5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
February 16, 2012, 1:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
May be Fenty and the rest of the board don't want the trust on the board of directors, thus keeping it their little private club??? Or may be he trust don't want a place on the board...

I agree with pontoonlew, the trust wouldn't be able to run the club. I know some may say Fenty hasn't done the best job but we seem to be turning a corner, i agree that if the trust were to run the club i think it would be a life of non league football forever, that said, it could be under someone elses reign so who knows.

The timing isn't great but then when is a good time to do this?

People have their own opinions of supporters trusts, some hate them, some like them, some of us sit on the fence and just want the best for our club whoever is running it and making the decisions. I'm more concerned about winning tomorrow night and getting into them playoffs...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
LeightonMariner
February 16, 2012, 1:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from pontoonlew
Let's get this one straight, the trust could never run this football club and if they did then we'd be resigning ourselves to life in this league. They do a great job raising funds and it's got a lot of people interested and it is a nice back-up just incase. But if they think somebody can do more with their money than they can and still have a large chunk of that money to keep away for desperate times, then good on them. It isn't a 'shambles' it's a couple of shrewd moves for the good of the club, first accepting the shares from Parker and secondly giving away 200k so the club can have 200k extra. Let us not forget that the trust never raised the money themselves, it was given to them and if they've managed to double the CLUBS money in that time then fantastic.

It shouldn't be a case of trust v the club, they both work as one and this is a good decision for the club.

Different perspective and you're right, it does have some positives.  The Trust couldn't run the club in its present guise, nor do I think they want to.  The point that some have been making is that the Trust were gifted a significant shareholding, at face value it's looking like it could go to JF for nothing due to a few veiled threats.  That might not be the case and it could be the best possible deal available, I don't know all of the facts so my opinion is based on official statements which are notoriously flakey.

We just want a club don't we?  A club with a secure future than can elate and frustrate us?  Like all true Town fans I could go glory hunting elsewhere, but also like all true Town fans I never will.  Just get us into a position where we turn out 11 players who'll give everything, no public boardroom spats, no unnecessary politics and I think most of us will be happy.  I don't know if my recent Trust membership gets me a vote but if it does I'll be putting my vote to it's only real use, the clubs survival.

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
aldi_01
February 16, 2012, 1:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Hav to agree with the above post, majority of us don't want all this public arguing and political games etc...i want my team to play every week. I want to see them succeed but part of me also wants them to exist...

If we aren't careful some us will start sounding like social workers...think of the club. The team, which is doing well at the minute is being pushed into the back ground, now is the time to push it forward and try and attract new fans or get those that left to come back...instead this just does the opposite as far as i can see

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
blundellpork
February 16, 2012, 9:07pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,683
Gold Stars: 34
Simple decision really.

Can the trust meet the clubs ongoing losses each season? No
Can Fenty meet them? Yes

Therefore correct decision is to give Fenty the shareholding he desires so as to ensure the club can continue.

Porky
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
OptimisticMariner
February 16, 2012, 10:11pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Quoted from blundellpork
Simple decision really.

Can the trust meet the clubs ongoing losses each season? No
Can Fenty meet them? Yes

Therefore correct decision is to give Fenty the shareholding he desires so as to ensure the club can continue.

Porky

Exactly!

It is so simple..there is not a queue of benefactors waiting in the wings ready to fund a loss making enterprise.  Who has the money?  Parker ?  David Ross?
They are not interested.  So why is there continued criticism of Fenty?  Yes, he wants everything his own way, but who could blame him.

RBOH (and the rest of your gang), get a fckn grip, how about offering something positive instead of constantly sniping and criticising everything, just to boost your own egos.

It's getting boring now, just being negative for the sake of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
davmariner
February 17, 2012, 1:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,987
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from OptimisticMariner

Exactly!

It is so simple..there is not a queue of benefactors waiting in the wings ready to fund a loss making enterprise.  Who has the money?  Parker ?  David Ross?
They are not interested.  So why is there continued criticism of Fenty?  Yes, he wants everything his own way, but who could blame him.

RBOH (and the rest of your gang), get a fckn grip, how about offering something positive instead of constantly sniping and criticising everything, just to boost your own egos.

It's getting boring now, just being negative for the sake of it.

Seems to me Roundballovalbumhole only pops up when there is an opportunity to spout negative excrement. Boring!

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
New South Wales Mariner
February 17, 2012, 3:00am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Quoted from aldi_01
Hav to agree with the above post, majority of us don't want all this public arguing and political games [color=blue][/color]etc...i want my team to play every week. I want to see them succeed but part of me also wants them to exist...

If we aren't careful some us will start sounding like social workers...think of the club. The team, which is doing well at the minute is being pushed into the back ground, now is the time to push it forward and try and attract new fans or get those that left to come back...instead this just does the opposite as far as i can see

What public arguing and politcal games? - The only agruing i see is between supporters on a message board? - I would be greatly concened if what people say on here effect the performance on the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
ponnyfan
February 17, 2012, 6:14am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
The most important issue here, is surely the survival and longevity of GTFC and not political in fighting.

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
lobsterpot
February 17, 2012, 8:45am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Jesus H Christ it's not rocket science! Apologies to the posters with more than half a brain cell when i state the obvious here but if you want a football club then back Fenty. You don't have to agree with anything he says but he has the cash so he holds the cards. Weather he has forced the trust into a corner, held a gun to their heads or blackmailed Big Chris into wearing his wife's thong is irrelevant! If you don't want a football club then carry on like a bunch of idiots! If we we're going under next week and Saddam Hussain came in with the cash he would get my vote! I don't agree with alot of Fenty's decision making like the majority of you and in hindsight i'm sure John himself wouldn't either but fact is money talks. The man can only try and nobody's perfect. The trust have YOUR best interests at heart so back them or go w a n k off about your Grimsby Borough season ticket when we are no longer in existence.

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
Sixpence
February 17, 2012, 8:53am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -6
Quoted from davmariner

Seems to me Roundballovalbumhole only pops up when there is an opportunity to spout negative excrement. Boring!

I wonder if this poster even goes to the games?  Pure drivel every time JF is in the public eye.  Why? It does no good what so ever.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › the trust is a shambles

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.