Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just got back....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 176 Guests

Just got back....

This thread currently has 6,476 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
November 15, 2014, 9:23pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,709
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts

Sounds too many of both to be honest: but it is difficult to tell when you are in the middle of it.

They were the 2 official figures released. 1881 total crowd with 717 away.

In contrast the TOTAL gate at Welling v Macclesfield today was 508!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
MyDogsThoughts
November 15, 2014, 9:24pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Quoted from barralad

Probably 20-ish yards out from wide therefore narrowish angle rifled across the keeper and into the corner. Super finish..

I promise you me and MDT were at the same game. He must have excellent doggy eyesight.

My view was better!

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
November 15, 2014, 9:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
It was a good goal but wish it had been scored later because once we'd scored the energy and dynamism the team suddenly had from bringing on brown and clay disappeared instantly and we were begging them to equalise. I'd have maybe started with that midfield rather than the one we did, and I think hurst should have brought Pittman on instead of makreth to give more physical prescence up front since Ljl was being bearhugged out the game but otherwise I think that was down to the players and hopefully they learn from it. All title challenges have hiccups like this so not too fussed was just a frustrating match to watch because we were clearly a much better team than them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
barralad
November 15, 2014, 9:28pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Can I add I cannot remember McKeown having to make a proper save prior to the goal....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
MyDogsThoughts
November 15, 2014, 9:29pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin

They were the 2 official figures released. 1881 total crowd with 717 away.

In contrast the TOTAL gate at Welling v Macclesfield today was 508!

OK Les: just about happy with those totals, although I am not convinced there were over 1,000 in the home areas: again difficult to tell unless you know how many the areas actually hold total wise.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
November 15, 2014, 9:30pm
Guest User
Mansfield were 11 points off  top spot at this stage two seasons ago. Luton were 7 points off this time last year. Take each game at a time though.
Reply: 25 - 44
MyDogsThoughts
November 15, 2014, 9:31pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from barralad
Can I add I cannot remember McKeown having to make a proper save prior to the goal....

Neither can I; but Toto frightened me a couple of times!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
Madeleymariner
November 15, 2014, 10:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,051
Gold Stars: 49
The worst part about their goal was it was pure fluke (thats why defending a 1 goal lead is always risky) ball is crossed defender and striker miss the header at the near post, ball drops and hits player not expecting it to come through on the top of the side of his thigh and trickles into the far corner with the keeper wrong footed.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
MyDogsThoughts
November 15, 2014, 10:18pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Madeleymariner
The worst part about their goal was it was pure fluke (thats why defending a 1 goal lead is always risky) ball is crossed defender and striker miss the header at the near post, ball drops and hits player not expecting it to come through on the top of the side of his thigh and trickles into the far corner with the keeper wrong footed.  

Yes, I agree, but it had been coming: we were defending too deep and just kept giving the ball away when we could have slowed everything down, or even (God forbid) gone for a second goal!

Instead the team seemed rudderless and did not know what the plan was or how to play to whatever plan there was.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
Madeleymariner
November 15, 2014, 10:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,051
Gold Stars: 49
We played too narrow at the end as our full backs seemed tucked in which meant Alty were able to get down the flanks to crossing positions neither full back knew wether to stick or twist and both wingers were always too deep chasing there wingers meaning when we did get possession there was only ever LJL to hoof it to. Thought Pell was really poor today, for a big lad he doesn't win enough headers and is too easily pushed off the ball. All 3 of our starting midfielders dawdled with the ball and were taking far too many touches in the first half and invariably were closed down and lost possesion. First 2 pieces of quick one touch passing (in a mainly forward direction) led to an offside goal and then a superb save from their keeper. We should kill teams like these once we have a lead and they start to push up and attack but we just drop further and further back and hope.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just got back....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.