Mariners Trust - Seat on GTFC Board

This thread currently has 7,130 views. Print
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Grim_Exile
February 27, 2012, 10:15am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +6 / 0
For those that may have missed the post on the MT specific messageboard - surely this is good news for all supporters?  Supporter representation at board level is a massive step forwards IMO.

http://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/index.php/news/39-mtstatementplaceonboard260212
Logged Offline
Private Message
Tommy
February 27, 2012, 10:29am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Key question I suppose is: is this offer for a seat on the board conditional on the 200,000 shares going to Fenty?

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 85
HarryHaddocks
February 27, 2012, 10:31am

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Quoted from Grim_Exile
For those that may have missed the post on the MT specific messageboard - surely this is good news for all supporters?  Supporter representation at board level is a massive step forwards IMO.

http://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/index.php/news/39-mtstatementplaceonboard260212

Thanks for posting GE.

I am made up.  Congratulations to the Trust and to John Fenty for coming to heads of agreement about this bold step forward.

It is absolutely fantastic news and if it can be confirmed in time for me to get my postal ballot in for March 5th then I will definitely be voting YES, rather than the NO that would have been there previously!

It's such a good news story for the club - putting GTFC on the map as progressive club with regards to fan involvement.

Best news this year.

Up the Bleeding Mariners

Follow me on Twitter @Harryhaddocks
><(((((*>
#theonlywayishaddock #wewantharryback
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 85
HarryHaddocks
February 27, 2012, 10:34am

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Quoted from Tommy
Key question I suppose is: is this offer for a seat on the board conditional on the 200,000 shares going to Fenty?

If so it is a fair trade, in my opinion.  

Really good work by the Trust to have got even to this stage.

A year ago I never thought I would see the day.

Really good work guys.

Follow me on Twitter @Harryhaddocks
><(((((*>
#theonlywayishaddock #wewantharryback
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 85
MuddyWaters
February 27, 2012, 10:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HarryHaddocks

Thanks for posting GE.

I am made up.  Congratulations to the Trust and to John Fenty for coming to heads of agreement about this bold step forward.

It is absolutely fantastic news and if it can be confirmed in time for me to get my postal ballot in for March 5th then I will definitely be voting YES, rather than the NO that would have been there previously!

It's such a good news story for the club - putting GTFC on the map as progressive club with regards to fan involvement.

Best news this year.

Up the Bleeding Mariners

Well there you go. The Trust's ballot process is derailed by a gesture of a seat on the board.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 85
Trawler
February 27, 2012, 10:41am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from HarryHaddocks

Thanks for posting GE.

Best news this year.

Up the Bleeding Mariners

WHS word for word.

Mariners Trust I salute you. And I think the GTFC board should be recognized for this positive action.

I hope this offer can be made concrete in time for ballot papers to be posted.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 85
bax
February 27, 2012, 10:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
What a complete and utter farce.

Firstly - great news the Trust will get a place on the Board. Complete common sense.

But how on Earth can the current ballot go ahead now this has happened? I've voted a certain way based on what I thought should have happened. That has now happened and may well have changed my vote. You just cannot change things in the middle of a vote!  Incredible. Adds even more weight as to why this should have waited until the end of the season and not taken place now. Surely the result of this is now open to legal challenge?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 85
Trawler
February 27, 2012, 10:47am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Well there you go. The Trust's ballot process is derailed by a gesture of a seat on the board.

Derailed????? surely a touch on the glass-half-empty side Codger?

I am assuming that by "gesture" you are implying it will not happen?

I very much hope your pessimism is misplaced. And would stick my neck out and say that it's unlikely that the club would dangle this carrot and then withdraw the offer. It would be cataclysmic PR.

I guess the the terms/scope of Trust involvement at board level need to be thrashed out which is why it cannot be confirmed immediately?

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 85
Grim_Exile
February 27, 2012, 10:49am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Quoted from bax
What a complete and utter farce.

Firstly - great news the Trust will get a place on the Board. Complete common sense.

But how on Earth can the current ballot go ahead now this has happened? I've voted a certain way based on what I thought should have happened. That has now happened and may well have changed my vote. You just cannot change things in the middle of a vote!  Incredible. Adds even more weight as to why this should have waited until the end of the season and not taken place now. Surely the result of this is now open to legal challenge?

I understand your concern and agree re: the timing (far from ideal), but I would have thought that this would depend on the outcome of the ballot.  If anything, I would imagine that this news would sway more people towards a 'Yes' rather than a 'No' vote.  If the outcome of the current ballot is 'Yes', then it could be argued that the outcome wouldn't have been affected by this news.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 85
bax
February 27, 2012, 10:52am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
But you can't introduce stuff after the start of the ballot which fundamentally changes the whole process!  Hundreds of people could have voted on the information su0pplied at the outset. Now something has changed which is a two-fingered salute to those who voted early.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 85
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust - Seat on GTFC Board

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.