Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Get this clown out of this club now!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 204 Guests

Get this clown out of this club now!

This thread currently has 12,896 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
December 30, 2014, 5:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Don't know how anyone can disagree with this assessment but maybe that's because it was just how I saw it too

It was almost as if we'd settled for it being 1-0 and that was how it was going to be, no matter what, which as we know to our cost, wasn't the case

I said at the time that we needed to up it and try to see them off first half but we don't seem to have that in our make up

If we score 1st I think Hurst's mind set is to hold on to it rather than go for another,

On the other hand if we go one down we seem to up our game,

Why don't we up our game from the off, I ask.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 102
FishOutOfWater
December 30, 2014, 5:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from grimsby pete

If we score 1st I think Hurst's mind set is to hold on to it rather than go for another,

On the other hand if we go one down we seem to up our game,

Why don't we up our game from the off, I ask.

There you have it in a nutshell Pete

At 1-0 there is always the chance of a freak goal coming along ( and as good as their equaliser was, it was totally an out of the blue strike , unlikely to be repeated ) but we seemed content to let the 1st half just peter out

Had that gone to plan I guess most of us would have been satisfied with a lead at half time but had we gone for the jugular after scoring a relatively early goal we'd probably have taken the three points without too much of a struggle
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 101 - 102
horsforthmariner
December 31, 2014, 12:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,613
Gold Stars: 9
I think a little perspective is needed - I must admit I didn''t go on boxing day (I was at Macc on boxing day). I'm much more positive about town maybe it's because I attend as many away matches as I do home matches.

However this Hurst sniping is ludicrous:

we have lost 3 out of last 17 matches.
We are sitting in 4th place, 4 points in the play offs with a game in hand on those outside.
We have the fourth biggest budget in the league and we are sitting fourth in the league.
Of the championship winning sides while we have been down here all have had bigger budgets than us.

We are doing as well as can be reasonable expected. The best football I've seen from town since we've been down here was in the second season when we finished eleventh. Yes we are more boring now but we pick up more points.

There are some criticisms I do go along with. Bignot and Mackraith are rubbish and we need to replace (Why didn't Doig play?). I would like us to improve our set plays which are distinctly average. I also think Pittman and Shop are too similar (and not clinical enough).

Losing to Lincoln is annoying but if we beat Macc on new years day we will have picked 9 points from 12 in the xmas period which would be excellent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Get this clown out of this club now!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.