This thread currently has 3,484 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
pier39
February 16, 2012, 12:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: +1
as predicted by many they have caved in to fenty(con) at the earliest opportunity,fuk me even i thought  they would last a bit longer   stick to catering issues and painting the bogs clearly being turned over by tory boy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Chris
February 16, 2012, 12:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Quoted from pier39
as predicted by many they have caved in to fenty(con) at the earliest opportunity,fuk me even i thought  they would last a bit longer   stick to catering issues and painting the bogs clearly being turned over by tory boy.

Haha. Which part of the voting/balloting process do you not understand fella? The Trust have not caved in to anyone, they've simply negotiated and come up with a proposal. It's now within the power of the membership to decide is this proposal should be adopted or not.

Hardly rocket science but I appreciate people with limitations may struggle to understand the concept.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 44
marinerjase
February 16, 2012, 12:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,713
Gold Stars: 156
Grow up...no need for personal insults. The trust haven't made a decision..their members will. All you lot whingeing then you know what to do..join and vote. Simple.

ps. They were backed into a corner.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 44
pier39
February 16, 2012, 12:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Chris

Haha. Which part of the voting/balloting process do you not understand fella? The Trust have not caved in to anyone, they've simply negotiated and come up with a proposal. It's now within the power of the membership to decide is this proposal should be adopted or not.

Hardly rocket science but I appreciate people with limitations may struggle to understand the concept.

really.....a couple of seasons down the rd you and your cronies will realise what theyve done
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 44
Marinerz93
February 16, 2012, 12:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from marinerjase

With a loaded gun and cattle prod.

marinerjase is right, lay off the trust.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 44
pier39
February 16, 2012, 12:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

With a loaded gun and cattle prod.

marinerjase is right, lay off the trust.

loaded gun maybe but clearly the deck folded before fenty even looked at his cards
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 44
roundballovalhole
February 16, 2012, 12:29pm
Guest User
Quoted from Chris

I think your limitations are the ones in evidence fella. . . the voting process has come AFTER the decision made to hand over all voting rights thus giving fenty the majority he wanted to become chair again.  Whether or not they sell the remaining shares is kind of like window dressing.

The trust have caved in (albeit to a formidable businessman), they are out of their depth business-wise.

I am in no way insulting the efforts of the trust, they are generally good people but they have been manipulated to do exactly what John wanted them to do!
Reply: 6 - 44
aldi_01
February 16, 2012, 12:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The trust are in a difficult position which I think most of us understand...

At te end of the day there'll be an outcome that we all knew would happen...fenty will gain control.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 44
roundballovalhole
February 16, 2012, 12:34pm
Guest User
Quoted from marinerjase
Grow up...no need for personal insults. The trust haven't made a decision..their members will. All you lot whingeing then you know what to do..join and vote. Simple.

You say Grow up. . . . . . and tell people not to be insulting.
You say the trust haven't made a decision . . . . but then say they were backed in to a corner.
People are allowed to whinge, 400 people chipping in a tenner would just about stretch to as second hand Mondeo, not the running of a football club.  It doesn't give ANYONE the right to make decisions about the running of GTFC.
Fenty has played the Trust like a cheap fiddle.  He says jump, the trust says how high?
Reply: 8 - 44
STB
February 16, 2012, 12:36pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from 1054

You say Grow up. . . . . . and tell people not to be insulting.
You say the trust haven't made a decision . . . . but then say they were backed in to a corner.
People are allowed to whinge, 400 people chipping in a tenner would just about stretch to as second hand Mondeo, not the running of a football club.  It doesn't give ANYONE the right to make decisions about the running of GTFC.
Fenty has played the Trust like a cheap fiddle.  He says jump, the trust says how high?

£4000 for a used Mondeo? I'll get you one loads cheaper.  

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 44
LeightonMariner
February 16, 2012, 12:39pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from STB

£4000 for a used Mondeo? I'll get you one loads cheaper.  

I see him more in a Skoda, pre VAG at that.

