siy2k5
March 4, 2012, 3:36pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from Paris Mariner

The problem isn't promotion and relegation. The problem is that the FA, clubs and players have got their heads buried in the and regarding wages. If clubs were run properly with in their means clubs wouldn't go to the wall and the sporting hierarchy would naturally sort itself out.

+1

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 54
Steve_gtfc
March 4, 2012, 3:53pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Quoted from Paris Mariner

The problem isn't promotion and relegation. The problem is that the FA, clubs and players have got their heads buried in the and regarding wages. If clubs were run properly with in their means clubs wouldn't go to the wall and the sporting hierarchy would naturally sort itself out.

David Moyes has a few ideas regards this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17249760

I know he is talking about the EPL but the idea/principle could filter down the levels.

Follow on Twitter: sclaybourn87
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 54
crusty ole pie
March 4, 2012, 4:00pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,386
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from 2578

i feel the same way but dont try and tell me you never watch MOTD?

Very rearly do I watch mod the program lost its appeal to me when they forgot there was something other then the prem I subscribe to sky more for the plastic scouse in my house but do admit to watching the Sunday tea time game but little else
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 54
rancido
March 4, 2012, 4:13pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,619
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from 2578

Bit of the mark there I  didn't imply that, My point is to be in the football league carries status and by allowing pub teams that only a few hundred people care about to replace traditional founder member clubs just seems wrong to me.

You mean the likes of Wigan , Chelmsford and Yeovil replacing teams like Bradford PA , Gateshead and Barrow ?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 54
crusty ole pie
March 4, 2012, 4:22pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,386
Gold Stars: 66
Does the criteria of quality of stadium still apply? I hope it does could you imagine the grounds like alferton Braintree and tamworth attracting large away followings on a regular basis
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 54
EY Mariner
March 4, 2012, 5:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
While I think the suggestion this letter appears to be making, from the summary posted here, is a horrendous one, it does touch on a point about league restructuring which has been in obvious need of consideration for some years now. When we were down at Nene Park in November, a Kettering fan said to us that, whereas they were a big non-league club not that long ago, all they can now hope to do is survive in the Conference each season. I think the same is true for all the clubs in the Conference who have not either recently dropped out of the Football League or are not being bankrolled like Fleetwood and Crawley.

In the short-term, a third promotion place would help to tackle the issue. In the longer term, however, we need to look at restructuring the leagues. Unfortunately, however, I suspect that will only happen if or when Premier League 2 is ever formed and the trickle-down effect from that is felt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 54
March 4, 2012, 6:22pm
Guest User
Quoted from rancido

You mean the likes of Wigan , Chelmsford and Yeovil replacing teams like Bradford PA , Gateshead and Barrow ?

You would honestly call wigan and yeovil pub teams? really?? and as for chelmsford they play in the conference south where they belong  

Reply: 36 - 54
pseudonym
March 4, 2012, 6:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from 2578

You would honestly call wigan and yeovil pub teams? really?? and as for chelmsford they play in the conference south where they belong  

Every team should be where they are on merit. Attendances shouldn't even come into the equation

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 54
thedmariner
March 4, 2012, 8:02pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
if memory serves me right town were saved from dropping out of the fl when we finished bottom of the old 4th division and were re-elected due to the fact that the top non league teams ground was not good enough.
i think promotion and relegation should be based purely on merit otherwise where is the incentive? and once we get out of this god awful league hopefully it wont concern us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 54
Abdul19
March 4, 2012, 8:19pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,586
Gold Stars: 218
Didn't Wigan get sub 2k crowds 15 years ago?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Letter in the NLP

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.