Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just got back....
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 239 Guests

Just got back....

This thread currently has 6,475 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
SamTheMariner
November 15, 2014, 10:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
What did Toto do wrong? We backed ourselves to keep a clean sheet and got it wrong.

We held on at Torquay, Wrexham and at home to Halifax it was bound to happen eventually.

I thought Magnay was poorer and not as solid or tidy as he usually is. Parslow was good just performed a couple of half hearted clearances and Aza is Aza liable to cause a calamity and then take months to recover remember his red card against Lincoln. He was not the same that season afterwards.

I think we need to try Pittman again. Either up front with Arnold in behind the pair of them in a diamond or put wide with Neilson or Arnold left sided. It would mean Lenny would be less isolated.

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 44
TownSNAFU5
November 15, 2014, 10:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
The result and the above comments are totally at odds with the "match predictions" thread.  Of the 22 posts, all the ones forecasting a score had Town down as an away win.  

Does anyone think that collectively, the team and supporters were a tad complacent? Expecting an easy away victory here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 44
MyDogsThoughts
November 15, 2014, 11:21pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
The result and the above comments are totally at odds with the "match predictions" thread.  Of the 22 posts, all the ones forecasting a score had Town down as an away win.  

Does anyone think that collectively, the team and supporters were a tad complacent? Expecting an easy away victory here.

Probably.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 44
moosey_club
November 15, 2014, 11:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,242
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

They were in sh1t form, we are top of the form, by the sounds of it we played awful first half and they still didnt threaten, they have Kyle Perry....KYLE PERRY...(tub of lard)..playing as their main striker...we are second in the league they were 16 places below us, their is a 37 goal difference between us...... i dont think complacency is the word... but we should expect to be turning these teams over if we have serious title/ promotion ambitions.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 44
Abdul19
November 16, 2014, 1:49am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
2 points thrown away even though we didn't play well, but I suppose at least we didn't lose another one at the end - thought it was a good tactical foul and lucky not to see red. Clay's unfortunate to lose his place to Pell, who was poor. Great goal by Arnold/poor Parslow clearance and failing to stop the cross etc etc.

Excellent day for Barnet.

6 points from 2 home games next please.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 44
LookBackInAngers
November 16, 2014, 2:41am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +93
Feels like  a defeat even when an away point is never a bad point.However that was just the kind of few minutes that could come to some up the season .To win  a game in which you have not really shown anything like true abilities is probably what differentiates the teams that achieve their targets from the also -rans.Excellent strike.Great turn out from the supporters shame about the idiots.Lets get back to winning ways against Kidderminster.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 44
EY Mariner
November 16, 2014, 8:37am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Let's not lose sight of the bigger picture here. Before yesterday, we had won our previous five league games. We're still unbeaten in eight and have only lost once in the last 12. Apart from Barnet, none of the team around us made any ground on us yesterday and we're still a point closer to Barnet than we were this time last week. We're in a good position and yesterday, as frustrating as it is, does not alter that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 44
LH
November 16, 2014, 11:14am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,506
Gold Stars: 173
Can't really add much to what anyone has put. Only my second away game this season but still no us seen us win on the road (Lincoln). Heard we look better away so might have another go at Telford.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 44
lukeo
November 16, 2014, 11:18am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
I feel for the fans that went and i'm sure and understand they feel like it was a lose. But let's stay positive, we're 2nd and will stay 2nd after games in hand unless Woking win both theres. We're unbeaten in 8? and top of the form table with 2 home games coming up. Woking play Barnet next game so there is a chance for us to either pull further into the play offs or closer to automatic spot. We need to realise in reality there are 7-8 teams who felt at the beginning of the season they could hit that top spot. So to be 2nd after 17 games is a handy position for us.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 44
chaos33
November 16, 2014, 11:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
You know what mate.....I think, all things considered, you've got it in a nutshell.  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just got back....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.