Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Get this clown out of this club now!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 267 Guests

Get this clown out of this club now!

This thread currently has 12,898 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner Ronnie
December 28, 2014, 8:03pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from ackomariner

Why did we have a more demanding game than lincoln? Fitness wasn't the problem today

I disagree a little, there are some players of no fault of their own that were unfit today, not that it should be used as a main reason for losing

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 102
mariner91
December 28, 2014, 8:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,646
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Vance Warner

2) We never turn up for the big games. Our record against top sides is better than the lower teams. Good performances in the cup last season were in front of big crowds.

Can't agree with this. How many "big" games have we had this season? Today was the first in my opinion. The first time we've had a big crowd against an in form team who we have a bit of rivalry with and the team bottles it. We haven't played any of the top five at BP and it's too early in the season to claim they're "big" games.

Going away from home and playing teams in the cup who are above you in the leagues (the cup games) takes the pressure off you somewhat which is why we have got joy then. When you're expected to take the game to the opposition and to do so in front of a big, expectant crowd, Town invariably bottle it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 102
Sussexmariner
December 28, 2014, 8:49pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from Vance Warner

Well done but one result doesn't prove anyone right or wrong. Some laughable comments from the knee jerk reaction brigade.

This is not knee-jerk, this happens season after season, we WILL get into the play-offs, we WILL be beaten by a better side

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 102
MuddyWaters
December 28, 2014, 9:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
So January approaches, does Fenty give Hurst more money to spend or invest in a manager with the nous to take us to the next level with the p layers we've already got? Gary Mills anyone?
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 102
Mariner Ronnie
December 28, 2014, 9:28pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from MuddyWaters
So January approaches, does Fenty give Hurst more money to spend or invest in a manager with the nous to take us to the next level with the layers we've already got? Gary Mills anyone?

Not for me thanks, will never happen anyway

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 102
December 28, 2014, 9:30pm
Guest User
Quoted from craigy
Loosing to your rivals is never acceptable in any sport

You'd carry more weight if could spell the fornicator!

Jason Paget
Reply: 55 - 102
Vance Warner
December 28, 2014, 9:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,808
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Sussexmariner

This is not knee-jerk, this happens season after season, we WILL get into the play-offs, we WILL be beaten by a better side

Thanks Mystic Meg. Go and put your mortgage on it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 102
GrimRob
December 28, 2014, 9:50pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Sussexmariner

For having absolutely no faith in somebody that has underachieved season after season after season?

I bet there are a few more "jokers" in our town tonight not me though, I've been slagging off Hurst for several years now it's nice to be proved right

No for sitting back on the sidelines and having nothing positive to say, ever. Anyone can keep quiet for weeks and then start a "told you so" thread every time we lose, which we are bound to from time to time. I don't regard this as the behaviour of a so-called supporter.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 57 - 102
Paul62
December 28, 2014, 10:00pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +9
Quoted from jock dock tower
FFS, I've read some poop in my time but folk are calling for the manager's head after a (probably predictable) defeat? The season's a marathon, not a sprint - sorry about the awful cliche but it is just that. Should Barnet sack their manager because Dover held them 2-2 at home today? Of course not. Should Macc sack their manager because they've now lost two on the trot?

Come on guys, I'm still of the opinion automatic promotion can be won. Criticise the team by all means, all long as it's noteworthy, but calling for the managers head because he's only won 8 out of the last 12 games? Lighten up.

Not playing one dimensional hoof ball. Hurst believes playing the long ball at a lone striker is going to conquer most teams in this league. This policy has seen some success but as the season progresses we are going to come up against more teams that have sussed we have no plan B, consequently more results like today will become the norm.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 102
MeanwoodMariner
December 28, 2014, 10:01pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
I suppose it's a good sign that these "I told you we would lose a game sometime" threads are so rare nowadays.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Get this clown out of this club now!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.