Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariner's Trust
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 57 Guests

Mariner's Trust

This thread currently has 8,088 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
November 6, 2012, 4:02pm
Guest User
We are not talking about 'customers' here. At least not in the traditional sense.

I think the trust have been transparent enough in their approach, perhaps they could shout a little louder. In my opinion, all ardent Town fans should join up. It takes two minutes, costs pennies and by earning a seat on the Town board the fans could genuinely influence the direction of the club.

And for the 'cost effective fan', It'll pay for itself with cheap tickets for events such as the Alan Buckley evening or the forthcoming Lawrie Mac night.

Join up, you know it makes sense.  
Reply: 40 - 118
HarryHaddocks
November 6, 2012, 4:07pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Quoted from 75
We are not talking about 'customers' here. At least not in the traditional sense.

I think the trust have been transparent enough in their approach, perhaps they could shout a little louder. In my opinion, all ardent Town fans should join up. It takes two minutes, costs pennies and by earning a seat on the Town board the fans could genuinely influence the direction of the club.

And for the 'cost effective fan', It'll pay for itself with cheap tickets for events such as the Alan Buckley evening or the forthcoming Lawrie Mac night.

Join up, you know it makes sense.  

Hear bloody hear. BP Vicar post = nail on head.

Follow me on Twitter @Harryhaddocks
><(((((*>
#theonlywayishaddock #wewantharryback
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 118
Gary Haddock
November 6, 2012, 4:16pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from 1600

Fine to ask questions but this idea that it's up to the customer to "make an effort" isn't really living in the real world.

And it's all well and good saying "We now need the support of everyone to get behind this initiative" and "down to the fans to show they actually want boardroom representation.", but if you make a threadbare case it's hardly suprising if people aren't queing around the block to get involved or even ask questions.

Sorry but you'll rarely find companies who sell products blaming missing customers or even expecting them to run around in search of something they may be apathetic towards in the first place.

For the first bit: Customers know what they want, so companies do and have done asked and encouraged customers to get more involved in ways of like sites like this, FORUMS, so companies can get feedback into what customers think, want, and what will make them happy. Pretty basic in modern day reality really. No offense.

And as for "We now need the support of everyone to get behind this initiative" and "down to the fans to show they actually want boardroom representation." Makes perfect sense to me. I mean what's the point in the supporter's trust if, one, no one trust them? Two, the supporters aren't interested? If the SUPPORTERS that want such things to happen, then naturally they have to take action otherwise what's the point in the idea, if no one is willing to back it?

I would love to learn more about the trust and join it, but best to wait until I have a pernmanent job first (more secure job). Every little helps and all that.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 118
November 6, 2012, 4:21pm
Guest User
Quoted from Gary Haddock
I would love to learn more about the trust and join it, but best to wait until I have a pernmanent job first (more secure job). Every little helps and all that.

It's £15 a year mate. Come on, you can pay £15. I know you can!

Link below shows all membership options:

http://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/index.php/shop/category/12-mariners-trust-membership
Reply: 43 - 118
Gary Haddock
November 6, 2012, 4:23pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from 75

It's £15 a year mate. Come on, you can pay £15. I know you can!

Link below shows all membership options:

http://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/index.php/shop/category/12-mariners-trust-membership

Ah wow cool. In that case I will certainly join.  

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 118
Wrawby_Mariner
November 6, 2012, 4:24pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Gary Haddock

For the first bit: Customers know what they want, so companies do and have done asked and encouraged customers to get more involved in ways of like sites like this, FORUMS, so companies can get feedback into what customers think, want, and what will make them happy. Pretty basic in modern day reality really. No offense.

And as for "We now need the support of everyone to get behind this initiative" and "down to the fans to show they actually want boardroom representation." Makes perfect sense to me. I mean what's the point in the supporter's trust if, one, no one trust them? Two, the supporters aren't interested? If the SUPPORTERS that want such things to happen, then naturally they have to take action otherwise what's the point in the idea, if no one is willing to back it?

It's a pound a month Gary, 25p a week and as you said mate, every little helps.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 45 - 118
Cott_Mike
November 6, 2012, 4:27pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +14
I would just like someone to run the club without budgeting to lose 10k a week. Mr Fenty made clear that the bennet money saved us this year. Who set the budget John ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 118
November 6, 2012, 4:30pm
Guest User
Quoted from Cott_Mike
I would just like someone to run the club without budgeting to lose 10k a week. Mr Fenty made clear that the bennet money saved us this year. Who set the budget John ?

John Fenty is meeting the 10k a week loss, indirectly but he has stated his loan is benign.

If we had a playing budget - £520k then we would be a very poor side indeed but in answer to your question I am quite sure John would tell you the board set the budget.

At the end of the day, if we stripped 520k a year off the playing budget (almost half I reckon) then we wouldn't be getting the attendances we are getting now and we would have to cut even more.

We are having a right go at getting back in the league and acquiring that TV money again. It's that or fester in this God awful league.
Reply: 47 - 118
Paris Mariner
November 6, 2012, 4:36pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from HarryHaddocks
There is so much crap spouted on here about the Trust by so many who know so little and CHOOSE to remain in the dark (and some of you should know better.)  If you want specific answers to your questions man up and make the effort to talk to a Trust representative who attend every home game.   How hard can it be?

I was just trying to suggest an idea which I thought might help boost numbers more than anything. Also, as this is a Mariners Trust thread, I'd assume the matter would be read by the appropriate people and appreciated as a suggestion not a criticism.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 48 - 118
80sglory
November 6, 2012, 4:52pm
Guest User
It's deliciously ironic that you list in your (some might say patronising?) signature: Rule #1 - avoid sliding into self defeating comfort zones.

Not sure I see you exact point tbh.
To be clear that "rule" was mainly to do with attitudes towards team tactics.

Seek and ye shall find.

Fair enough a good point but it can work both ways too.

Quoted from Gary Haddock
And as for "We now need the support of everyone to get behind this initiative" and "down to the fans to show they actually want boardroom representation." Makes perfect sense to me. I mean what's the point in the supporter's trust if, one, no one trust them?

Well it's another issue but who said anything about "trust" ?

What I mean is yes, it's a great idea in principle but what are the plans and finer details about how it's all gonna work ?

-Will trust members get one vote each and will any final vote be equivalent to one full vote on the board ?
-Will individual members be able to put forward proposals or will that be down to the trust board members ?

That kind of thing...

Perhaps I'm being thick but I'd guess I'm not the only one who doesn't know all the ins and outs.
Surely the trust expected these kind of questions to crop up ?
All I'm saying is a few more details might go a long way but who knows.

Quoted from Cott_Mike

Funny you mention this actually cos as a trust member noticed they made another announcement vie e-mail.

Can't remember the full details (and tbh can't be arsed to look right now) but think it was something to do with sustainability and the point was made something like "If you have a low budget you're budgeting for failure" (or something like that...)

Thought it was a good enough point tbh.
Reply: 49 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariner's Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.