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 44
roundballovalhole
February 16, 2012, 12:41pm
Guest User
Quoted from LeightonMariner

I see him more in a Skoda, pre VAG at that.

Looking at your signature mate, I would suggest that you are very much Pre-Vag yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply: 11 - 44
Ya poosy
February 16, 2012, 12:42pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Quoted from pier39

I keep forgetting that we have lots of rich investors to choose from to bankroll the club.
Why don't you put up the money needed and then you can have more of a say.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 44
roundballovalhole
February 16, 2012, 12:43pm
Guest User
Owned
Reply: 13 - 44
LeightonMariner
February 16, 2012, 12:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from 1054

Looking at your signature mate, I would suggest that you are very much Pre-Vag yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did I mention being your mate?  My mates flip burgers and aspire to working on the tills with '4 star badge' status.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 44
Chris
February 16, 2012, 12:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Quoted from 1054

I think your limitations are the ones in evidence fella. . .Thank you for your confidence. I don't agree though. the voting process has come AFTER the decision made to hand over all voting rights thus giving fenty the majority he wanted to become chair again.  Whether or not they sell the remaining shares is kind of like window dressing. The voting rights have been transferred to the Chair of any AGM/EGM and NOT to John Fenty.

The trust have caved in (albeit to a formidable businessman), they are out of their depth business-wise. The Board had to act to safeguard the squad before the January deadline. This coupled with the above should demonstrate we not quite as naieve as you might imply. Much more than you know went on behind the scenes and this will be explaiined in due course

I am in no way insulting the efforts of the trust, they are generally good people but they have been manipulated to do exactly what John wanted them to do!I appreciate why you might have arrived at this conclusion.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 44
roundballovalhole
February 16, 2012, 12:58pm
Guest User
Quoted from LeightonMariner

Where did I mention being your mate?  My mates flip burgers and aspire to working on the tills with '4 star badge' status.  

Sorry Pre-Vag, I must clarify that I was using the word 'mate' in a very condescending way.  You are in no way my mate, you are irrelevant!
Reply: 16 - 44
cleefish
February 16, 2012, 1:00pm
L:incoln
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from 1054

I think your limitations are the ones in evidence fella. . . the voting process has come AFTER the decision made to hand over all voting rights thus giving fenty the majority he wanted to become chair again.  Whether or not they sell the remaining shares is kind of like window dressing.

The trust have caved in (albeit to a formidable businessman), they are out of their depth business-wise.

I am in no way insulting the efforts of the trust, they are generally good people but they have been manipulated to do exactly what John wanted them to do!

PHERHAPS YOUR RIGHT BUT WHICH WOULD YOU HAVE INCHARGE OF THE CLUB I KNOW WHO I WOULD HAVE a group of honest men (trust) who are trying their best but forsee a difficult future and have pheerhaps took the best way out IMHO for the club by excepting John  Fentys offer that wway making sure that they asnd we have a club for the for seeable future good work I will say. UTMM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 44
pontoonlew
February 16, 2012, 1:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 181
Let's get this one straight, the trust could never run this football club and if they did then we'd be resigning ourselves to life in this league. They do a great job raising funds and it's got a lot of people interested and it is a nice back-up just incase. But if they think somebody can do more with their money than they can and still have a large chunk of that money to keep away for desperate times, then good on them. It isn't a 'shambles' it's a couple of shrewd moves for the good of the club, first accepting the shares from Parker and secondly giving away 200k so the club can have 200k extra. Let us not forget that the trust never raised the money themselves, it was given to them and if they've managed to double the CLUBS money in that time then fantastic.

It shouldn't be a case of trust v the club, they both work as one and this is a good decision for the club.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 44
gaz57
February 16, 2012, 1:35pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
If Mr Fenty wants the shares why does'nt he buy them therefore giving the trust the funds to take a seat on the board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 44
aldi_01
February 16, 2012, 1:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
May be Fenty and the rest of the board don't want the trust on the board of directors, thus keeping it their little private club??? Or may be he trust don't want a place on the board...

