Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mark Clattenburg (Martin Pringle)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 101 Guests

Mark Clattenburg (Martin Pringle)

This thread currently has 8,575 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
October 29, 2012, 6:57am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
If Torres was to cautioned for diving that's what Ashley young should have received.

Clattenberg made some shocking decisions. Yes you can allow for human error but in the end his poor decision making had ruined the game and gifted it to man united.

Torres could have walked for his high tackle but he didn't, that was wrong. Ashley young went down again very very easily as did Torres but ivanovic walked yet jonny Evans knew he'd fouled Torres, his reaction proved that yet Torres receives the caution for diving.

At the speed that some of these guys run the faintest of touches will send you off balance or send you to the ground. I don't believe Torres would've gone down if it wasn't for the touch as he clearly would've got on the end of the pass and skipped past an ageing rio Ferdinand and scored a typical trademark Torres goal.

Some poor decisions all round this weekend. One thing we've always known though is clattenberg has always been excrement. As the OP states, he started badly that Tuesday night at BP when he didn't even book dave challinor...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 102
Simariner
October 29, 2012, 7:21am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
And my first post was about the Challinor challenge on Pringle.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 102
scrumble
October 29, 2012, 8:00am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from AdamHaddock
When exactly did football become a non contact sport, where the faintest little bit of contact between two players is considered a foul? I must have missed that.

About 20 years ago. In this instance he stuck his leg out, missed the ball and caught the player. Its a foul, whether or not he fell like a sack of spuds.

In a league where its not uncommon to win a free kick with no contact at all I don't see why everyone is getting so wound up over this instance.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 102
Henryscat
October 29, 2012, 8:14am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
The first yellow was bordering on being a sending off offence anyway - he kicked him.

Oh well clattenburg (and challinor) are both twits - so is Danny Hickinbottom

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 102
Super Clive
October 29, 2012, 8:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Looks like Gutenberg will be reffing our league soon.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 102
semilapsedmariner
October 29, 2012, 8:43am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: +0
We don't want the clott down here we've enough clowns in black at this level anyway.

Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play.
It is bound up with hatred,jealousy,boastfullness,
disregard of all rules and a sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence;
In other words it is war without the shooting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 102
SlouchyMetal
October 29, 2012, 8:53am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +8
its interesting, all of you abusing the referee but i bet if you were in his shoes and we all abused you, you wouldn't like it. as for the payment, you can never pay a man enough for all the abuse he or even she will get, just for being the one controlling the game. Why don't you all become ref's, then you will see where Clattenburg is coming from? No? Didn't think so. When you've done what Clattenburg and the rest have done in their careers, THEN you can criticise. Jesus, someone get the sanity pills out, i'm losing mine right about now.

Party on Wayne
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 102
Manchester Mariner
October 29, 2012, 8:55am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
I'm not sure if it was a foul by Evans, its 50/50 for me but didnt Torres get booked for 'simulation'? if you watch the few seconds after he goes down he clutches his knee as if he's been injured seconds later when he's given the yellow card he bounces onto his supposed injured knees and is arguing the toss.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 102
Rodley Mariner
October 29, 2012, 9:03am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Unusually seems to be a massive over-reaction to this. The first sending off was nailed on and the offside winner was extremely tight. The only dubious decision is the Torres sending off and he probably should have got a red for the first yellow. Felt for Chelsea as they were comfortably the better team before the sendings-off and at 11 vs 11 I think they'd have won the game but the idea that this was some unbelievably dire set of decisions isn't really supported by what happened.

I'd also be curious to know how Clattenburg ruined Pringle's career - if he'd sent Challinor off would it have welded his leg back together? He should clearly have been sent off but Challinor, not Clattenburg ended Pringle's career.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 102
Sussexmariner
October 29, 2012, 9:13am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +623
Gold Stars: 18
"clipping" a player as he is running as Evans clearly did does not automaticaly constitute a free kick as its been said on this thread several times, football is a contact sport.

Torres clearly went down to earn an unfair advantage claiming he was fouled when he was not by deciding not to put his right leg in front of his left as is the norm when running! yellow card, well done referee!!

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mark Clattenburg (Martin Pringle)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.