Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mark Clattenburg (Martin Pringle)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 91 Guests

Mark Clattenburg (Martin Pringle)

This thread currently has 8,569 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
psgmariner
October 29, 2012, 9:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Everyone moans about simulation yet the minute a ref takes action everyone moans about it. There did look to be contact on Torres but he was certainly guilty of simulation the way he reacted. If refs kept booking players for this then perhaps Torres, Young, Rooney etc would quit with the detestable theatrics.

Private Message
Reply: 40 - 102
BIGChris
October 29, 2012, 9:17am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
This thread shows how opinions are divided even with slow motion replays. What chance has the referee got in real time? All refs make a split second decision based on what they think is right. That is one of the ingredients to making the game the attraction it is

The camera angle from behind Torres and similar to Clattenbergs view, makes it look more like a dive than the super slow mo side on view posted above when it does look like contact was made(whether sufficent contact is debated above)
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 102
Sussexmariner
October 29, 2012, 9:44am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +623
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I'd also be curious to know how Clattenburg ruined Pringle's career - if he'd sent Challinor off would it have welded his leg back together? He should clearly have been sent off but Challinor, not Clattenburg ended Pringle's career.

I think the point people are trying to put accross is that Clattenburg didnt see that challenge as "violent conduct" thus giving the green light to cowardly players like Challinor to continue putting in tackles that will end footballers careers and hoping he might get a way with it.

I was there that night and I have seen many reckless challenges but I never seen a player tackle a fellow professional with the intent to break his leg

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 102
Rodley Mariner
October 29, 2012, 9:49am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Sussexmariner

I think the point people are trying to put accross is that Clattenburg didnt see that challenge as "violent conduct" thus giving the green light to cowardly players like Challinor to continue putting in tackles that will end footballers careers and hoping he might get a way with it.

I was there that night and I have seen many reckless challenges but I never seen a player tackle a fellow professional with the intent to break his leg

I was sat in the Lower Stones, right in front of it and it was a disgusting tackle. To suggest Clattenburg is in anyway to blame for that tackle is completely ludicrous, although it was obviously a terrible decision not to send him off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 102
bradzmilne
October 29, 2012, 9:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 30

torres was caught i think it was a harsh decision

Torres should of even but Clattenburg in the place to make a decision. When you start throwing yourself to the deck dramatically your giving the ref something to blow for almost.
Which ever one of you that i follow on twitter was right, A yellow card should be a serious offense and a red card should be for the worst of the worst almost eradicating it from the game. Cards are changing/ruining too many games at all levels of football.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 102
AlanPoutonsTackle
October 29, 2012, 10:04am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
Quoted from BIGChris
This thread shows how opinions are divided even with slow motion replays. What chance has the referee got in real time? All refs make a split second decision based on what they think is right. That is one of the ingredients to making the game the attraction it is

The camera angle from behind Torres and similar to Clattenbergs view, makes it look more like a dive than the super slow mo side on view posted above when it does look like contact was made(whether sufficent contact is debated above)

I completely agree Big Chris. I have never been a fan of Clattenberg however the first time I saw a slow of Torres I was convinced he had dived. Another angle showed he was clipped. Football is becoming a victim of its clubs, if players are going to dive to cheat and decieve then they have to accept that refs will go looking for it and sometimes get it wrong. Torres was caught but then threw himself like a piece of theatre.
The hernandez offside is not even human error. A lino has to watch 2 things at once the ball leaving the foot of the player and on this occasion the movement of hernandez. The split second that he goes from one to another is enough to change the situation. It is at times not humanly possible for one person to correctly make a decision on an offside which shows a massive flaw in the system and why we will always see offside mistakes.
My criticism is the lino for the Suarez offside. he didn't flag until well after the ball was in the net. On this occasion he didn't have a clue and in my opinion you can't give it offside if you don't see it.

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 102
Garth
October 29, 2012, 10:26am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
When you are in full flight as was Torres and get clipped you tend to carry on running be it in a head forward stumble as most honest players do and rightly win a free kick, Torres went down in a controlled fashion and as such IMO made a slight contact into a deliberate fowl, If Clatterberk had remembered at that split second that he had already carded him would he have given him another, whats wrong with a strict talking to by the ref nowerdays,
Its strange but if it had been a full on contact shoulder to shoulder it would have been accepted by all, Funny ole Game!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 102
Abdul19
October 29, 2012, 10:40am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,598
Gold Stars: 219
Quoted from aldi_01
I don't believe Torres would've gone down if it wasn't for the touch as he clearly would've got on the end of the pass and skipped past an ageing rio Ferdinand and scored a typical trademark Torres goal.

I was agreeing with you until this bit!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 102
Rodley Mariner
October 29, 2012, 11:29am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
If that was still his trademark he would've stayed on his feet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 102
Ipswin
October 29, 2012, 12:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I see today is 'knock referees day' rather than the usual easy target, the Police.

Oh and I am sick of reading and hearing  (here and in the press / TV) that a player 'won' a free kick or 'won' a penalty - to me the use of the word 'won' that implies diving / cheating etc

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mark Clattenburg (Martin Pringle)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.