This thread currently has 7,124 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
February 28, 2012, 1:54pm
Guest User
Quoted from Chris
Don't complain if you won't do.

Incredible !

Why shouldn't anyone complain let alone a member of the trust ?

One second you're doing the right thing by your members next thing you know, members can't have an honest say without running for election ?

I dread to think how you might view the average supporter, I really do.

It's a shame you just don't allow ALL fans to have their honest say without getting your knickers in a defensive twist, regardless of whether they are part of or can serve the "organsation" at all.
Reply: 60 - 85
roundballovalhole
February 28, 2012, 1:57pm
Guest User
Do you have a job 80's?

I think that you are probably an unemployed middle manager based on your cut and paste skills and the clearly vast amaount of time you have to post on here!

Agree with much of what you say on these matters however!
Reply: 61 - 85
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 28, 2012, 2:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from BlackBoots

My view is that we, as Trust members, either let the trust board manage situations or we remove them and stand against them. There wern't a huge number of people coming forward previously and although many criticise their every move I have been reasonably happy from the sidelines in the steps taken in the last 4 months. I am told membership has doubled. The membership of what 325? compares well with Arsenal and Newcastle who have around 1100. I have had regular e-mail updates and now it looks like we will at least have fan represntative on the board. When have we ever been remotely close to that?

Now where did I say anything opposite to what you've just said.

I'm criticising them for this deal and the way it's done.

So you think Fenty's offer of a seat in the boardroom isn't linked to this? You must be very naive.

The Trust Board might have offered other solutions which weren't acceptable to Fenty. In my view if they have had to compromise as much as the current deal on the table they should have walked away. Is there any new money on the table from JF or is this merely him fulfilling the undertaking he made with Parker?

So in what way would the Trust be in the mire if the club went mammaries up? If they've acted in accordance with company law then there should be no problem.

And why would the Trust need a spare couple of million quid? Any other directors apart from Fenty put anything like this in? No!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 85
Chris
February 28, 2012, 3:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Quoted from 1600

I dread to think how you might view the average supporter, I really do.  I AM an average supporter!

It's a shame you just don't allow ALL fans to have their honest say without getting your knickers in a defensive twist, regardless of whether they are part of or can serve the "organsation" at all. Knicker wearing egotistical Trust member. Damn, I 'ave been rumbled

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 85
lukeo
February 28, 2012, 3:39pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
BgiChris is my hero. Whatever he says I agree with.

Can't we get aaron onto the board?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 85
Chris
February 28, 2012, 9:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Quoted from lukeo
BgiChris is my hero. Whatever he says I agree with.

You sure you know Big Chris?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 85
lukeo
February 29, 2012, 6:50am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
oops
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 85
cocky
February 29, 2012, 10:19am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Quoted from 1600

It's a shame you just don't allow ALL fans to have their honest say without getting your knickers in a defensive twist, regardless of whether they are part of or can serve the "organsation" at all.

Serious question,  how do you conduct a vote for ALL fans?  What's to stop a load of Scunthorpe / Lincoln etc fans claiming to be Town fans and voting on something 'for a laugh'?  I think the almost nominal fee of £15 a year to join the trust would probably prevent the majority of non town fans from voting.

Whilst I agree that all Town fans should be represented I can't see how that can happen unless the majority of fans join the trust.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 85
voice of reason
February 29, 2012, 11:38am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from cocky

Serious question,  how do you conduct a vote for ALL fans?  What's to stop a load of Scunthorpe / Lincoln etc fans claiming to be Town fans and voting on something 'for a laugh'?  I think the almost nominal fee of £15 a year to join the trust would probably prevent the majority of non town fans from voting.

Whilst I agree that all Town fans should be represented I can't see how that can happen unless the majority of fans join the trust.  

You really think a load of scunny/lincoln fans would bother to vote, just for a laugh...??? Seems a bit far fetched for me, they can't even be arsed with their own teams let alone ours...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 85
Rodley Mariner
February 29, 2012, 11:51am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 185
VOR - you're clearly a pretty intelligent bloke but do you seriously think that's it feasible for the Trust to open this vote up to all Town 'fans'? Even if it is, wouldn't the Trust effectively be finishing itself off? Why would anybody bother to join if you can influence its actions and have an equal say in what it does and how it operates without doing so?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust - Seat on GTFC Board

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.