Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln - SOLD OUT ....... and no further tickets!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 149 Guests

Lincoln - SOLD OUT ....... and no further tickets!

This thread currently has 8,686 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Citymariner
December 13, 2012, 10:22am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +27
Quoted from Sconeboy
hahaaa! Long time no see Josh, you at Lincoln I assume?

I am indeed! Sconeboy - who art thou?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 70 - 92
Citymariner
December 13, 2012, 10:25am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +27
Quoted from flash1
think its plainly obvious now lincoln have said no more tickets that Town fans without tkts for the game will  just go into the home end in their hundreds,might be woth lincoln having a re think!

You're right Flash, unless they all ask for the same area of the ground which would be hilarious if they decide to celebrate!

Lincoln have got an option, don't give more tickets and end up with possibly hundreds of Town fans dotted all over the ground with the potential of it causing offence and trouble or they give us more tickets so they can police the situation easier.

I just hope they open more turnstiles than they did for the trophy game. One does not like to queue!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 71 - 92
Dan
December 13, 2012, 10:32am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Well, it's a bit annoying for us exiles as boxing day is one of the few times a year we all get back together to watch a game. Infact it's the only time of the year. The population of Grimsby must swell by several thousand over christmas, it'd be loads better if we had a home game. felicitations sake.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 92
grimsby pete
December 13, 2012, 10:33am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from lukeo
You'll be able to celebrate the goal because hardly any lincoln fans go in there and the one's that do all seem like OAP's or just normal people.  

Are you saying us OAP'S are not normal Lukeo ?  

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 92
grimps
December 13, 2012, 11:05am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,188
Gold Stars: 48
Ive gone in the home end a few times watching town away and never really had any bother .There was loads of us went in the home end at QPR in a midweek cup game about 92 time and we made it clear where we was from.also did the same against Scarborough in the late 80s.

Me and a mate went in the massive old Wolves home end when town was doing well years ago.I think it was the time when we had Dave Beasants in goal for us and town sold all the tickets for the away end .I could see a couple of my mates in the town end the other side of the fence ,They was shouting at me all game and I had to pretend I didnt know them  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 92
Sconeboy
December 13, 2012, 11:17am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Citymariner

I am indeed! Sconeboy - who art thou?

Sent you a Fb message!

<*(((((>< G T F C ><(((((*>
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 92
vikingimp
December 13, 2012, 11:46am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Have to agree - having had years of moaning about the tight financial situation at the club and then having the opportunity to fill the ground and have a proper atmosphere...........who is it that makes these decisions??? Happy Xmas to all you Black & Whites  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 92
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 13, 2012, 12:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,789
Gold Stars: 82
As I said on previous topic I will be in home end with another 4 town fans. My mate who is Lincoln fan will get tickets. I know most of the older guys in the LTE so no doubt will take some flak if I see them but life is too short to miss this match... anyway I am now getting to an age where I am too old to both with. Remember the 71/72 game with half-tim epitch invasion by twon fans with the resulting injuries to poor old Bonzo's backside, but I was 16 then.

Will be well behaved and hopefully smirk my way through the game as win another 3 points
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 92
wycombemariner
December 13, 2012, 12:57pm
UTM
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: -56
Quoted from marinerian
I did Cheltenham on a Friday night not long before we played the Toon as well.

The Gary Cohen Goal, when he ran from the halfway line - or was it Calvin Andrew?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 92
Marinerz93
December 13, 2012, 2:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Citymariner
I had to go in with the Barnet fans when we played (and beat) them before going to Burton.

I did get quizzed quite a bit by the steward but managed to say I was a Gainsborough fan and as our season had finished this was an interesting game to go to.

I didn't celebrate the first goal, it was pretty cool to see the other three stands, packed to the rafters, erupt.

Couldn't hold it in for the second though and got put in the Main stand a long with most of the row I was sat with that were giving me the 'you aren't Barnet' look throughout the match haha!

Funniest part is that I ended up being on the BBC Barnet news with my hand across my face with the caption 'Nervy Times of Barnet'. The hand was there because I was smiling as Town had recently scored.  

I ousted you first Josh  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 92
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln - SOLD OUT ....... and no further tickets!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.