8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Bignic69
September 14, 2014, 8:43am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
What does he actually offer? A lot of people say he's our natural goal scorer, on what evidence? A handful of sidefoot finishes and some penalties?
For me he brings very little to the table, lacks strength, intelligence, pace and probably the biggest one for me is his aggression of which he has very little of, i'm not talking squaring up to oppos or kicking lumps out of people but just running hard and having the desire to get there before the defender.

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
jimgtfc
September 14, 2014, 8:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 44
I couldn't agree more, offered nothing yesterday. People keep banging on about starting Ross, why? He's always offside, showed no composure at all yesterday and fluffed his lines twice.

After the game a bloke in the bar offered a suggestion which I laughed off at first but actually the more I thought about it the more it made sense... Try (if we can) to bring in 2 or even 3 loan strikers and then loan Hannah out for a month or 2. Let him get some games, hopefully bag a few goals and return an improved player. Our only problem will be who we can bring in...

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 78
RoboCod
September 14, 2014, 8:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Hannah was always at his best with Neilson behind him though, in that respect Ross has been unlucky to not get a decent run in recent weeks while Neilson was on fire. Yesterday due to extraordinary striker injury misfortune he got a chance but apparently Scott had a forgettable game.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 78
Bignic69
September 14, 2014, 9:09am
Snakebite drinker
I do understand partnerships on the pitch are vital and i agree that ross has probably played his best football for us with scott up his bottom but that has only been on a handful of occasions.
This doesn't change the sort of player he is for the majority of the time and i don't quite understand why people seem to tolerate his lacklustre performances which there are genuinely more of.

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 78
Tom13
September 14, 2014, 9:11am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from Bignic69
I do understand partnerships on the pitch are vital and i agree that ross has probably played his best football for us with scott up his bottom but that has only been on a handful of occasions.
This doesn't change the sort of player he is for the majority of the time and i don't quite understand why people seem to tolerate his lacklustre performances which there are genuinely more of.

Did he not have Neilson behind him for most of last season as well? He was no better than any of the forwards we let go at the end of the season today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 78
barralad
September 14, 2014, 9:13am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
It is very unfair to say that he doesn't put the effort in and his misses yesterday could, quite conceivably be down to lack of match practice. Where I think he is sadly lacking is in his awareness of things around him-hence his repeated off-sides.
As for side footed goals I'd have settled for them coming off his backside yesterday!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 78
Bignic69
September 14, 2014, 9:14am
Snakebite drinker
I meant he has only performed well with neilson a few times.
It doesnt read right does it  

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 78
Bignic69
September 14, 2014, 9:22am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from barralad
It is very unfair to say that he doesn't put the effort in and his misses yesterday could, quite conceivably be down to lack of match practice. Where I think he is sadly lacking is in his awareness of things around him-hence his repeated off-sides.
As for side footed goals I'd have settled for them coming off his backside yesterday!

his effort is half arsed, he never runs hard, doesn't battle well and doesn't work hard enough for space which means he's marked easily or he strays offside.
As said previously, i don't understand why people tolerate it from Ross Hannah? They brush it off as he's not match fit or Scott Neilson isn't playing well so thats why Ross isn't? WTF?

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 78
grimsby pete
September 14, 2014, 10:14am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
We could loan Ross out to a lower league club to get some confidence ,

Somewhere like Boston,

Oh just a minute, they have got 2 strikers scoring goals,

He will never get a game there either.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 78
pontoonlew
September 14, 2014, 10:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,994
Gold Stars: 171
I've always called for Hannah to start but he was absolutely dreadful. I still believe a lot of it is that Hurst had drained his confidence over the past year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 78
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ross Hannah

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.