12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariners Trust
November 4, 2012, 10:05pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +87
Quoted from BlackBoots

Don't know what the old GTST raised but a representative of the Mariners Trust  told me they are well on target to reach the £30k, provided they can increase the membership to 750 and beyond.

My guess is the bars, the monthly draw thingy, Buckley and mcMenemy nights and membership fees all contribute a fair few quid

It will not be easy but we think it is very achievable if the fans support events, pay their membership fees and actually see that their money is making a difference to the club and giving them a voice.

Co-incidentaly there are still a few tickets left for the McMenemy evening.

Comedian, a GTFC legend who has spent a lifetime involved in Pro football, a meal, good company and help towards maintaining the Youth set up. Not bad at £20 for members
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 118
80sglory
November 4, 2012, 10:06pm
Guest User
Question: What is the point of a seat on the board in terms of what isn't able to be achieved at the moment ?

I'd also be interested to know why 30K needs to be handed over in order for fans/members to have a voice.
Understand there must be reasons but surely the idea was to use cash to improve things for supporters ? (though I accept some will consider a place on the board will do just that).

Tbf the trust have already made some good improvements on behalf of fans even if personally, I haven't used the benefits.
For this reason + not attending e.g. those superb AB evenings I'm not sure it's PERSONALLY been value for money (or any real value) for ME.

All these catchphrases sound great but what does it all mean in real terms ?
Reply: 11 - 118
TownSNAFU5
November 4, 2012, 10:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,935
Gold Stars: 42
Absolutely agree with the views of  "My Dogs Thoughts" above.  I have been a Trust member since the very beginning.  (I don't live in the Grimsby area either).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 118
aldi_01
November 4, 2012, 10:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.01
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think the questions worth asking have already been put forward.

If the seat is a full seat so to speak, voting rights and the like then it is certainly worth it and if enough was made of it then they could gain more members from that alone. I do think 30k a year is a high amount and could it seriously be achievable every year? What would happen if they fell short one year? Would the trust members get to nominate and vote etc for the person to take up the seat?

500 members is also still a small number of members given the club has around 1500 'die hards'. Not a dig but merely an observation that clearly the majority of the fans don't want to be a member or won't i suppose.
Is gaining another 250 minimum realistic too?

It would be a huge step forward for the club and the fans but I'm sure we all agree that there are clearly questions that need to be answered and hopefully they will be.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 118
Southwark Mariner
November 4, 2012, 10:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,582
Gold Stars: 84
I read that 70% of £120,000 had been raised for the youth team. I'd be very interested to know how as that seems a huge amount
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 118
Drinkells Boot
November 4, 2012, 10:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -1
Why is it such a low figure? I thought Fenty had previously said it would cost 300k?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 118
GodHelpUs
November 4, 2012, 11:03pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Given the fact that Fenty was "gifted" £200,000 worth of shares I dare say he (I'm sorry, I mean "the board") has made a decision to change the articles of association. Very good of him (them)!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 118
Dan
November 4, 2012, 11:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
All seems very positive, good work and best of luck.

By the way, will subscriptions be renewed automatically? I have no idea when it's due for renewal and I've changed address Must be coming up to a year or so now since the relaunch?

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 118
gaz57
November 5, 2012, 12:14am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Do the present board members hand over 30K every year and if so is it loans?
The trust should be an equal member as the rest of the board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 118
nelly_gtfc
November 5, 2012, 12:37am
Guest User
Quoted from gaz57
Do the present board members hand over 30K every year and if so is it loans?
The trust should be an equal member as the rest of the board.
This is exactly what I thought, when I actually read the e-mails I received lol...
Reply: 19 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariner's Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.