Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Two questions for those that want change
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 297 Guests

Two questions for those that want change

This thread currently has 6,819 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
October 9, 2014, 12:04pm
Guest User
Now I am not saying hurst should stay, as I am undecided myself- but those that are so vocal in waiting change here are two questions.

1- who would you replace hurst with that you would be very confident in bringing an upturn in results

2- how realistic do you actually think this would be

I am seriously struggling to think of any realistic targets which I would be very confident in bringing better results with our squad.
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 9, 2014, 12:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
1. The California raisins

2. Not very

Sorry for the sarcasm. I've given up

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 66
grimsby pete
October 9, 2014, 12:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
1. I don't know

2. I don't know

BUT

Until we improve I will carry on moaning.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 66
denni266
October 9, 2014, 12:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +635
Gold Stars: 129
How many times has this bee asked.
1 yes he should go
2 Ronald Mcdonald would do a better job than hurst
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 66
psgmariner
October 9, 2014, 12:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
1) Brian Law or Steve Burr
2) Impossible to quantify but I would be more confident than now.

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 66
October 9, 2014, 12:30pm
Guest User
Quoted from denni266
How many times has this bee asked.
1 yes he should go
2 Ronald Mcdonald would do a better job than hurst

Haven't logged on for ages and haven't got the time to trawl through all the well thought out posts like your one.

Reply: 5 - 66
TownSNAFU5
October 9, 2014, 12:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
There seems to be widespread support amongst fans that there is little hope now for a big improvement in performances and results this season. That is a very damming position to be in.

Not being able to identify a potential good manager to bring in does not prevent the Club from parting company with the manager now.  You never know who would apply until you try.

The fans are staying away for their own individual reasons. The need for change is about reaching tipping point on a number of levels. The increase in pressure for better results might well lead to "failure" anyway, even if we do not reach the play-offs this season.    

The fans' voices cannot be ignored in the long-term.  Unless at Newcastle.

I can see this season being one where we just miss out on the play-offs.  There is a lot of competition from good teams for the 4 places.  

The long-term planning for the following season might just have to start  this month.  A new manager might be best.  Hurst has made too many bad decisions, has has also acted later than he should have done or not at all.   (The lack of good, fit strikers scoring goals being a main one).  Ironically, the midfield has been poor for about 12 years.  This year we have a much stronger midfield.          

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 66
October 9, 2014, 12:31pm
Guest User
Quoted from psgmariner
1) Brian Law or Steve Burr
2) Impossible to quantify but I would be more confident than now.

Burr is the only one I could think of myself.
Reply: 7 - 66
arryarryarry
October 9, 2014, 12:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from 3610
Now I am not saying hurst should stay, as I am undecided myself- but those that are so vocal in waiting change here are two questions.

1- who would you replace hurst with that you would be very confident in bringing an upturn in results

2- how realistic do you actually think this would be

I am seriously struggling to think of any realistic targets which I would be very confident in bringing better results with our squad.

I really despair at posts like this. It is not up to the fans to find a replacement that would be down to the Board, and that would be influenced by who applied or wanted the post.

The failure to beat three of the poorest sides in this league must be down to either poor management or poor players I will let you decide on that one. Yes there are always daft results here and their but three on the trot must be down to the way the team is run.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 66
Garth
October 9, 2014, 12:39pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
1) Difficult to answer, but looking through the applications received there must be someone who would be a risk worth taking IMO

2) You would not know how realistic it would be until it happened, ( He who dares wins )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 66
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Two questions for those that want change

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.