Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mark Clattenburg (Martin Pringle)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 105 Guests

Mark Clattenburg (Martin Pringle)

This thread currently has 8,571 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
biggles9999
October 28, 2012, 9:13pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Has now been reported by Chelsea for supposed inappropriate remarks during the game as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 102
Abdul19
October 28, 2012, 9:16pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,601
Gold Stars: 219
Appalling display of 'refereeing'. The bloke just loves the limelight.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 102
mimma
October 28, 2012, 9:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Taken from wikipedia:

Clattenburg received criticism in 2002 following his failure to send off Stockport County defender Dave Challinor for a foul on Martin Pringle during a game against Grimsby Town. Pringle's leg was broken in two places and his career effectively ended by the foul; Clattenburg opted to give only a yellow card to Challinor.[6]

The very last line on him:

On 28 October 2012, Chelsea lodged a complaint with Premier League stating that Clattenburg had used inappropriate and racially abusive language towards two Chelsea players
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 102
Neilo83
October 28, 2012, 9:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
Ok like I said in previous post, yes he did catch him slightly, but it was not enough to send him down IMO, u could tell by the way that he fell that he was looking for the free kick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 102
BIGChris
October 28, 2012, 9:30pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Abdul19
Appalling display of 'refereeing'. The bloke just loves the limelight.

The Ivanovic dismissal was a certain red card. It was a foul and denied Young a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Torres seems debateable. Looking at the social media it seems people (and i don't mean Chelsea/Man U 'fans') are 50/50. The ref made his call rightly or wrongly but he made a decision in a split second. I wouldnt call it appalling because millions of people are split after several replays/slow motion/zoom lense debate.

The latest decision by Chelsea to report the referee for 'inappropriate language' /swearing is absolutly pathetic in my opinion. Week in week out players are seen swearing on the pitch. I wonder what Chelsea will do if next week every player is sent off for swearing on the pitch. The game would have to be abandoned before half time!

Another show of the petulance and the attitude rife at the Premiership level.

Having said all that. i know a referee assessor at that level and he says Clattenburg is a twit. He never accepts any critism even in the privacy of the dressing room. He never, ever sees himself as making an error
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 102
Les Brechin
October 28, 2012, 9:31pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,720
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Neilo83
Ok like I said in previous post, yes he did catch him slightly, but it was not enough to send him down IMO, u could tell by the way that he fell that he was looking for the free kick.

Correct, and Jonny Evans admitted as much. Therefore IT WAS a free kick so how can you send somebody off for winning a free kick?

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 102
Neilo83
October 28, 2012, 9:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
So ur saying that every time someone catches/touches/brushes someone it's a free kick?? I've just watches it again on YouTube and I can't see how anyone can say that he wasn't looking for that by going down easily.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 102
JonoGrimsby777
October 28, 2012, 9:55pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +16
Totally agree with n3il here.  The contact made on Torres would not be enough to topple over a baby learning to walk.  Just because there's contact doesn't mean that it is foul, Torres clearly is looking for it and makes a pathetic dive trying to win a free kick.  I'm sorry but that sort of thing is ruining football and it needs to be stamped out, starting from the top.  I hate the way that a couple of weeks ago people were calling for stricter action on diving from referees following the Suarez dive against Stoke, and now when action is taken, everyone complains?  Nice one.  
And I know people are saying that Ivanovic was clear sending off, but that was minimal contact as well, with Young flicking his heels up looking for contact.  That one was a dive as well.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 102
Abdul19
October 28, 2012, 10:00pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,601
Gold Stars: 219
If I was running around the office at pace and caught a chair leg I'm fairly sure I'd fall over.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 102
nelly_gtfc
October 28, 2012, 10:01pm
Guest User
Evans actually clips his foot too? If your running it would be quite easy to lose balance and fall over.

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-64lfpx.gif[/img]
Reply: 19 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mark Clattenburg (Martin Pringle)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.