Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Exactly! 1100 crowd, 700+ town

Well done to all

Not sure those totals add up mate: defo more than 400 home fans, plenty of us though.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 44
MyDogsThoughts
November 15, 2014, 8:55pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from LH
Just read 1881 with 771 town?

Sounds too many of both to be honest: but it is difficult to tell when you are in the middle of it.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 44
arryarryarry
November 15, 2014, 9:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Same old Grimsby. We could write a book "how to throw away a game in 10 minutes or less".

The first half was hoof it forward Shop heads it on to no one. Pell and Disley were slow, only seemed to pass it backwards or sideways never seemed to look to go forward. Arnold and Neilson were to wide and needed to come in more and support Shop better. We had three weak shots on target, they never really threatened. That is pretty much the whole first half. Now onto the idiots with smoke bombs. We need to supply plain clothes cops to mingle and find the idiots throwing these into the crowds now, catch them, ban them for life. Like said above, what was looking like our most promising attack in the first half was pulled back because of these male private heads throwing smoke bombs onto the pitch.  It was great to see the real fans turning on these scrotes after they forced a good attack to be blown dead as the idiots threw the smoke bombs on the pitch at their keeper. It was also nice to see their keeper being a good sport about it especially the second time.

Second half we were poor in midfield again till Clay and Brown came as we continued to hoof the ball to Shop who headed it on to no one. We created nothing, however they had started to threaten. Then Clay and Brown appear and by magic we are passing the ball on the deck, we look quicker, an actual threat and forward passes were being made to feet (No I kid you not to feet). We started looking like we were going to break them down at last and had a number of close calls, then a wonder strike from Arnold and we take the lead. But as per usual instead of increasing the pressure on them which we had being doing up to the goal, instead of pressing them on the edge of the box like we had been doing so well, instead of looking for a 2nd and 3rd goal we retreat to within 5 yards of our own box and desperately try to repel the constant pressure we have brought on ourselves only to try and hoof it away to the shop who has few options. Low and behold we concede a cheap goal as a result I could see it coming for ages l.

Spot on.

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 44
barralad
November 15, 2014, 9:05pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Got just about what we deserved. Can only echo the point re:- letting them back into a game they should have been well and truly out of.

We had a spell after we'd scored where every time we kicked the ball it went to a red and white shirt. Their goal came from Parsley's third consecutive rushed pass straight to the opposition.

Positives...Arnold's goal. A real contender for goal of the season. Pearson's third game on the bounce where he was supreme at the back. The return of Brown.

Neilson was his usual hot and cold

Disappointed with Pell.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 44
November 15, 2014, 9:13pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad
Positives...Arnold's goal. A real contender for goal of the season.

Please tell me more ?  

Was it anything like Neilson's scorcher at Gateshead ?

Reply: 16 - 44
MyDogsThoughts
November 15, 2014, 9:21pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 120797

Please tell me more ?  

He was sprinting along the right wing, cut inside a little and from about 10/15 metres from the corner of the penalty area he decided to hit it: their keeper nor us were ready for it, and it flew like a rocket and dipped just before hitting the back of the net: he hit it superbly and considering what he had done before during the game it is no wonder their keeper and us TOWN fans were not expecting a shot like that!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 44
barralad
November 15, 2014, 9:21pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from 120797

Please tell me more ?  

Probably 20-ish yards out from wide therefore narrowish angle rifled across the keeper and into the corner. Super finish..

I promise you me and MDT were at the same game. He must have excellent doggy eyesight.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 44
November 15, 2014, 9:22pm
Guest User
Thanks chaps, can't wait to see it on Mariners Player !
Reply: 19 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.