Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mark Clattenburg (Martin Pringle)
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 96 Guests

Mark Clattenburg (Martin Pringle)

This thread currently has 8,564 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
November 1, 2012, 5:22pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,814
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from cocky

I think the issue is that yes, the technology is there to review decisions, but how far do you go back.

The Liverpool 'goal' on sunday - do you just review the offside decision, or look at a stage in play beyond that with the climbing on the defender, or go back further to see if it was actually a free kick to Liverpool that lead to the ball being played into the box, and before that was the disputed throw in decision 30 second before the free kick awarded correctly?

In my opinion, any technologies that remove the game further away from what you see in the park on a Sunday is bad for the sport.   I say leave it as it is, if only because if there wasn't controversy this board would be full of pointless polls and 'who's the best Town player called Steve?' type threads.

I'd probably go for Sherwood by the way  

But the game at the top level is nothing like the game on a park on Sunday. Players on wages of millions of pounds per year are competing for major trophy's and millions in prize money.  With such high stakes matches should not be decided on the basis of easily correctable errors.

Good call on Sherwood, but I think Livvo has a shout too.......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 102
Les Brechin
November 1, 2012, 7:34pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from RonMariner

But the game at the top level is nothing like the game on a park on Sunday. Players on wages of millions of pounds per year are competing for major trophy's and millions in prize money.  With such high stakes matches should not be decided on the basis of easily correctable errors.

Good call on Sherwood, but I think Livvo has a shout too.......

Nah, it's got to be Steve Saunders, the guy was a legend.  

I was at Crewe when he scored twice in the first 5 minutes, I thought I was hallucinating.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 102
RonMariner
November 2, 2012, 10:30am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,814
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Les Brechin

Nah, it's got to be Steve Saunders, the guy was a legend.  

I was at Crewe when he scored twice in the first 5 minutes, I thought I was hallucinating.  

Les, you are forgetting the legend that was Steve Govier.....I think, or am I hallucinating?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mark Clattenburg (Martin Pringle)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.