No Members and 85 Guests

Mariner's Trust

This thread currently has 8,091 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
November 6, 2012, 12:44am
Guest User
Quoted from moosey_club
and full responsibilities of all other directors....does that include a share of any club debts and if so would that fall onto trust members?

WTF ?!!  
I would seriously hope that's impossible and a no brainer.
Amongst other things I joined to help raise a few quid not be liable for any share of millions of pounds worth of debt !
Reply: 30 - 118
Paris Mariner
November 6, 2012, 9:50am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
It's about time the Trust set up a table in one of the club bars pre-match and allowe people to join n the spot paying in cash. That would boost membership because the paypal thing doesn't work for evreyone (i.e me) and it is simply less hassle this way.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 118
HarryHaddocks
November 6, 2012, 10:06am

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
There is so much crap spouted on here about the Trust by so many who know so little and CHOOSE to remain in the dark (and some of you should know better.)  If you want specific answers to your questions man up and make the effort to talk to a Trust representative who attend every home game.   How hard can it be?

Follow me on Twitter @Harryhaddocks
><(((((*>
#theonlywayishaddock #wewantharryback
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 118
moosey_club
November 6, 2012, 1:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,336
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from HarryHaddocks
There is so much crap spouted on here about the Trust by so many who know so little and CHOOSE to remain in the dark (and some of you should know better.)  If you want specific answers to your questions man up and make the effort to talk to a Trust representative who attend every home game.   How hard can it be?

Maybe people dont know them from Adam?
Not everyone knows who is and who isnt a trust member.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 118
HarryHaddocks
November 6, 2012, 1:31pm

Coke Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

Maybe people dont know them from Adam?
Not everyone knows who is and who isnt a trust member.

Why don't you contact them direct - they are not hiding.

Here's a link to all their email addresses:

http://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/index.php/contactus

In fact here - I'll copy and paste for you.

Name     Position      Email      Phone
Chris Parker      Chairman      ChrisParker@marinerstrust.co.uk      0870 4711 827
Dave Roberts      Secretary      DaveRoberts@marinerstrust.co.uk      0870 4711 827
Dan Humphrey      Board Member      DanHumphrey@marinerstrust.co.uk      0870 4711 827
Graham Precious      Board Member      grahamprecious@marinerstrust.co.uk      0870 4711 827
Ian Fitzgerald      Board Member      IanFitzgerald@marinerstrust.co.uk      0870 4711 827
Marc Reed      Board Member      MarcReed@marinerstrust.co.uk      0870 4711 827
Ian Townsend      Treasurer      IanTownsend@marinerstrust.co.uk      0870 4711 827
Jon Wood      Board Member      JonWood@marinerstrust.co.uk      0870 4711 827

><(((((*>
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 118
BIGChris
November 6, 2012, 1:42pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
The Trust AGM is on Wednesday evening at 6.30pm. (Trust bar Lower Findus)

Once the formalities are over we would be pleased to answer any questions from members and non members alike

If you can't make it e-mail questions or PM me and we will put together a Q&A to respond collectivly to avoid duplication
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 118
November 6, 2012, 2:06pm
Guest User
Chris, I do think Paris Mariner's idea to set up a table in the bar pre and post match would be a great idea. It would put a face to the names (I know most of you but not everyone does). I reckon you could get a few sign ups and edge towards that magical figure.

Maybe get amongst the crowd at half time and try and sell the trust? Or at least publicise the board's availability after the game.

I'm not one to suggest other people do things without offering to help myself. Not sure what I can do but if you want a hand setting up or anything, just ask.

Cheers
Reply: 36 - 118
grimps
November 6, 2012, 2:19pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,178
Gold Stars: 46
'Fit and proper person '
well thats us lot out then  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 118
80sglory
November 6, 2012, 3:16pm
Guest User
Quoted from HarryHaddocks

Tbf perhaps the trust should have thought ahead and also been more specific with what it all means before they decided to anounce it.

Fine to ask questions but this idea that it's up to the customer to "make an effort" isn't really living in the real world.

And it's all well and good saying "We now need the support of everyone to get behind this initiative" and "down to the fans to show they actually want boardroom representation.", but if you make a threadbare case it's hardly suprising if people aren't queing around the block to get involved or even ask questions.

Sorry but you'll rarely find companies who sell products blaming missing customers or even expecting them to run around in search of something they may be apathetic towards in the first place.

Especially when answers could be answered on here IMO  - so ok even as a member I admit I'm choosing not to fart around with e-mail or not bother giving up my half time break but equally the trust have seemingly decided not to answer questions on here.

As I've said before the trust have done some very good things on behalf of fans but got to be honest, when the statement reads "prove that we are a credible rganisation" then for me, it also sums up a general lack of sales skills.

So if it ends up in failure I'd suggest it won't ALL be the fault of those who weren't persuaded to get off their bottom but also those trying to sell the product (whatever it actually is).
Reply: 38 - 118
HarryHaddocks
November 6, 2012, 3:35pm

Coke Drinker
Quoted from 1600

so ok even as a member I admit I'm choosing not to fart around with e-mail or not bother giving up my half time break but equally the trust have seemingly decided not to answer questions on here.

So if it ends up in failure I'd suggest it won't ALL be the fault of those who weren't persuaded to get off their bottom but also those trying to sell the product (whatever it actually is).

It's deliciously ironic that you list in your (some might say patronising?) signature: Rule #1 - avoid sliding into self defeating comfort zones.

Stick to your own mantra dear boy, and encourage others to do the same.

Seek and ye shall find.

><(((((*>
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariner's Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.