I agree with pontoonlew, the trust wouldn't be able to run the club. I know some may say Fenty hasn't done the best job but we seem to be turning a corner, i agree that if the trust were to run the club i think it would be a life of non league football forever, that said, it could be under someone elses reign so who knows.

The timing isn't great but then when is a good time to do this?

People have their own opinions of supporters trusts, some hate them, some like them, some of us sit on the fence and just want the best for our club whoever is running it and making the decisions. I'm more concerned about winning tomorrow night and getting into them playoffs...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
LeightonMariner
February 16, 2012, 1:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from pontoonlew
Let's get this one straight, the trust could never run this football club and if they did then we'd be resigning ourselves to life in this league. They do a great job raising funds and it's got a lot of people interested and it is a nice back-up just incase. But if they think somebody can do more with their money than they can and still have a large chunk of that money to keep away for desperate times, then good on them. It isn't a 'shambles' it's a couple of shrewd moves for the good of the club, first accepting the shares from Parker and secondly giving away 200k so the club can have 200k extra. Let us not forget that the trust never raised the money themselves, it was given to them and if they've managed to double the CLUBS money in that time then fantastic.

It shouldn't be a case of trust v the club, they both work as one and this is a good decision for the club.

Different perspective and you're right, it does have some positives.  The Trust couldn't run the club in its present guise, nor do I think they want to.  The point that some have been making is that the Trust were gifted a significant shareholding, at face value it's looking like it could go to JF for nothing due to a few veiled threats.  That might not be the case and it could be the best possible deal available, I don't know all of the facts so my opinion is based on official statements which are notoriously flakey.

We just want a club don't we?  A club with a secure future than can elate and frustrate us?  Like all true Town fans I could go glory hunting elsewhere, but also like all true Town fans I never will.  Just get us into a position where we turn out 11 players who'll give everything, no public boardroom spats, no unnecessary politics and I think most of us will be happy.  I don't know if my recent Trust membership gets me a vote but if it does I'll be putting my vote to it's only real use, the clubs survival.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
aldi_01
February 16, 2012, 1:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Hav to agree with the above post, majority of us don't want all this public arguing and political games etc...i want my team to play every week. I want to see them succeed but part of me also wants them to exist...

If we aren't careful some us will start sounding like social workers...think of the club. The team, which is doing well at the minute is being pushed into the back ground, now is the time to push it forward and try and attract new fans or get those that left to come back...instead this just does the opposite as far as i can see

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
blundellpork
February 16, 2012, 9:07pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,683
Gold Stars: 34
Simple decision really.

Can the trust meet the clubs ongoing losses each season? No
Can Fenty meet them? Yes

Therefore correct decision is to give Fenty the shareholding he desires so as to ensure the club can continue.

Porky
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
OptimisticMariner
February 16, 2012, 10:11pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Quoted from blundellpork
Simple decision really.

Can the trust meet the clubs ongoing losses each season? No
Can Fenty meet them? Yes

Therefore correct decision is to give Fenty the shareholding he desires so as to ensure the club can continue.

Porky

Exactly!

It is so simple..there is not a queue of benefactors waiting in the wings ready to fund a loss making enterprise.  Who has the money?  Parker ?  David Ross?
They are not interested.  So why is there continued criticism of Fenty?  Yes, he wants everything his own way, but who could blame him.

RBOH (and the rest of your gang), get a fckn grip, how about offering something positive instead of constantly sniping and criticising everything, just to boost your own egos.

It's getting boring now, just being negative for the sake of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
davmariner
February 17, 2012, 1:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,987
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from OptimisticMariner

Exactly!

It is so simple..there is not a queue of benefactors waiting in the wings ready to fund a loss making enterprise.  Who has the money?  Parker ?  David Ross?
They are not interested.  So why is there continued criticism of Fenty?  Yes, he wants everything his own way, but who could blame him.

