MuddyWaters
October 9, 2014, 12:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,240
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from 3610
Now I am not saying hurst should stay, as I am undecided myself- but those that are so vocal in waiting change here are two questions.

1- who would you replace hurst with that you would be very confident in bringing an upturn in results

2- how realistic do you actually think this would be

I am seriously struggling to think of any realistic targets which I would be very confident in bringing better results with our squad.

Of course there's no definitive answer which is why you've asked the question. My question to you is this: How long does our custodian/major shareholder/bankroller/GYFR/Mr Fenty put up with a situation where he's seen gate receipts reduce by 10 grand (approx.) in a week?
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 66
MeanwoodMariner
October 9, 2014, 12:57pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from arryarryarry

I really despair at posts like this. It is not up to the fans to find a replacement that would be down to the Board, and that would be influenced by who applied or wanted the post.

The failure to beat three of the poorest sides in this league must be down to either poor management or poor players I will let you decide on that one. Yes there are always daft results here and their but three on the trot must be down to the way the team is run.

Really? You despair at someone trying to think of suitable replacements?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 66
denni266
October 9, 2014, 12:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from 3610

Haven't logged on for ages and haven't got the time to trawl through all the well thought out posts like your one.

Thank you very much  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 66
arryarryarry
October 9, 2014, 1:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

Duh no, at the daft question to the fans as if it is our responsibility, like I said it will be up to the board and whoever applies if ever they remove Hurst.

Or is that just a bit too difficult for you to grasp?
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 66
MuddyWaters
October 9, 2014, 1:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,240
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

Given his track record, I despair at who is going to look at suitable replacements.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 66
jimgtfc
October 9, 2014, 1:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,086
Gold Stars: 45
I want Hurst out but these are questions I'm struggling to answer. I guess I only want a change of manager out of a desperation for a turn around in our fortunes.

The only names that come to my mind is Steve Burr and even that doesn't inspire me too much.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 66
cmackenzie4
October 9, 2014, 1:19pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from jimgtfc
I want Hurst out but these are questions I'm struggling to answer. I guess I only want a change of manager out of a desperation for a turn around in our fortunes.The only names that come to my mind is Steve Burr and even that doesn't inspire me too much.

I think you have hit the nail on the head there Jim.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 66
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 9, 2014, 1:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
I just can't honestly believe that hursts wages are the reported £50k a year.

If that includes bonus' fine, otherwise it's totally ridiculous

And totally surprised no one has mentioned rob jones as the next manager

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 66
FishOutOfWater
October 9, 2014, 1:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from 3610
Now I am not saying hurst should stay, as I am undecided myself- but those that are so vocal in waiting change here are two questions.

1- who would you replace hurst with that you would be very confident in bringing an upturn in results

2- how realistic do you actually think this would be

I am seriously struggling to think of any realistic targets which I would be very confident in bringing better results with our squad.

One thing is for sure, Russell Slade won't be in the running this time around

On a more serious note though, just who is out there that might fancy it? Weren't Hurst and Scott about fifth choice last time because nobody else could be enticed to come in after Woods' exit?

I think someone who's been there and done it with other similar clubs should be the priority but are there any free agents right now?

If we were to have to pay Hurst off and then on top of that pay compensation to someone else to tempt them away from their current club(s) how would that impact on the old war chest come the transfer window?

I really am at a loss to make any suggestions because we're caught between a rock and a hard place imho

Maybe someone like Barraclough who Scunny turfed out could be interested? He wasn't the world's worst when he left there - not sure how he's done in Ireland of late but think he'll have matured a bit and could be tempted?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 66
jimgtfc
October 9, 2014, 1:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,086
Gold Stars: 45
Out of interest does anyone think Chris Doig could make a good manager for us? Played many games in this league so knows all the playing styles, tactics of clubs and players. He's also played a lot of games at championship level under some experienced managers. He also knows our squad inside out and may have a few different ideas.

Just a thought anyway.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Two questions for those that want change

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.