Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Get this clown out of this club now!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 179 Guests

Get this clown out of this club now!

This thread currently has 12,890 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
December 29, 2014, 7:10pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from denni266
We wont get out this league with hurst in charge , be lucky to get in the playoffs and get knocked out again

Just out of interest do you have this particularly scintillating comment on a template that you can just slot into any thread that is going on?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 102
dapperz fun pub
December 29, 2014, 7:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
It would be pointless to remove the manager just now, it's too late to affect this season because it would take too long to get a replacement unless it was an internal one.

I don't think there is any chance of Town going up as champions and it would be a massive struggle to win the play offs. Personally I am resigned to another Conference season next year. I hope not but the omens don't look good. We will perhaps know more after the next two games.

The biggest snag I can see is that we could reach the play offs, lose again, and some people will see this as success. The old chestnuts about budgets, doing as well as we can expect, who else could we get and he's a good manager getting 3 play offs in a row - these will all come back again.

We could end up with no change, plus the other argument from last year that PH should be given the close season and a dozen matches. So in December 2015 we could very easily be in exactly the same situation as we are now.

If I'm wrong, and I sincerely hope I am, then PH will deserve much credit and I'll be happy to join in with that. Realistically though..............

good post agree with all of that and id love hurst to get us up BUT i very much doubt it, remember it took luton a few goes to get it right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 102
barralad
December 29, 2014, 8:18pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
I'd be amazed if Town don't go up this year if Paul Hurst is still in charge pre 2015/16 season.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 102
louth_in_the_south
December 29, 2014, 10:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
I'd be more amazed if we do go up

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 102
Les Brechin
December 30, 2014, 2:53pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from blasty
FWIW, I havent attended since Southport at home as I got to the point where I could no longer support Mr Hurst and his dull, negative, one dimensional football. The lack of a Plan B has been evident for a considerable amount of time and whilst I appreciate this is a results business, its patently obvious that in terms of tactics and nouse to get out of this division, nothing has changed since last season although being an average Sunday league manager Im sure Im not the best placed to moan about lack of tactical nouse (before anyone who knows who I am starts!! )

As much as it pains me to stay away, I cannot support the manager and therefore choose to spend my Saturday afternoons with the family rather than spend my hard earned money (some might argue that point ) leaving the ground more frustrated and considerably less entertained than when I arrived. Yes, twiddling my thumbs on the walk to the ground was invariably more exciting than the fare served up itself at BP.

If we are to get out of this league, it will not be under Mr Hurst stewardship of that Im sure and that is why I whole heartedly advocate a change of manager - which is the same position I have advocated all season (although not overly vocally on here)

However, if come April Im proved wrong, Ill be delivghted as a Grimsby Town fan and will come back on here and congratulate the team and Mr Hurst on their achievements, I just wont be there to see it as Im not a hypocrite.

UTM

I'm surprised Dave. Never had you down as a fair-weather fan!

Your team is for life, you support them through thick and thin. Admittedly is been very bloody thin for far too long now but we've seen the good times in the past and if you were to just pick a team who were doing well at the time you'd be changing your team every other week.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 102
blasty
December 30, 2014, 3:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +227
Quoted from Les Brechin

I'm surprised Dave. Never had you down as a fair-weather fan!

Your team is for life, you support them through thick and thin. Admittedly is been very bloody thin for far too long now but we've seen the good times in the past and if you were to just pick a team who were doing well at the time you'd be changing your team every other week.

Very simplisitc view Les but I respect you and you are fully entitled to your opinion, so Ill not engage in an argument

But FWIW, GTFC are and will always be my club regardless of whether I choose to attend the game or not, despite some peoples definition of a supporter meaning you continue to blindly donate cash on a matchday regardless.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 102
Les Brechin
December 30, 2014, 4:15pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from blasty

Very simplisitc view Les but I respect you and you are fully entitled to your opinion, so Ill not engage in an argument

But FWIW, GTFC are and will always be my club regardless of whether I choose to attend the game or not, despite some peoples definition of a supporter meaning you continue to blindly donate cash on a matchday regardless.

UTM

You know me Dave, I have a simplisitc (sic) view on everything in life.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 102
denni266
December 30, 2014, 4:40pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from barralad

Just out of interest do you have this particularly scintillating comment on a template that you can just slot into any thread that is going on?

nope. its just how i feel and one or two wins wont change my mind,, i am consistant   even if i cnt spell it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 102
Jaws
December 30, 2014, 4:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
At 1-0 the place was like a morgue yes. There were a number of a chances when people around me where saying we'd be getting irate if we were at 0-0 and they were getting those chances. Most teams at 1-0 will either press for another one or try and hold the fort until half/full-time - I'm unsure what the tactic was or whether there was one in the final fifteen minutes of the first half, we didn't threaten the Lincoln goal and we weren't really getting men back and shutting Lincoln out.
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 102
FishOutOfWater
December 30, 2014, 5:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Jaws
At 1-0 the place was like a morgue yes. There were a number of a chances when people around me where saying we'd be getting irate if we were at 0-0 and they were getting those chances. Most teams at 1-0 will either press for another one or try and hold the fort until half/full-time - I'm unsure what the tactic was or whether there was one in the final fifteen minutes of the first half, we didn't threaten the Lincoln goal and we weren't really getting men back and shutting Lincoln out.

Don't know how anyone can disagree with this assessment but maybe that's because it was just how I saw it too

It was almost as if we'd settled for it being 1-0 and that was how it was going to be, no matter what, which as we know to our cost, wasn't the case

I said at the time that we needed to up it and try to see them off first half but we don't seem to have that in our make up

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 99 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Get this clown out of this club now!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.