RBOH (and the rest of your gang), get a fckn grip, how about offering something positive instead of constantly sniping and criticising everything, just to boost your own egos.

It's getting boring now, just being negative for the sake of it.

Seems to me Roundballovalbumhole only pops up when there is an opportunity to spout negative excrement. Boring!

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
New South Wales Mariner
February 17, 2012, 3:00am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Quoted from aldi_01
Hav to agree with the above post, majority of us don't want all this public arguing and political games [color=blue][/color]etc...i want my team to play every week. I want to see them succeed but part of me also wants them to exist...

If we aren't careful some us will start sounding like social workers...think of the club. The team, which is doing well at the minute is being pushed into the back ground, now is the time to push it forward and try and attract new fans or get those that left to come back...instead this just does the opposite as far as i can see

What public arguing and politcal games? - The only agruing i see is between supporters on a message board? - I would be greatly concened if what people say on here effect the performance on the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
ponnyfan
February 17, 2012, 6:14am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
The most important issue here, is surely the survival and longevity of GTFC and not political in fighting.

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
lobsterpot
February 17, 2012, 8:45am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Jesus H Christ it's not rocket science! Apologies to the posters with more than half a brain cell when i state the obvious here but if you want a football club then back Fenty. You don't have to agree with anything he says but he has the cash so he holds the cards. Weather he has forced the trust into a corner, held a gun to their heads or blackmailed Big Chris into wearing his wife's thong is irrelevant! If you don't want a football club then carry on like a bunch of idiots! If we we're going under next week and Saddam Hussain came in with the cash he would get my vote! I don't agree with alot of Fenty's decision making like the majority of you and in hindsight i'm sure John himself wouldn't either but fact is money talks. The man can only try and nobody's perfect. The trust have YOUR best interests at heart so back them or go w a n k off about your Grimsby Borough season ticket when we are no longer in existence.

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
Sixpence
February 17, 2012, 8:53am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -6
Quoted from davmariner

Seems to me Roundballovalbumhole only pops up when there is an opportunity to spout negative excrement. Boring!

I wonder if this poster even goes to the games?  Pure drivel every time JF is in the public eye.  Why? It does no good what so ever.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
Trawler
February 17, 2012, 8:55am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from lobsterpot
Jesus H Christ it's not rocket science! Apologies to the posters with more than half a brain cell when i state the obvious here but if you want a football club then back Fenty. You don't have to agree with anything he says but he has the cash so he holds the cards. Weather he has forced the trust into a corner, held a gun to their heads or blackmailed Big Chris into wearing his wife's thong is irrelevant! If you don't want a football club then carry on like a bunch of idiots! If we we're going under next week and Saddam Hussain came in with the cash he would get my vote! I don't agree with alot of Fenty's decision making like the majority of you and in hindsight i'm sure John himself wouldn't either but fact is money talks. The man can only try and nobody's perfect. The trust have YOUR best interests at heart so back them or go w a n k off about your Grimsby Borough season ticket when we are no longer in existence.

Or Lobsterpot what about going back to the negotiating table with JF and getting a better deal for the Trust in exchange for the shares i.e. a seat on the board?

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 44
lobsterpot
February 17, 2012, 9:09am

Table Wine Drinker
That's fair point Trawler. Only problem is it's blatantly obvious that the Trust is not wanted on the board for whatever reason. They are not stupid people are they. This is not Dilly Graham heading the table. I'm sure they have enquired to get on their already m8. Also, if the re-negotiations come to nothing and JF tells the Trust to ram it, where does that leave us? I do agree tho' that maybe there should be more time given to make certain decisions. Maybe, taking into account the Bennett and possible Hearn news, postpone for a while and have another look in a few months? Or is that just wishful thinking cos' JF makes the rules?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 44
Marinerz93
February 17, 2012, 9:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Trawler

Quoted from lobsterpot

Or Lobsterpot what about going back to the negotiating table with JF and getting a better deal for the Trust in exchange for the shares i.e. a seat on the board?

