6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
August 25, 2014, 7:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Fair enough. Most fans are balanced and will be critical when we're underachieving and celebratory when we're firing. I suppose it is a bit of a plea for the reasonable, intelligent and long suffering; many of whom have been justifiably critical when it called for it and not negative, premature or obsessive. Those people will now enjoy discussing all of the positive aspects of our play now I'm sure. You're right though - there has been some overreaction to results both great and frustrating. I hope we can find some togetherness now.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 58
codcheeky
August 25, 2014, 8:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from chaos33
Look there's no need. It's not funny. That point was made last game. Why not just delete it and we can all be positive and celebratory?

The bile and relentless negativity from some on here who seem happy to try and destroy a young players like Clay`s confidence( a lot before they had even seen him play) are perhaps unhappy that they are starting to be proved shortsighted and wrong and should not be too disappointed when some of their quotes are coming back to haunt them.

Whatever they thought to achieve by trying to get the manager, who has just made 6 new signings and had 3 influential players suspended sacked after 3 games are living in a premier league hype world. To support the team is to get behind them through thick and thin, I do not doubt the same moaners will be out again after a couple of poor results, we have a good team for this level and are unbeaten, this could be a magical season with so many players already scoring and the strongest squad for along time, lets get behind the team and put all the negativity behind us.
UTM
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 58
chaos33
August 25, 2014, 8:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Yep ok. Indisputable points, but would just prefer to do without the counterproductive and tedious quarrelling, 'I told you so's' and so on. Maybe I'll just shut up and skip those threads. The obsessive, negative moaners are an irritation, but I don't consider those discussions helpful, entertaining or informative whether we're winning/playing well or not.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 58
LongEatonMariner
August 25, 2014, 9:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from chaos33
Yep ok. Indisputable points, but would just prefer to do without the counterproductive and tedious quarrelling, 'I told you so's' and so on. Maybe I'll just shut up and skip those threads. The obsessive, negative moaners are an irritation, but I don't consider those discussions helpful, entertaining or informative whether we're winning/playing well or not.

Cricket just light hearted, didn't mean to upset you. Forgiven? X
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 58
KingstonMariner
August 25, 2014, 10:00pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from codcheeky

The bile and relentless negativity from some on here who seem happy to try and destroy a young players like Clay`s confidence( a lot before they had even seen him play) are perhaps unhappy that they are starting to be proved shortsighted and wrong and should not be too disappointed when some of their quotes are coming back to haunt them.

Whatever they thought to achieve by trying to get the manager, who has just made 6 new signings and had 3 influential players suspended sacked after 3 games are living in a premier league hype world. To support the team is to get behind them through thick and thin, I do not doubt the same moaners will be out again after a couple of poor results, we have a good team for this level and are unbeaten, this could be a magical season with so many players already scoring and the strongest squad for along time, lets get behind the team and put all the negativity behind us.
UTM

Long Eaton's joke was fair enough, but your post is just ballcocks. How many times have people pointed out it wasn't based on a track record of 3 games.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 58
KingstonMariner
August 25, 2014, 10:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
PS and I don't think anyone was trying to destroy anyone's confidence. Just because folk take a different view from you doesn't mean they are vile people.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 58
Marinerz93
August 25, 2014, 10:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
The negative criticism that PH and the players received regardless if some believed it was justified or by some who believed it wasn't, that debate was read by PH, JF and the players.

The relentless pressing of the opposition and other criticisms have been addressed.  So regardless of what camp you were in at the time of the debate, you can not deny that it has had a profound effect on performances.  The players have stepped up and earned credibility.

Some of those negative comments were born out of pure frustration and watching boring football. Gloating will only fuel any slip ups and we'll see the same arguments, we are not out of this league yet!

You are only as good as your last game and we were bloody fantastic, lets focus on that.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 58
chaos33
August 25, 2014, 10:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Absolutely spot on.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 58
poomehellt
August 25, 2014, 10:28pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: +44
Lets face it, 7-0 against a poor bottom of the table 10-man side just doesn't cut it. Nor does being unbeaten in 5. We only drew our first 3 matches FFS, despite injuries and suspentions.

We conceded at home against part-time Dover. SACK HURST NOW FENTY!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 58
headingly_mariner
August 25, 2014, 11:44pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Marinerz93
The negative criticism that PH and the players received regardless if some believed it was justified or by some who believed it wasn't, that debate was read by PH, JF and the players.

The relentless pressing of the opposition and other criticisms have been addressed.  So regardless of what camp you were in at the time of the debate, you can not deny that it has had a profound effect on performances.  The players have stepped up and earned credibility.

Some of those negative comments were born out of pure frustration and watching boring football. Gloating will only fuel any slip ups and we'll see the same arguments, we are not out of this league yet!

You are only as good as your last game and we were bloody fantastic, lets focus on that.

Are you trying to suggest that those ridiculous threads have in some way been responsible for our upturn in fortune?

I imagine having more attacking options fit was the reason for our goal flurry.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sack Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.