Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just got back....
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 222 Guests

Just got back....

This thread currently has 6,461 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
livosnose
November 15, 2014, 7:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,159
Gold Stars: 15
To sale in Manchester to get fooked out my face.  Average game , uber goal ,everyone worked hard, parslow didn't clear it far enough they scored.  Magnay is ace. Utm

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
headingly_mariner
November 15, 2014, 7:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Thought we never really got going, we didn't deserve to win it but should have after going in front.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 44
MyDogsThoughts
November 15, 2014, 7:18pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
I am home in Shropshire and mightily miffed we allowed them to come at us after our goal and threw away a win.

We huffed and puffed but did not play well apart from 15 minutes when Brown and Clay came on: we scored during that period, but then sat back and invited them onto us. We nearly lost the bloody game too: freekick in a very dangerous position right at the death.

No one saw the goal coming: great strike, but we did not really boss the game or control the match. No one had a bad game, but no one can hold their heads up either.

Left the ground like we'd lost, and am still upset, even half way down my first pint!

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 44
arryarryarry
November 15, 2014, 7:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
For me apart from the goal we completely lacked any real quality.

Playing LJL as the lone striker wasn't working, we just weren't holding it up at all.

I thought they hardly created a thing but for their effort deserved a goal.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 44
grimsby pete
November 15, 2014, 7:25pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
It sounds like we played like we did at Dartford and Braintree,

We are doing well but we need to step up a gear.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 44
Kymariner12
November 15, 2014, 7:32pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +102
The first half was dire, 2 fans nipped off to the pub of which i wasn't surprised. Arnolds goal was out of place with the game, cracking strike. We invited pressure, personally thought macca could have collected the ball prior to the corner but 16/18, we go again with back to back home games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 44
MyDogsThoughts
November 15, 2014, 7:38pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Forgot the mention the idiots with the smoke canisters: stopped our most promising attack in the first half by throwing one onto the pitch just when we were overrunning them and had players available both left and right: ref stopped the match. Tossers!

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 44
Mariner Ronnie
November 15, 2014, 8:23pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
Forgot the mention the idiots with the smoke canisters: stopped our most promising attack in the first half by throwing one onto the pitch just when we were overrunning them and had players available both left and right: ref stopped the match. Tossers!

Tossers of the highest order indeed, I hope they are banned from every game, they're giving us a bad name, quality support again though, must've been near 500 of us, 8 games unbeaten, shame we couldn't make it 6 straight wins but hey ho.

UTM!!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 44
sonofmadeleymariner
November 15, 2014, 8:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
Same old Grimsby. We could write a book "how to throw away a game in 10 minutes or less".

The first half was hoof it forward Shop heads it on to no one. Pell and Disley were slow, only seemed to pass it backwards or sideways never seemed to look to go forward. Arnold and Neilson were to wide and needed to come in more and support Shop better. We had three weak shots on target, they never really threatened. That is pretty much the whole first half. Now onto the idiots with smoke bombs. We need to supply plain clothes cops to mingle and find the idiots throwing these into the crowds now, catch them, ban them for life. Like said above, what was looking like our most promising attack in the first half was pulled back because of these male private heads throwing smoke bombs onto the pitch.  It was great to see the real fans turning on these scrotes after they forced a good attack to be blown dead as the idiots threw the smoke bombs on the pitch at their keeper. It was also nice to see their keeper being a good sport about it especially the second time.

Second half we were poor in midfield again till Clay and Brown came as we continued to hoof the ball to Shop who headed it on to no one. We created nothing, however they had started to threaten. Then Clay and Brown appear and by magic we are passing the ball on the deck, we look quicker, an actual threat and forward passes were being made to feet (No I kid you not to feet). We started looking like we were going to break them down at last and had a number of close calls, then a wonder strike from Arnold and we take the lead. But as per usual instead of increasing the pressure on them which we had being doing up to the goal, instead of pressing them on the edge of the box like we had been doing so well, instead of looking for a 2nd and 3rd goal we retreat to within 5 yards of our own box and desperately try to repel the constant pressure we have brought on ourselves only to try and hoof it away to the shop who has few options. Low and behold we concede a cheap goal as a result I could see it coming for ages l.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 44
immariner
November 15, 2014, 8:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,406
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

Tossers of the highest order indeed, I hope they are banned from every game, they're giving us a bad name, quality support again though, must've been near 500 of us, 8 games unbeaten, shame we couldn't make it 6 straight wins but hey ho.

UTM!!

717. Nearly 500.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 44
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just got back....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.