barralad
November 9, 2012, 3:56pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Ipswin

Not at all Pete I am agreeing that 'compared to most', he is probably fairly bright - it's the quality of 'the most' I am concerned about

And I've always thought so highly of you...... . You must remind me when we met for you to have formed such an opinion of me.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 118
GodHelpUs
November 9, 2012, 4:05pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Quoted from arryarryarry

Isn't GTFC a limited company and therefore the directors are not liable for any debts or am I barking up a diseased ash.

Yes...it's a PLC.   Article 14 of the Articles of Association state that "a minimum sum to join the board should be equivalent to the average of the aggregate amount of the maximum contingent liabilities of the other directors".

So there we have it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 118
moosey_club
November 9, 2012, 4:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.69
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Ipswin

I'd rather not if it's all the same, you might vote to give Fenty my house or life savings to go with the shares you gave away

Right between the eyes !!

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 118
Wrawby_Mariner
November 9, 2012, 4:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Ipswin

I'd rather not if it's all the same, you might vote to give Fenty my house or life savings to go with the shares you gave away

Just read this and made me chuckle. Nothing really to add on this except instead of bealing about it now, you should have piped up at the time. An email or something expressing your concerns. Also, is your life savings or home something JF may be interested in?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 113 - 118
80sglory
November 9, 2012, 5:03pm
Guest User
Quoted from grimsby pete
Why don't the trust keep the 1st £30'000 in the bank,

Then next year thay will have the £50,000 guarantee ( I think thats all it is , a guarantee )

That a director makes to become a member of the board,

It would be a very sad day if the board turn that offer down,

They will then have full voting rights and could still raise money on behalf of the club.

True but whilst one off lump sum payments are great, isn't the bigger picture to make GTFC part "sustainable" ?

I'm not saying it's NECESSARILY right to hand over anything at all. (but don't really know the details so can't judge)
But if enough support/membership could be generated year on year (and let's be honest there's potential to get a LOT more signed up), then surely you'd have to consider it.
People can point the finger at JF and the trust all they like but what's the backup plan for the future of GTFC ?

Quoted from Super Clive
It's all well and good asking questions but I don't think the trust deserve the abuse they are getting...

No-one deserves abuse (sorry my apologies to you cod_gtfc !  ) but surely no-one can expect to be above any criticism ?
Not wanting to have a go at Chris Parker here I think he generally speaks a lot of very good sense, tbh I just wish he'd speak more often ! (and unblock me if poss) cos I get the impression fans are crying out for answers and re-assurances to their questions.
If this is the difference (also think we need more details on this one tbh) then may I suggest a hardhat or a thick skin ?
Isn't it high time we all dropped any paranoia, kissed, made up and started working together out in the open even if it's not always gonna be to everyones liking or necessarily all wanting to pull in the same direction ?
Fans are there to be convinced...

Blimey, the amount of time fans spend getting absolutely no-where arguing the toss on here makes you wonder what could happen if it was somehow actually productive !?
Reply: 114 - 118
Ipswin
November 9, 2012, 5:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

Just read this and made me chuckle. Nothing really to add on this except instead of bealing about it now, you should have piped up at the time. An email or something expressing your concerns. Also, is your life savings or home something JF may be interested in?

I 'bealed' extensively at the time but of course the late and very underhand offer of a possible seat on the Board in the future (which it now appears the Trust have to pay for) swayed it for many I suspect.

JF would be interested in the deposit on a pop bottle it it was a gift - lets put it like this, if I ever shook hands with him I would count my fingers afterwards

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 118
80sglory
November 9, 2012, 6:07pm
Guest User
Ipswin whether you're right or wrong perhaps you should at least consider that no-one can ever change events of the past.
Not managers, not players, not supporters, not the trust and not JF.
Reply: 116 - 118
sonik
November 9, 2012, 6:14pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Ipswin

I 'bealed' extensively at the time but of course the late and very underhand offer of a possible seat on the Board in the future (which it now appears the Trust have to pay for) swayed it for many I suspect.

JF would be interested in the deposit on a pop bottle it it was a gift - lets put it like this, if I ever shook hands with him I would count my fingers afterwards

You really are a nasty piece of work.  Try shaking his hand some day!!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 118
Ipswin
November 9, 2012, 8:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from sonik

You really are a nasty piece of work.  Try shaking his hand some day!!

I'll pass on that if you don't mind

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 118
12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariner's Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.