davmariner
December 22, 2014, 10:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from mariner91
He's hardly going to accept any wrongdoing when he maintains his innocence is he?

He's been convicted by a court of law and a jury of his peers. The evidence must have been pretty convincing for him to be sent to prison.

Non of us were in the court room and it's remarkable how people can just say 'I believe he's innocent'. I guess they must know something that the British judicial system doesn't?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 91
davmariner
December 22, 2014, 10:49am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GTFCNiles
While I'll admit I don't know all the details to the case after looking on his website something just doesn't add up for me. I'm definitely in the he's served his time, let him get on with his life camp. I would have him in a town shirt tomorrow if it got us back into the football league.

Is a website dedicated to freeing Ched Evans really going to present the facts in an impartial, comprehensive and unbiased manner?

Let's not forget this girl had to change her identity twice.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 91
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 22, 2014, 11:05am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from mariner91

I'm confused, are you saying a child shouldn't look up to someone who is gay or Muslim?

Not at all.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 91
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 22, 2014, 11:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from davmariner

There's being 'hardly angelic' and there's being a convicted rapist.

What's your point about gays and Muslims? Not quite sure what you're getting at but as far as I'm aware being gay or being Muslim isn't a crime. Having gay or Muslim footballers that are public and proud I'd argue would be good for society.

People make mistakes, granted. But going to prison is not just about punishment and serving your time. Even more so it's about reform and accepting the crime you have committed is wrong.

Your argument was decreeing that all footballers should be whiter than white. Yet we have many that are hero worshipped that are far from that.

I believe that the man has done his time and should be able to once more ply his trade.  Not saying what has happened is/was right.

Would I mind him playing for us? It wouldn't bother me personally.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 91
mariner91
December 22, 2014, 11:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,636
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from davmariner

He's been convicted by a court of law and a jury of his peers. The evidence must have been pretty convincing for him to be sent to prison.

Non of us were in the court room and it's remarkable how people can just say 'I believe he's innocent'. I guess they must know something that the British judicial system doesn't?

Not the point I was making. I didn't say I think he's innocent or that the courts were wrong. You said he doesn't acknowledge any wrongdoing or show any remorse but he isn't exactly likely to when he maintains his innocence and is actively trying to get his name cleared.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 91
Cod Cheeks
December 22, 2014, 11:20am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Quoted from davmariner
The day Town sign a convicted rapist will be the day I stop watching Town.

Me too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 91
davmariner
December 22, 2014, 11:21am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Your argument was decreeing that all footballers should be whiter than white. Yet we have many that are hero worshipped that are far from that.

I believe that the man has done his time and should be able to once more ply his trade.  Not saying what has happened is/was right.

That wasn't my argument at all, my point was that convicted rapists shouldn't be put on a platform to be worshiped and idolised by youngsters. The role of a professional footballer isn't merely confined to kicking a ball around.

Already have sections supporters chanted 'he's Ched Evans, he shags who wants'. As if this were some big joke.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 91
biggles9999
December 22, 2014, 12:10pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

So then why compare not wanting Ched Evans as a role model to not wanting a Gay/Muslim footballer as a role model?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 91
GTFCNiles
December 22, 2014, 1:05pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +42
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from davmariner

Is a website dedicated to freeing Ched Evans really going to present the facts in an impartial, comprehensive and unbiased manner?

Let's not forget this girl had to change her identity twice.

It just doesn't add up for me, personal view, if he's still maintaining his innocence now after he's served his time. Look at the video of her and Clayton going into the hotel room, if she's so drunk she can't remember a thing then i'll eat my hat she looks to be walking fine (in 4 inch heals), I've seen people who have been so drunk that they can't walk/talk due to alcohol and she certainly didn't look like that to me. Again personal view from what I have seen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 91
chrissy
December 22, 2014, 5:40pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
Would the ones who do not want to see Evans in a Town shirt,Say at what level who they be happy to see Evans play, ?

Sunday league or not at all,

I thought going to Hartlepool would have been enough extra punishment for him,

Maybe playing non league for us is a bigger punishment.

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ched Evans Poll

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.