Know your place, only people with more than half a brain cell can make bold statements, it's not rocket science  

Lobsterpot ever heard of the story about The Pied Piper of Hamelin or the The Scorpion and the Frog  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 44
lobsterpot
February 17, 2012, 9:10am

Table Wine Drinker
Oh and i'd just like to apologise in advance to Dilly Graham if he reads this as i know he posts on here as WOZOFGRIMSBY. Please don't take offence i'm only playin' silly buggers

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 44
Trawler
February 17, 2012, 9:15am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from lobsterpot
That's fair point Trawler. Only problem is it's blatantly obvious that the Trust is not wanted on the board for whatever reason. They are not stupid people are they. This is not Dilly Graham heading the table. I'm sure they have enquired to get on their already m8. Also, if the re-negotiations come to nothing and JF tells the Trust to ram it, where does that leave us? I do agree tho' that maybe there should be more time given to make certain decisions. Maybe, taking into account the Bennett and possible Hearn news, postpone for a while and have another look in a few months? Or is that just wishful thinking cos' JF makes the rules?

LP I'm not sure that it's entirely true to say the "Trust is not wanted on the board forever reason".  I stand to be corrected, but I think in the past the only sticking point about a seat on the board is that the GTFC wanted the Trust to put up funds (to the tune of £150,000 was it?) in exchange for a seat on the board - a sum which was well out of the Trust's range. Arguably  this was a sum designed to prevent it ever happening, but have a look at the proposition for selling some shares to Fenty on the other thread. I think it's an interesting one.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 44
lobsterpot
February 17, 2012, 9:16am

Table Wine Drinker
Never heard the scorpion and the frog one but does sound good. Does it start with the scorpion being hard as nails, having the best looking chick and wads of wonga and then end with the frog doin' his bird whilst the scorpion is forced to watch and then clean the ' frogspawn ' up orally?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 44
Marinerz93
February 17, 2012, 9:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from lobsterpot
Never heard the scorpion and the frog one but does sound good. Does it start with the scorpion being hard as nails, having the best looking chick and wads of wonga and then end with the frog doin' his bird whilst the scorpion is forced to watch and then clean the ' frogspawn ' up orally?

No, not the orginal one anyway, maybe you could put the link up for 'research purposes' of the one you've watched  

Private Message
Reply: 36 - 44
lobsterpot
February 17, 2012, 9:23am

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

No, not the orginal one anyway, maybe you could put the link up for 'research purposes' of the one you've watched  

Nice

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 44
ginnywings
February 17, 2012, 10:19am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Trawler

LP I'm not sure that it's entirely true to say the "Trust is not wanted on the board forever reason".  I stand to be corrected, but I think in the past the only sticking point about a seat on the board is that the GTFC wanted the Trust to put up funds (to the tune of £150,000 was it?) in exchange for a seat on the board - a sum which was well out of the Trust's range. Arguably  this was a sum designed to prevent it ever happening, but have a look at the proposition for selling some shares to Fenty on the other thread. I think it's an interesting one.

I'm inclined to think this was Parkers intention all along.He knew that JF wouldn't have enough shares for overall control and in handing over a significant amount to the trust,he would give them some bargaining power to acquire a seat on the board,using the shares as leverage.

I'm with you and others on this,who think the Trust should push for a seat on the board while they have a bit of negotiating power behind them.

I also think fans would be more inclined to join the Trust if they knew their wishes were represented at board level

JF has said that he has no problem with a Trust representative on the board,but if he is insisting on £150,000 to gain that seat,then he knows it's never going to happen,as the shares have no monetary value,unless he buys them from the Trust,or waives the "entrance fee" in return for enough shares to have overall control.

I think the Trust members should beware,because once Fenty gains overall control again,he could just shut the door on things.I'm not saying that he will,but the opportunity to force his hand may have gone and i think Hearn will be sold whatever happens,so that should not be an issue.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 44
Garth
February 17, 2012, 10:20am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from pontoonlew

Good post I agree
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 44
Garth
February 17, 2012, 10:27am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27

What public arguing and politcal games? - The only agruing i see is between supporters on a message board? - I would be greatly concened if what people say on here effect the performance on the pitch.

