March 1, 2012, 12:24pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Quoted from sonik
Relocation,  Relocation,  Relocation.

UTM!

Flack jacket on!

Yes. Didn't the club have to write off £500K after the last abortive attempt at looking at relocation. Which then lead to Mr. Fenty having to loan more money to the club.

So here I am once more in the playground of the broken hearts
One more experience, one more entry in a diary, self-penned
Yet another emotional suicide overdosed on sentiment and pride
Too late to say I love you, too late to re-stage the play
Abandoning the relics in my playground of yesterday
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 85
Biccys
March 1, 2012, 1:30pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from voice of reason

You really think a load of scunny/lincoln fans would bother to vote, just for a laugh...??? Seems a bit far fetched for me, they can't even be arsed with their own teams let alone ours...

Not probable, but definitely possible.

If the (for example) Tellywag printed a ballot slip and urged Town fans to post it back with their vote, who's to say there would be a true representation of Town fans...?!

I don't know the best solution.

Perhaps a voting slip per match day ticket (home fans only) is the answer? Hand one over to every person going through a turnstile?Anything but the situation that we have now found ourselves in.

I'm a trust member but I'm in 2 minds about the vote. (Not that I'm eligible to do so!) I was initially a "Yes" but the latest revelations regarding the place on the board has a huge impact on everyone that goes to games or claims to be a fan. Perhaps the true representation of fans would be to do the things I suggest above but then again, what business is it of anyone not a trust member to vote on how they deal with their shares?

I can see both sides of the argument which is quite rare on here....

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 82 - 85
DavidB
March 1, 2012, 4:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +192
Quoted from Biccys

I'm a trust member but I'm in 2 minds about the vote. (Not that I'm eligible to do so!) I was initially a "Yes" but the latest revelations regarding the place on the board has a huge impact on everyone that goes to games or claims to be a fan. Perhaps the true representation of fans would be to do the things I suggest above but then again, what business is it of anyone not a trust member to vote on how they deal with their shares?

I can see both sides of the argument which is quite rare on here....

I sympathise Biccys - difficult to know what's best! As I've said in another post, I think it might help to keep the two issues separate i.e.
1) whether / how well the Trust does / should represent supporters generally; and
2) which way (as a current Trust member) to vote

2) is the relevant issue here - there's a decision to be made, and it's got to be made by Trust members and with the circumstances as they are (regardless of point 1) and also regardless of how the circumstances arose) - it's the Trust as a legally constituted organisation that were given the shares

That's not to understate the importance of the vote, nor the impact of its consequences on the future of the Club - but it's the current situation, and it isn't going to change before Monday's deadline!

The 'seat on the Board' is another complicating factor - but it's important to remember that currently it's only been agreed in principle, with further negotiations and conditions to be met - it's not a foregone conclusion, and should it progress will bring issues and responsibilities that need careful consideration (including whether the Trust feels it yet has sufficient membership, clarity about role, and capability).

Another consideration is that there could be other options that have been / could be considered: the current proposal has arisen out of initial negotiations with John Fenty, but a No vote doesn't have to be seen as a rejection of him or lack of recognition of his concerns about shareholdings 'outside the Boardroom' - it is just a rejection of the current proposal (including its restrictive conditions). Whilst other options might not be as attractive to John Fenty, there could be ways of alleviating his immediate concerns without reducing the Trust's potential future influence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 85
forza ivano
March 1, 2012, 4:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
but a No vote doesn't have to be seen as a rejection of him or lack of recognition of his concerns about shareholdings 'outside the Boardroom' - it is just a rejection of the current proposal (including its restrictive conditions). Whilst other options might not be as attractive to John Fenty, there could be ways of alleviating his immediate concerns without reducing the Trust's potential future influence.

thanks dave b Perfectly put and sums up the '3rd way option'. this will be put on the bottom of my voting slip
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 85
BlackBoots
March 1, 2012, 4:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Quoted from forza ivano
but a No vote doesn't have to be seen as a rejection of him or lack of recognition of his concerns about shareholdings 'outside the Boardroom' - it is just a rejection of the current proposal (including its restrictive conditions). Whilst other options might not be as attractive to John Fenty, there could be ways of alleviating his immediate concerns without reducing the Trust's potential future influence.

thanks dave b Perfectly put and sums up the '3rd way option'. this will be put on the bottom of my voting slip

Interesting.

I think JF would very much see a 'No' vote as a rejection of him. He would undoubtedly take it as a kick in the gonads. Sensitive soul
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust - Seat on GTFC Board

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.