Paris Mariner
December 24, 2014, 4:54pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from headingly_mariner

He has been trying to appeal since the verdict was given, the appeal is now being fast tracked I believe. If you had been found guilty of something you believed you had not done, would you show remorse or accept guilt? Football is a short career to put on hold.

Perhaps not, I don't know but the fact of the matter is that he hasn't proven otherwise yet and should pursue that before taking up a privilged postion in society. If he wants to work and rehabilihate at the same time, take a normal job and play Sunday football.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 50 - 91
mariner91
December 24, 2014, 5:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Paris Mariner

Perhaps not, I don't know but the fact of the matter is that he hasn't proven otherwise yet and should pursue that before taking up a privilged postion in society. If he wants to work and rehabilihate at the same time, take a normal job and play Sunday football.

Would you call playing (potentially) non-league football a privileged position?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 91
Paris Mariner
December 24, 2014, 5:30pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from mariner91

Would you call playing (potentially) non-league football a privileged position?

For GTFC, yes, because I'd say he'd be earning between £700-1000 per week plus bonuses.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 52 - 91
FishOutOfWater
December 24, 2014, 5:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from RonMariner

There were three people in the room. Two said the woman consented, and one can't remember. There has to be reasonable doubt there surely?  

One thing that I find strange is that Evans ' brother and a friend of his were outside the room filming what was going on

Given that the police built a strong enough case to prosecute Evans and get him sent down how come the brother and his accomplice never faced charges as accessories?  

Surely they had a moral responsibility to intervene given what they were witnessing? I could be wrong but by not stopping what was going on means they allowed the situation to go much further than it should have done?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 53 - 91
pontoonlew
December 24, 2014, 5:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,841
Gold Stars: 167
The media have picked there scapegoat in Evans, Hughes wasn't quite high profile enough for them. Those scumbags in the press won't stop until Evans is sweeping the streets.

You do the time, you deserve a shot at a normal life. Just as their colleagues who got done for tapping up dead schoolgirls mobile phones, I wonder when the media excrement storm is coming when they try and get back into normal life? I'd love to see the back tracking if Evans does have his conviction over turned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 91
mariner91
December 24, 2014, 5:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260

For GTFC, yes, because I'd say he'd be earning between £700-1000 per week plus bonuses.

That's not that much really. And I'm sure there are other professions that earn that much that don't need DBS checks, so hypothetically if he'd done one of those and gone back to doing it after serving his sentence would you still oppose it? Or do we say you've served your sentence for your crime but we'll punish you for the rest of your life by limiting the amount of money you can earn?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 91
BottesfordMariner
December 24, 2014, 6:24pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Football to a footballer is simply a job. A job in which they have some natural ability to earn a living.

I wasnt aware of a law that stated if found guilty and sentenced for a crime upon your release you can longer do a job which you may be quite good at (and in turn earn what to some would be a decent income) but must instead work a menial job for minimum wages for the rest of your life. I'll stand corrected if that law has been passed and i missed it.

He has lost part of his career and will never reach the heights he maybe could have. Thats a further (deserved) punishment along with his loss of freedom he has served.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 91
December 24, 2014, 6:26pm
Guest User

He's only got about 5 years left now hasn't he? Think he's about 26. He's potentially lost millions, in fact probably lost millions as he was a rising star. Let's not forget, Sheff Utd paid £3m for him. Many posters on here will earn £700-£1000 a week plus, it's good money but not that good when you only have 5 years or so left to save a nest egg.
Reply: 57 - 91
Marinerz93
December 24, 2014, 6:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from mariner91

That's not that much really. And I'm sure there are other professions that earn that much that don't need DBS checks, so hypothetically if he'd done one of those and gone back to doing it after serving his sentence would you still oppose it? Or do we say you've served your sentence for your crime but we'll punish you for the rest of your life by limiting the amount of money you can earn?

If you needed some work doing in your house, were you live with your good looking and fit wife, and your good looking and fit 18 year old daughter who at times throughout the day are home alone, would you (a) employ a known convicted rapist, who is very good at the job you want doing or (b) employ someone who is nearly as good but who hasn't been convicted of rape.

Obviously the wife and daughter are hypothetical, bear in mind though that nearly 40% of high-risk rapists re-offend within 5 years.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 91
Rodley Mariner
December 24, 2014, 7:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from pontoonlew
The media have picked there scapegoat in Evans, Hughes wasn't quite high profile enough for them. Those scumbags in the press won't stop until Evans is sweeping the streets.

You do the time, you deserve a shot at a normal life. Just as their colleagues who got done for tapping up dead schoolgirls mobile phones, I wonder when the media excrement storm is coming when they try and get back into normal life? I'd love to see the back tracking if Evans does have his conviction over turned.

Scapegoat? He's a convicted rapist. If Evans conviction is over-turned then he won't be a convicted rapist. Will you be back-tracking if it isn't over-turned?

Again, you'd have  no problem if he was convicted of child sex offences?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ched Evans Poll

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.