Yes but you haven`t taken into account that the Fishy runs the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 44
Trawler
February 17, 2012, 10:28am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

I'm with you and others on this,who think the Trust should push for a seat on the board while they have a bit of negotiating power behind them.

I also think fans would be more inclined to join the Trust if they knew their wishes were represented at board level

Too right ginnywings. There's never been a better time to negotiate. Right now The Trust have something Mr Fenty wants. Hand over 200,000 shares and their position is significantly weakened. It's the perfect bargaining chip to gain a seat on the board. And I don't really see how Mr Fenty (or the rest of the board) loses out - especially if there's a cash for shares exchange with the funds ploughed back into GTFC.

I also fundamentally agree with your second point above. Seat on the board = more Trust members = more funds which could (and should) be used to the benefit of GTFC.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 44
cleefish
February 17, 2012, 10:42am
L:incoln
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +6

IMHO I Do belive the trust as people at the head of it who have enough brain power between them to not be rode rough shot over them.
I reckon that at the moment gtfc is run better and is performing better than for a long time  FENTY as made many mistakes but to me he is honest in hid dealings with the club otherwise why would he pour all his own money into a bottomless pit my thoughts on that is because like many of us he loves and cares about the club.
I know people off the imps board and know they are in one hell of a mss and I bet they wish they had their own Mr  Fenty so let us all be thankful I am.UTMM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 44
marinerjase
February 17, 2012, 11:00am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,713
Gold Stars: 156
Quoted from lobsterpot

With all due respect mate that argument bores me as much as the previous stated does you. John Fenty has the money..yes..agreed, but he isn't the be all and end all. It's Grimsby Town FC not John Fenty FC. Contrary to popular opinion we won't fade into oblivion if he doesn't get his own way right now. He's got as much to lose as anyone, hence this latest developments that have been rumbling along for a few weeks. There's absolutely no need to bow down to his wishes in acting fast, in fact I'm not sure we should agree to anything as it stands. He'll still be here in May and so will we. Don't be brow beaten (that's especially for you Sonic ) and only agree when everything is right for the Trust and it's members. Don't rush in now because one person, albeit the key one, threatens to not support it anymore if you don't agree now.  

#I'm also not convinced we'd fall down like a pack of cards without him as some feel. Too much history, too big a name (daft as that sounds where we are now) and if it came down to a situ like Darlo for example I'm convinced we'd survive. (not that I'm advocating such a move by anyone involved..)

In summary - fight for your rights/support/club/history and don't have a guilty conscience in doing so. Things can be agreed over time.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 44
forza ivano
February 17, 2012, 11:06am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from marinerjase

With all due respect mate that argument bores me as much as the previous stated does you. John Fenty has the money..yes..agreed, but he isn't the be all and end all. It's Grimsby Town FC not John Fenty FC. Contrary to popular opinion we won't fade into oblivion if he doesn't get his own way right now. He's got as much to lose as anyone, hence this latest developments that have been rumbling along for a few weeks. There's absolutely no need to bow down to his wishes in acting fast, in fact I'm not sure we should agree to anything as it stands. He'll still be here in May and so will we. Don't be brow beaten (that's especially for you Sonic ) and only agree when everything is right for the Trust and it's members. Don't rush in now because one person, albeit the key one, threatens to not support it anymore if you don't agree now.  

#I'm also not convinced we'd fall down like a pack of cards without him as some feel. Too much history, too big a name (daft as that sounds where we are now) and if it came down to a situ like Darlo for example I'm convinced we'd survive. (not that I'm advocating such a move by anyone involved..)

In summary - fight for your rights/support/club/history and don't have a guilty conscience in doing so. Things can be agreed over time.

good post jase

TRAWLER - looks like another recruit for your 'third way' movement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 44
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › the trust is a shambles

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.