Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln - SOLD OUT ....... and no further tickets!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 141 Guests

Lincoln - SOLD OUT ....... and no further tickets!

This thread currently has 8,685 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
December 12, 2012, 11:12pm
Guest User
Quoted from lukeo
if you are going in the home end to just be genuine and support Grimsby then go in the small stand behind the goal? You'll be able to celebrate the goal because hardly any lincoln fans go in there and the one's that do all seem like OAP's or just normal people. All the trouble would be behind the goal and the stand we are sharing if Town go in there, stay out of the home end of those and you'd be fine

Luke good luck town i might venture in the home end, just to be at the match but trust me GTFC need a hard look at how they give tickets out for away games i agree with ST first but my next door neighbour got 12 tickets for 1 season ticket yet people like me miss out as i have not missed a game since Hyde away ?? good policy ! fair play to ST holders take advantage but ... shame on the club
Reply: 60 - 92
lukeo
December 12, 2012, 11:15pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
you'd have thought ST holders would have sorted out the lads they sit near who are there every week? either way, however the club does it, there will always be someone unhappy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 92
December 12, 2012, 11:19pm
Guest User
Quoted from lukeo
you'd have thought ST holders would have sorted out the lads they sit near who are there every week? either way, however the club does it, there will always be someone unhappy.

Agreed but think a different way how many ( and i know you used to go every week Luke) going to Lincoln have their Ebbsfleet ticket still or where at Hyde .. ? not many i guess it's a shame i will be at Lincoln regardless as under the football ground act they can not remove any fan without them causing an offence but a big shame never the less !

Anyway hope work is going ok pal  
Reply: 62 - 92
marinerian
December 12, 2012, 11:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
I had no sympathy when I nearly didn't get a Newcastle ticket. I hadn't missed a home game in yonks and went to most away games.....I did Cheltenham on a Friday night not long before we played the Toon as well.

We will get more tickets I am sure, as police will not want Town fans wondering around outside or at the Top of the city for various reasons.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 92
grimps
December 13, 2012, 12:58am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,188
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from SlouchyMetal

good luck with being thrown out and no refund being offered

And how would they know your from Grimsby ?
anyway theres no law against it,as long as your not daft i expect there will be loads in there end  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 92
Citymariner
December 13, 2012, 10:05am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +27
I had to go in with the Barnet fans when we played (and beat) them before going to Burton.

I did get quizzed quite a bit by the steward but managed to say I was a Gainsborough fan and as our season had finished this was an interesting game to go to.

I didn't celebrate the first goal, it was pretty cool to see the other three stands, packed to the rafters, erupt.

Couldn't hold it in for the second though and got put in the Main stand a long with most of the row I was sat with that were giving me the 'you aren't Barnet' look throughout the match haha!

Funniest part is that I ended up being on the BBC Barnet news with my hand across my face with the caption 'Nervy Times of Barnet'. The hand was there because I was smiling as Town had recently scored.  
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 65 - 92
Sconeboy
December 13, 2012, 10:07am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Citymariner
I had to go in with the Barnet fans when we played (and beat) them before going to Burton.

I did get quizzed quite a bit by the steward but managed to say I was a Gainsborough fan and as our season had finished this was an interesting game to go to.

I didn't celebrate the first goal, it was pretty cool to see the other three stands, packed to the rafters, erupted.

Couldn't hold it in for the second though and got put in the Main stand a long with most of the row I was sat with that were giving me the 'you aren't Barnet' look throughout the match haha!

Fi=unniest part is that I ended up being on the BBC Barnet news with my hand across my face with the caption 'Nervy Times of Barnet'. The hand was there because I was smiling as Town had recently scored.  

This was priceless  

<*(((((>< G T F C ><(((((*>
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 92
Citymariner
December 13, 2012, 10:19am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +27
[IMG]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/joshualane/30813_424111020588_2963475_n.jpg[/IMG]

Oh and the chap in front had come with the directors but liked sitting in the stand. He took me under his wing and told me all about the plight of Barnet as well as Grimby's season.
He was rather shocked when I got up and walked into the Main stand. I did apologise mind.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 67 - 92
Sconeboy
December 13, 2012, 10:20am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 2
hahaaa! Long time no see Josh, you at Lincoln I assume?

<*(((((>< G T F C ><(((((*>
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 92
flash1
December 13, 2012, 10:22am
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
think its plainly obvious now lincoln have said no more tickets that Town fans without tkts for the game will  just go into the home end in their hundreds,might be woth lincoln having a re think!

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 92
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln - SOLD OUT ....... and no further tickets!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.