Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Get this clown out of this club now!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 280 Guests

Get this clown out of this club now!

This thread currently has 12,878 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
December 29, 2014, 12:28pm
Guest User
Don't worry we will have a stronger squad next season.
Reply: 80 - 102
mike_d
December 29, 2014, 12:45pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +383
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from acko338
Everyone frustrated that Lincoln have done us twice with a simple system - play fast, be physical, get every 2nd ball.

How many chances saved or kicked off the line yesterday, so the approach play was right, it was the goalscoring that was wrong !

Two first half injuries to key players as well, Toto's inevitable suspension as well - all factors that Hurst can use to say we did enough but had bad luck.

So, what does Hannah have to do to get on the field, and why is the Rotherham loan speedster not playing on one wing?

From the text commentary it seemed like there were a lot of "great saves" by the Lincoln keeper, and we were hamstrung by the loss of the more quality players such as Magnay.

Don't know about the Rotherham speedster, but Hannah could do with coaching on the Offiside rule.

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 102
Garth
December 29, 2014, 12:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Marinerz93

You will always get those who moan and complain regardless of position or form.  One thing to bear in mind is that people still care deeply for our club.  Frustration in some poor performances are rising to the surface again, why, because things aren't changing

1. Players are still bottling it in front of big crowds
2. A Manager who has form for not bringing in players in Jan who can take us forward.
3. The inevitable reach the play off's but fail.

When people stop moaning, this the real time for concern because that's when people stop caring!

This!
You really have to be insensitive if you are not disappointed with the result yesterday, and the vast majority of posters on here care hence the moans, would you want a message board like most in this league that have little to say, or a one man show like Joules the imp God Bless Him

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 102
ginnywings
December 29, 2014, 12:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from mike_d

From the text commentary it seemed like there were a lot of "great saves" by the Lincoln keeper, and we were hamstrung by the loss of the more quality players such as Magnay.

Don't know about the Rotherham speedster, but Hannah could do with coaching on the Offiside rule.

Great saves or poor finishing? Most shots were tame and straight at the keeper. No composure.

For the record, i haven't stopped going completely and my problem is not so much with the results as the whole playing philosophy at the club under Hurst. I am a paying customer and have the right to withdraw my support as i see fit. I have been blindly following for the last ten years of mostly failure, when others i know have stopped long ago.

Maybe everyone has a different point at which they get to the end of their tether. As i have said, if you are happy with the footy at BP, then that's fine and dandy by me.

Highcliff pointed out the reference to Burnley and i was thinking exactly the same as i watched MOTD last night. Positive team with a positive manager can go a long way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 102
grimsby pete
December 29, 2014, 12:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,780
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from BIGChris

After yesterdays attendance i think far more supporters are staying away from message boards rather than matches

Lets see what the gate is on Thursday,

If we had won against Lincoln I bet it would have been 5,500 to 6 ,000,

Now I can see it being 3,500.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 102
Mariner Ronnie
December 29, 2014, 1:21pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from 4055
I think Mariner Ronnie could be Paul Hurst or related

I'm sure Paul hurst is sensible enough to not come or post on here

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 102
blasty
December 29, 2014, 3:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +227
FWIW, I havent attended since Southport at home as I got to the point where I could no longer support Mr Hurst and his dull, negative, one dimensional football. The lack of a Plan B has been evident for a considerable amount of time and whilst I appreciate this is a results business, its patently obvious that in terms of tactics and nouse to get out of this division, nothing has changed since last season although being an average Sunday league manager Im sure Im not the best placed to moan about lack of tactical nouse (before anyone who knows who I am starts!! )

As much as it pains me to stay away, I cannot support the manager and therefore choose to spend my Saturday afternoons with the family rather than spend my hard earned money (some might argue that point ) leaving the ground more frustrated and considerably less entertained than when I arrived. Yes, twiddling my thumbs on the walk to the ground was invariably more exciting than the fare served up itself at BP.

If we are to get out of this league, it will not be under Mr Hurst stewardship of that Im sure and that is why I whole heartedly advocate a change of manager - which is the same position I have advocated all season (although not overly vocally on here)

However, if come April Im proved wrong, Ill be delivghted as a Grimsby Town fan and will come back on here and congratulate the team and Mr Hurst on their achievements, I just wont be there to see it as Im not a hypocrite.

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 102
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 29, 2014, 5:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
It would be pointless to remove the manager just now, it's too late to affect this season because it would take too long to get a replacement unless it was an internal one.

I don't think there is any chance of Town going up as champions and it would be a massive struggle to win the play offs. Personally I am resigned to another Conference season next year. I hope not but the omens don't look good. We will perhaps know more after the next two games.

The biggest snag I can see is that we could reach the play offs, lose again, and some people will see this as success. The old chestnuts about budgets, doing as well as we can expect, who else could we get and he's a good manager getting 3 play offs in a row - these will all come back again.

We could end up with no change, plus the other argument from last year that PH should be given the close season and a dozen matches. So in December 2015 we could very easily be in exactly the same situation as we are now.

If I'm wrong, and I sincerely hope I am, then PH will deserve much credit and I'll be happy to join in with that. Realistically though..............

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 102
barralad
December 29, 2014, 7:06pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Paul62

Not playing one dimensional hoof ball. Hurst believes playing the long ball at a lone striker is going to conquer most teams in this league. This policy has seen some success but as the season progresses we are going to come up against more teams that have sussed we have no plan B, consequently more results like today will become the norm.

I can only assume you weren't at the game. We didn't play "the long ball at a lone striker"

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 102
dapperz fun pub
December 29, 2014, 7:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,882
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

I'm sure Paul hurst is sensible enough to not come or post on here

do you mean like his boss
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Get this clown out of this club now!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.