This thread currently has 10,902 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Helgy
September 10, 2014, 6:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Thought we had the 1st half gave us too much room, could have been game over but for the penalty miss.
2nd half your manager clearly changed things pressed us more and denied us space.
Little midfielder impressed me went on a few runs seemed to skip round people with ease.
Thought is was a good derby atmosphere ,Bristol Rovers Saturday after that back to 29 away fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 76
cmackenzie4
September 10, 2014, 6:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
That midfielder would be Brown, our best signing of the season for me!

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 76
arryarryarry
September 10, 2014, 7:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from AndyGTFC
Disappointing, a draw would've been a fair result but we move on. Think they're better than in recent years but they're still not anything special. We're usually reliable defensively but weren't last night and that cost us the game.

We were lucky to go in level at the break, they were up for it more than us and could've been 2 or 3 up but it was a great finish from Disley just before HT. In the second half, they didn't do too much other than their goals. Bignot gave away a really daft penalty and then we defended a corner really poorly for their winner.      

Also, a lot of people seem to have missed the linesman putting his flag up during LJL's lob. Wouldn't have counted anyway.

Incorrect I'm afraid the linesman clearly signalled he was onside by running down the pitch with his flag clearly pointing to the floor, he then signalled a goal kick, as confirmed on the highlights.

Private Message
Reply: 52 - 76
pontoonlew
September 10, 2014, 7:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,996
Gold Stars: 171
Lob is being kind too, it was a flipping awful finish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 76
ackomariner
September 10, 2014, 7:12pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from pontoonlew

I'm saying nowt  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 76
pontoonlew
September 10, 2014, 7:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,996
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from ackomariner

I'm saying nowt  

I'd say the same thing if any player did that. Through on goal, sits up on the volley nicely for you and of all the things to do you decide that one is the best idea. That goes in, we win the game, fine margins.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 76
TownSNAFU5
September 10, 2014, 7:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
The point about the first half was that we "should" have been behind by at least a couple of goals.  We were very fortunate to go in at 1-1.  RH thought that we should reasonably have been 4 goals down, which is stretching it a bit.

The wider issue is that a team who have lost their last 3 games were dominant.  If we play like that in future games in the first half then we are likely to be chasing a lost cause. What we did in the second half is not the point.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 76
AndyGTFC
September 10, 2014, 7:52pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from arryarryarry

Incorrect I'm afraid the linesman clearly signalled he was onside by running down the pitch with his flag clearly pointing to the floor, he then signalled a goal kick, as confirmed on the highlights.

Ah, fair enough. I stand corrected. Was an awful finish then  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 76
TAGG
September 10, 2014, 8:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from barralad

I can see some of where you are coming from but Lincoln offer a different proposition to most of the teams we play with their aerial bombardment which surely merits some consideration. Disley offers more defensively than Paddy

For "aerial bombardment" to me it would stand to reason to play two up front to put more pressure on there CBs so they cant bomb them over the top so much but no it seem like Hurst thinks it best to pack the midfield so they can all watch the ball flying over there heads all game.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 76
barralad
September 10, 2014, 10:36pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from pontoonlew

It was worse than awful. I don't think he knew what he wanted to do with it. It just needed a cool head-Neilson or The Pope would have stuck it away without a problem.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back to car

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.