Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Get this clown out of this club now!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 191 Guests

Get this clown out of this club now!

This thread currently has 12,897 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
December 28, 2014, 6:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Said a long time ago that Hurst will not deliver promotion and I'm sat on holiday feeling sorry for those who still believe he can. The team are an embodiment of the manager, no passion and no clue.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 102
jock dock tower
December 28, 2014, 6:45pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
FFS, I've read some poop in my time but folk are calling for the manager's head after a (probably predictable) defeat? The season's a marathon, not a sprint - sorry about the awful cliche but it is just that. Should Barnet sack their manager because Dover held them 2-2 at home today? Of course not. Should Macc sack their manager because they've now lost two on the trot?

Come on guys, I'm still of the opinion automatic promotion can be won. Criticise the team by all means, all long as it's noteworthy, but calling for the managers head because he's only won 8 out of the last 12 games? Lighten up.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 102
Garth
December 28, 2014, 7:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
The important bit is to beat the teams above you, too many players were not at it today and it showed, the team with the best defence in the league played like a team with the worst, no plan B though and there should be.
If we had drawn against Macca, and won today we would be happy bunnies but only one point better
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 102
mariner91
December 28, 2014, 7:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,646
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from jock dock tower
FFS, I've read some poop in my time but folk are calling for the manager's head after a (probably predictable) defeat? The season's a marathon, not a sprint - sorry about the awful cliche but it is just that. Should Barnet sack their manager because Dover held them 2-2 at home today? Of course not. Should Macc sack their manager because they've now lost two on the trot?

Come on guys, I'm still of the opinion automatic promotion can be won. Criticise the team by all means, all long as it's noteworthy, but calling for the managers head because he's only won 8 out of the last 12 games? Lighten up.

I'd be very surprised if we got promotion at all unless something changes, let alone automatically. The players haven't got the balls to win the big games and don't have the guile to break down teams who defend en masse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 102
Sussexmariner
December 28, 2014, 7:30pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from GrimRob
You are a joke Bruce Springsteen

For having absolutely no faith in somebody that has underachieved season after season after season?

I bet there are a few more "jokers" in our town tonight not me though, I've been slagging off Hurst for several years now it's nice to be proved right

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 102
Mariner Ronnie
December 28, 2014, 7:38pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Sussexmariner

For having absolutely no faith in somebody that has underachieved season after season after season?

I bet there are a few more "jokers" in our town tonight not me though, I've been slagging off Hurst for several years now it's nice to be proved right

If we win the play offs this season will he have underachieved?

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 102
DocTower
December 28, 2014, 7:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from Garth
The important bit is to beat the teams above you, too many players were not at it today and it showed, the team with the best defence in the league played like a team with the worst, no plan B though and there should be.
If we had drawn against Macca, and won today we would be happy bunnies but only one point better

Happens at home too many times , in front of an expectant crowd . Cheaper forms of entertainment , they are loosing support ,  220 mile round trip for for Emisar he isn't a happy bunny
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 102
Vance Warner
December 28, 2014, 7:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,807
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Sussexmariner

I've been slagging off Hurst for several years now it's nice to be proved right

Well done but one result doesn't prove anyone right or wrong. Some laughable comments from the knee jerk reaction brigade.

1) They players don't care - I've seen town teams that don;t care and this isn't one of them. Don;t forget we had a much more demanding game than Lincoln 48 hours ago.

2) We never turn up for the big games. Our record against top sides is better than the lower teams. Good performances in the cup last season were in front of big crowds.

3) We'll lose in the playoffs again - how can you be so sure? Our record against the top teams is far better than the last two seasons.

4) Hurst must be watching a different game - or maybe he refuses to criticise his players in the media.

Town fans have always been a fickle bunch (myself included) but it's getting a bit ridiculous. Welcome to the age of the keyboard football fan.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 102
ackomariner
December 28, 2014, 7:52pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Vance Warner

Well done but one result doesn't prove anyone right or wrong. Some laughable comments from the knee jerk reaction brigade.

1) They players don't care - I've seen town teams that don;t care and this isn't one of them. Don;t forget we had a much more demanding game than Lincoln 48 hours ago.

2) We never turn up for the big games. Our record against top sides is better than the lower teams. Good performances in the cup last season were in front of big crowds.

3) We'll lose in the playoffs again - how can you be so sure? Our record against the top teams is far better than the last two seasons.

4) Hurst must be watching a different game - or maybe he refuses to criticise his players in the media.

Town fans have always been a fickle bunch (myself included) but it's getting a bit ridiculous. Welcome to the age of the keyboard football fan.

Why did we have a more demanding game than lincoln? Fitness wasn't the problem today

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 102
December 28, 2014, 7:55pm
Guest User
Even the Lincoln fans are laughing at how stupid some of the comments on here are and I am laughing with them. These are the same people who were slating Lenny a few months ago.
Reply: 49 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Get this clown out of this club now!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.