Ipswin
February 27, 2012, 12:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Coley Surfer
Who has actually made this offer to the Trust? John Fenty is not in a position to offer a seat on the board is he? as he himself is only a board member and not Chairman. Surely any new board members have to be approved by the shareholders at an AGM or EGM. What is a non-executive position? Is anything the Trust suggest to be thrown out by the rest of the board using what used to be the Trusts shares against them.

Although I would love to see the Trust have a proper seat on the board, I just see this as an attempt to sway the upcoming vote, and even with the Trust sitting in at board meetings etc. they will still actually be powerless to influence anything.

The person representing the Truss on the board of GTFC will have no power or voice whatsover (but could be useful looking after the coats, making the tea and sharpening the pencils as Fenty sniggers at how easy it was to get £200,000 worth of free shares)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 85
Coley Surfer
February 27, 2012, 12:38pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Quoted from Ipswin

The person representing the Truss on the board of GTFC will have no power or voice whatsover (but could be useful looking after the coats, making the tea and sharpening the pencils as Fenty sniggers at how easy it was to get £200,000 worth of free shares)

I sort of knew that Swin. I just wanted some sort of clarification. Then again if you realised who I was then you'd have known that already.

So here I am once more in the playground of the broken hearts
One more experience, one more entry in a diary, self-penned
Yet another emotional suicide overdosed on sentiment and pride
Too late to say I love you, too late to re-stage the play
Abandoning the relics in my playground of yesterday
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 85
pontoonlew
February 27, 2012, 12:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from Ipswin

Okay, can you tell me what the trust can do better with 200k that Fenty can't do with 400k? If it's really about the benifit of the club and not about your views on Fenty on a personal level I'm sure you'll have a good answer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 85
FFS
February 27, 2012, 12:46pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +38 / -2
Approval: +252
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Ipswin

FFS

How boringly predictable. Ipswin in Slate Everything Shocker.

What is it exactly you'd suggest moving forward Ipswin?  Is there any good to come out of a Trust? Come on mate.  What's your big idea?

Or is just you need to face facts that you'll NEVER be happy?

Presumably you're not a Trust member - it must be soooooo frustrating watching from the sidelines while they "screw it all up."

Next time get involved so your opinions actually count for something, rather than shouting from the sidelines.

"He is not only dull himself, he is the cause of dullness in others."
-Samuel Johnson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 85
pontoonlew
February 27, 2012, 12:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 181
For the record, I saw more people on here saying they'd vote yes than no, people claiming otherwise are being very biased and selective.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 85
Paris Mariner
February 27, 2012, 1:02pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
I think a seat on the board is fantastic. Every trust across the country has this type of aim and we may just be on the cusp of achieving it. Yes, it may well be in exchange for £200k of share (which the trust did not pay for) but someone on the board can act as a voice for the fans which should, in turn, encourage more people to join the trust. This will increase funds and allow the trust to attempt more ambitious ways of helping the club. No, the board representative won't have a major iinfluence on the finance, players etc but their voice will be direct link between the fans and club which will no doubt be useful in resolving (or trying to) issues regarding catering, club promotion schemes, communication etc. It can only be positive step.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 35 - 85
Ipswin
February 27, 2012, 1:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from FFS

FFS

How boringly predictable. Ipswin in Slate Everything Shocker.

What is it exactly you'd suggest moving forward Ipswin?  Is there any good to come out of a Trust? Come on mate.  What's your big idea?

Or is just you need to face facts that you'll NEVER be happy?

Presumably you're not a Trust member - it must be soooooo frustrating watching from the sidelines while they "screw it all up."

Next time get involved so your opinions actually count for something, rather than shouting from the sidelines.

It's not a case of 'slating everything'

If you can't see

a) that this 11th hour announcement of a place on the board of GTFC is purely designed to ensure the Trust members vote 'yes' and
b) that whoever represents the Trust on the board will be there as a token representative with no power to influence things

then I just hope you haven't had a vote.

The Trust? What can it achieve? Quite honestly not a lot with Fenty having such a powerful grip on the whole shooting match and even less if they relinquish half of their shares

I have already suggested a way forward which was to review the situation in May rather than the knee-jerk reaction we are seeing now. One whisper that Fenty might not put in any more money and everbody would cheerfully sell their Granny.

FFS we are having one of our best seasons ever under Fenty (mind you there hasn't been much competition) There is an outside chance we might get back in the F League, Bennett's sell-on money will start to come in, gates are up, there is no way Fenty is going to sit back and watch the club and his 'benign' loans go down the tubes now (especially when he had already undertaken to put more cash in anyway and is simply late doing so) and his threat that we might have to sell Hearn in January is no longer valid

As a shareholder I consider I am already involved but my shares (a bit like those the Turst will be left with) are useless voting-wise against Fenty's holding

BTW I an not your 'mate'

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 85
arryarryarry
February 27, 2012, 1:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,019
Gold Stars: 117
John Fenty says” I have embraced both the previous board and the current Mariners Trust board and have already agreed with my colleagues that the Trust will have a slot at GTFC board meetings to present ideas, support and challenge.

Just what does a "slot" mean, doesn't sound to me like a proper board member.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 85
Wrawby_Mariner
February 27, 2012, 1:56pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from arryarryarry
John Fenty says” I have embraced both the previous board and the current Mariners Trust board and have already agreed with my colleagues that the Trust will have a slot at GTFC board meetings to present ideas, support and challenge.

Board member without voting powers it looks to me non executive
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 38 - 85
voice of reason
February 27, 2012, 1:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from arryarryarry

Yeah well pointed out... Sounds more like they'll be able to have five mins during the normal board meeting to voice their opinions and then be shown the door... Could just be the way it's worded though...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust - Seat on GTFC Board

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.