This thread currently has 15,578 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
December 21, 2014, 11:57pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,505
Gold Stars: 173
I'd like to think kids would be more bothered about scoring playground goals than drunk up holes.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 91
mariner91
December 22, 2014, 12:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,641
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from davmariner

Not in a high profile role such as a professional footballer in which youngsters look up to you.

And also given that he has shown no remorse or acknowledged any wrongdoing.

I honestly don't understand this argument. No child, even if they are a fan of Ched Evans, will come to think of rape being acceptable because he was once found guilty of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 91
GTFCNiles
December 22, 2014, 6:40am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +42
Gold Stars: 6
While I'll admit I don't know all the details to the case after looking on his website something just doesn't add up for me. I'm definitely in the he's served his time, let him get on with his life camp. I would have him in a town shirt tomorrow if it got us back into the football league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 91
LongEatonMariner
December 22, 2014, 8:17am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Marinerz93
Sign a convicted rapist, definitely not, sign someone cleared of rape/criminal offence, yes.

Sign someone who crashed into someone then run away from the scene leaving them to die, never in a million years.

Agree 100%
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 91
cleefish
December 22, 2014, 8:19am
L:incoln
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from GTFCNiles
While I'll admit I don't know all the details to the case after looking on his website something just doesn't add up for me. I'm definitely in the he's served his time, let him get on with his life camp. I would have him in a town shirt tomorrow if it got us back into the football league.

yes  agreed get him in a town  shirt let us get out of this  league utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 91
AlanPoutonsTackle
December 22, 2014, 9:19am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
It has to be said with this there appears to be a large number of armchair judges. If Ched Evans didn't work again what good would that do for society as well. His sentence is punishment done and that punishment isn't a life sentence where he cannot work again. There are people who would be happy for him to go on a building site, yet not play lower league football. There is a lot to be said for letting him get on with it. What he did was atrociously wrong but people cannot rehabilitate from prison unless we allow them to do so. All Evans has ever done is play football. So let him play football

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 91
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 22, 2014, 10:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from davmariner

Not in a high profile role such as a professional footballer in which youngsters look up to you.

And also given that he has shown no remorse or acknowledged any wrongdoing.

So, your argument would be the same then if a player was to come out as gay, Muslim etc

You are saying players should have cast no sins yet playgrounds were full of beckham, collymore and giggs shirts yet they were hardly angelic

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 91
mariner91
December 22, 2014, 10:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

So, your argument would be the same then if a player was to come out as gay, Muslim etc

You are saying players should have cast no sins yet playgrounds were full of beckham, collymore and giggs shirts yet they were hardly angelic

I'm confused, are you saying a child shouldn't look up to someone who is gay or Muslim?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 91
davmariner
December 22, 2014, 10:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

There's being 'hardly angelic' and there's being a convicted rapist.

What's your point about gays and Muslims? Not quite sure what you're getting at but as far as I'm aware being gay or being Muslim isn't a crime. Having gay or Muslim footballers that are public and proud I'd argue would be good for society.

People make mistakes, granted. But going to prison is not just about punishment and serving your time. Even more so it's about reform and accepting the crime you have committed is wrong.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 91
mariner91
December 22, 2014, 10:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
He's hardly going to accept any wrongdoing when he maintains his innocence is he?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ched Evans Poll

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.