12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
sonik
November 8, 2012, 6:26pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Great meeting last night. ( AGM ) Please folks. These people involved with the Trust are doing the best they can for the benefit of our football club. I as a member was pleasantly suprised with the progession that these very committed people are achieving.  They are working tremendously hard for the cause as I could see last night.  With very little thanks too! reading this board or the Apathy amongst the general Town fan. That's the way I see it.

Well done to Chris Parker ( Chairman ) and his team.

If you want a say?  Join the MARINERS TRUST!  Simple.   UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 118
GodHelpUs
November 8, 2012, 6:57pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Quoted from sonik
Great meeting last night. ( AGM ) Please folks. These people involved with the Trust are doing the best they can for the benefit of our football club. I as a member was pleasantly suprised with the progession that these very committed people are achieving.  They are working tremendously hard for the cause as I could see last night.  With very little thanks too! reading this board or the Apathy amongst the general Town fan. That's the way I see it.

With all respect Sonik (and I'm sure you're a thoroughly decent bloke) you're not exactly impartial, are you? Likewise I'm sure the Trust Board are thoroughly decent but your brother being a seasoned and successful businessman pulled a fast one quite frankly....a supporters' trust should not, under any circumstances gift 200,00 shares to a private individual! Simple!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 118
sonik
November 8, 2012, 8:32pm

Cocktail Drinker

Quoted from sonik

With all respect Sonik (and I'm sure you're a thoroughly decent bloke) you're not exactly impartial, are you? Likewise I'm sure the Trust Board are thoroughly decent but your brother being a seasoned and successful businessman pulled a fast one quite frankly....a supporters' trust should not, under any circumstances gift 200,00 shares to a private individual! Simple!!

Yes I am actually.

Private Message
Reply: 92 - 118
Chris
November 8, 2012, 10:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
I'm sure Chris Parker will be embarrassed about sonik describing the trust board as his team too! Chris is part of a group, he has no more of a say than any of the others. He is there to represent and communicate the wishes of the board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 118
sonik
November 8, 2012, 10:34pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Chris
I'm sure Chris Parker will be embarrassed about sonik describing the trust board as his team too! Chris is part of a group, he has no more of a say than any of the others. He is there to represent and communicate the wishes of the board.

Very picky I think.  Thanks for that Chris!

Private Message
Reply: 94 - 118
STB
November 9, 2012, 8:37am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from Chris

To be fair to Chris Parker, he does know what he's on about compared to most.  

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 118
Garth
November 9, 2012, 9:10am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,937
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from STB

To be fair to Chris Parker, he does know what he's on about compared to most.  

Do you need a bigger spoon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 118
forza ivano
November 9, 2012, 9:22am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,302
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

No members of the Trust Board are willing to take advantage of any directors advantages at a match day and have said this since any mention of a seat on the Board came about. I can't speak for any other Trust Board member but in my opinion we are just fans like everyone else and thats all we will be. All we want to do is try and make a difference, Id do what ever for the Trust whether I was on the Board or not, it seems there is just isn't enough people with the time to do it or have the typical 'someone else will do it' attitude. I know the idea of a Trust doesn't float everyones boat but together we can achieve much.

think you've misread my post wrawbz - please read it again carefully and you'll see my sarcasm was directed at the club's directors ,not at the Trust's Board.

still don't think anyone's answered my point as to whether all the other directors will be expected to raise a certain amount of money for the club each year in order to retain their place.

still don't think anyone's answered my question as to why for individuals to get on the board they have to put in £50k but for the trust the 'rules' have been changed so that they have to give £30K pa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 118
STB
November 9, 2012, 9:23am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from Garth

Do you need a bigger spoon

No but I wouldn't say no to a bigger phallus  

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 118
grimsby pete
November 9, 2012, 9:46am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 222
Why don't the trust keep the 1st £30'000 in the bank,

Then next year thay will have the £50,000 guarantee ( I think thats all it is , a guarantee )

That a director makes to become a member of the board,

It would be a very sad day if the board turn that offer down,

They will then have full voting rights and could still raise money on behalf of the club.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariner's Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.