Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mark Clattenburg (Martin Pringle)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 52 Guests

Mark Clattenburg (Martin Pringle)

This thread currently has 8,609 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
biggles9999
October 29, 2012, 12:26pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
But you can 'win' fouls against you.

For example the foul by Jagielka (?) on Suarez, 1st half at the weekend.

Jagielka came charging out of the back line and Suarez saw him coming as the ball was being played to his feet Suarez then moved his body so that he was recieving the ball with his back to goal, meaning that Jagielka had to go through the back of Suarez to win the ball.

Jagielka proceded to slide in, won the ball but through Suarez. Suarez 'won' this freekick through clever play, but I dont think anybody could say he wasnt fouled.

*I full expect people to dismiss this comment simply because it was Suarez and therefore he mustve dived
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 102
aaron rattray
October 29, 2012, 1:43pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
I dont get why people call referees, they have a hard job as it is and its a fact that every decision they make somebody will think its the wrong decision, remember they only see it once at full flight with possible players in there way, refs dont see replays, refs are put under so much pressure every single decision they make, correct decision or not somebody will notbe happy

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 102
Codswede
October 29, 2012, 1:52pm

Upper Findus
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +300
Clattenburg allegedly said to Torres "get off you Spanish twit"... Sums up the attitude of the man, as stated by an earlier poster. Could be sour grapes from Chelsea, but a man who is refereeing top flight football and was proved of betting on matches is not really suitable to be in the job IMO.
By the way, I don't think it was a dive, and to say about reputations etc, Jonny Evans certainly has a worse reputation for mistimed tackles. But agreed it was a tough decision, albeit in the middle of a really poor refereeing display.

ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 102
Les Brechin
October 29, 2012, 1:55pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Codswede
Clattenburg allegedly said to Torres "get off you Spanish twit"... Sums up the attitude of the man, as stated by an earlier poster. Could be sour grapes from Chelsea, but a man who is refereeing top flight football and was proved of betting on matches is not really suitable to be in the job IMO.
By the way, I don't think it was a dive, and to say about reputations etc, Jonny Evans certainly has a worse reputation for mistimed tackles. But agreed it was a tough decision, albeit in the middle of a really poor refereeing display.

As far as I knew it was for comments made to Juan Mata and Jon Obi Mikel. No mention of anything said against Torres.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 102
gary_elton
October 29, 2012, 3:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
I agree Clattenburger made some bad decisions , but I honestly doubt he would have referred
to players as " Spanish twits " , referees do have some common sense.. albeit not apparent most of the time..

methinks tis a litle bit of naughty Chelski niggle coming into play here... trying to make themselves look
better than what they really are in the racism stakes....

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 102
RoboCod
October 29, 2012, 3:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from gary_elton
I agree Clattenburger made some bad decisions , but I honestly doubt he would have referred
to players as " Spanish twits " , referees do have some common sense.. albeit not apparent most of the time..

methinks tis a litle bit of naughty Chelski niggle coming into play here... trying to make themselves look
better than what they really are in the racism stakes....

I can't see that myself. At best the players involved misheard, at worst it did happen. The 3 officials have microphones so the two linesmen will have heard any such talk. Very interesting to see the outcome when all statements are made. But I doubt there's any 'plot' from within Chelsea themselves.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 102
davmariner
October 29, 2012, 4:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,983
Gold Stars: 79
I'm pretty sure as well players say a lot worse to referees than what Clattenburg is alleged to have said. Doesn't make it okay though... although it isn't racist.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 102
gary_elton
October 29, 2012, 4:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
I'm afraid I'm a tad sceptical when it comes to top clubs, their players and they way they try to " run " things
the way they want. All top clubs cry wolf and spit their dummies out when things go wrong.... and to me this is just a case
of sour grapes , if a referee HAS said something out of line I think there wud have been one almighty hoo haa out
on the pitch at the time it happened....

anyway , all this about diving by players , remember when Di Canio " pushed " a ref hard enough to send him
backwards several paces and then collapse dramatically in a heap ? ( Mike Reid was it ? ) Diving is not a new thing...  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 102
BIGChris
October 29, 2012, 4:14pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Quoted from gary_elton
I'm afraid I'm a tad sceptical when it comes to top clubs, their players and they way they try to " run " things
the way they want. All top clubs cry wolf and spit their dummies out when things go wrong.... and to me this is just a case
of sour grapes , if a referee HAS said something out of line I think there wud have been one almighty hoo haa out
on the pitch at the time it happened....

anyway , all this about diving by players , remember when Di Canio " pushed " a ref hard enough to send him
backwards several paces and then collapse dramatically in a heap ? ( Mike Reid was it ? ) Diving is not a new thing...  

Paul Alcock if i recall correctly?
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 102
moosey_club
October 29, 2012, 4:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from BIGChris

Having said all that. i know a referee assessor at that level and he says Clattenburg is a twit. He never accepts any critism even in the privacy of the dressing room. He never, ever sees himself as making an error

Referees make decisions based on their opinion and interpretation at that moment in time therefore he would effectively be arguing against himself by saying he was wrong.
You can post match review things,look at 6 different angle slo mo replays to determine if your application of the rules of the game was actually correct but at the moment in time he was applying what he believed was correct.
There is too much criticism of referees today and all of it technology based. Its a game played by humans marshalled by humans, human error is therefore a factor that should be tolerated.
Its all Skys fault.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mark Clattenburg (Martin Pringle)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.