This thread currently has 3,871 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
codhead91
March 4, 2012, 1:45pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Quoted from 2578

By setting a 2500 average minimum Crawley would then have has to give insentives to the local public to draw them in and raise the gate, reduced ticket prices etc, after all it's not like they couldn't afford to.

So does that mean, based on your logic, that the likes of Wigan, Swansea etc. shouldn't be in the Premier League because they don't get the same attendance figures as United, Arsenal, Newcastle etc.?! Preventing a team from going up because of their fan base is ridiculous. As LH said, would you object to us not getting promoted to the Premier League because of our inevitably poor attendance figures compared to other teams in that division?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 54
March 4, 2012, 1:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Next thing is you'll have the Premier League clubs not wanting smaller teams in their little cartel. Football must always be a meritocracy, otherwise it just becomes a contrived gameshow. NFL anyone? thought not.

As much as I'd love to see town in the premiership, it would be pretty embarrassing seeing 8000 in the premier league, they would rightly refuse entry in my opinion if we ever got promoted. We would tarnish a great product.
Reply: 11 - 54
Biccys
March 4, 2012, 2:00pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
So to follow this argument to it's natural conclusion, only the team with the highest attendance can win the premier league and the highest in Europe can win the champions league? What a strange argument to be in favour of.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 54
TownSNAFU5
March 4, 2012, 2:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,904
Gold Stars: 42
This letter (which I read), would represent the decline of football in this country.

Even if we would gain in the short-term.  Can you see us ever getting into the Championship on the same "crowd" criteria?

Looking at the standard of grounds is a different matter where there is a future risk to crowd safety.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 54
crusty ole pie
March 4, 2012, 2:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,386
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from 2578

As much as I'd love to see town in the premiership, it would be pretty embarrassing seeing 8000 in the premier league, they would rightly refuse entry in my opinion if we ever got promoted. We would tarnish a great product.

Take issue with your comment great product the prem leaves me cold bunch of foreign celebrities who don't give a intercourse for the fans only the number of zeros on the payslip and the number of cars in the garage give me fl all the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 54
nelly_gtfc
March 4, 2012, 2:07pm
Guest User
Obviously the teams with poor gates are doing something right - on and off the pitch, were as the teams with bigger gates are not good enough.

What is needed would be to increase the amount of automatic promotion places to 2 - 3 and one place decided via the playoffs.

Would be totally wrong to control who is in which divisions, it's abit like the Premiership becoming exclusive with no relegation places, even Alex Ferguson disagreed with the idea.

Remember when we was in the Championship, Trevor Francis the t*** moaning about going to likes of Grimsby when he was Birmingham manager, makes it all that better when you beat a bigger club.
Reply: 15 - 54
crusty ole pie
March 4, 2012, 2:08pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,386
Gold Stars: 66
Agree with if your not good enough then relegation is your fate but believe the way back should be easier 3up 3 down
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 54
March 4, 2012, 2:09pm
Guest User
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Take issue with your comment great product the prem leaves me cold bunch of foreign celebrities who don't give a intercourse for the fans only the number of zeros on the payslip and the number of cars in the garage give me fl all the time

i feel the same way but dont try and tell me you never watch MOTD?
Reply: 17 - 54
marinette
March 4, 2012, 2:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Horrible idea.  Football would be so boring, depressing and predictable without the underdogs.

Private Message
Reply: 18 - 54
March 4, 2012, 2:16pm
Guest User
Quoted from Biccys
So to follow this argument to it's natural conclusion, only the team with the highest attendance can win the premier league and the highest in Europe can win the champions league? What a strange argument to be in favour of.

Bit of the mark there I  didn't imply that, My point is to be in the football league carries status and by allowing pub teams that only a few hundred people care about to replace traditional founder member clubs just seems wrong to me.

Reply: 19 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Letter in the NLP

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.