This thread currently has 3,487 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
pier39
February 16, 2012, 12:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: +1
as predicted by many they have caved in to fenty(con) at the earliest opportunity,fuk me even i thought  they would last a bit longer   stick to catering issues and painting the bogs clearly being turned over by tory boy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Chris
February 16, 2012, 12:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Quoted from pier39
as predicted by many they have caved in to fenty(con) at the earliest opportunity,fuk me even i thought  they would last a bit longer   stick to catering issues and painting the bogs clearly being turned over by tory boy.

Haha. Which part of the voting/balloting process do you not understand fella? The Trust have not caved in to anyone, they've simply negotiated and come up with a proposal. It's now within the power of the membership to decide is this proposal should be adopted or not.

Hardly rocket science but I appreciate people with limitations may struggle to understand the concept.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 44
marinerjase
February 16, 2012, 12:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,713
Gold Stars: 156
Grow up...no need for personal insults. The trust haven't made a decision..their members will. All you lot whingeing then you know what to do..join and vote. Simple.

ps. They were backed into a corner.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 44
pier39
February 16, 2012, 12:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Chris

Haha. Which part of the voting/balloting process do you not understand fella? The Trust have not caved in to anyone, they've simply negotiated and come up with a proposal. It's now within the power of the membership to decide is this proposal should be adopted or not.

Hardly rocket science but I appreciate people with limitations may struggle to understand the concept.

really.....a couple of seasons down the rd you and your cronies will realise what theyve done
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 44
Marinerz93
February 16, 2012, 12:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from marinerjase

With a loaded gun and cattle prod.

marinerjase is right, lay off the trust.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 44
pier39
February 16, 2012, 12:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

With a loaded gun and cattle prod.

marinerjase is right, lay off the trust.

loaded gun maybe but clearly the deck folded before fenty even looked at his cards
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 44
roundballovalhole
February 16, 2012, 12:29pm
Guest User
Quoted from Chris

I think your limitations are the ones in evidence fella. . . the voting process has come AFTER the decision made to hand over all voting rights thus giving fenty the majority he wanted to become chair again.  Whether or not they sell the remaining shares is kind of like window dressing.

The trust have caved in (albeit to a formidable businessman), they are out of their depth business-wise.

I am in no way insulting the efforts of the trust, they are generally good people but they have been manipulated to do exactly what John wanted them to do!
Reply: 6 - 44
aldi_01
February 16, 2012, 12:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The trust are in a difficult position which I think most of us understand...

At te end of the day there'll be an outcome that we all knew would happen...fenty will gain control.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 44
roundballovalhole
February 16, 2012, 12:34pm
Guest User
Quoted from marinerjase
Grow up...no need for personal insults. The trust haven't made a decision..their members will. All you lot whingeing then you know what to do..join and vote. Simple.

You say Grow up. . . . . . and tell people not to be insulting.
You say the trust haven't made a decision . . . . but then say they were backed in to a corner.
People are allowed to whinge, 400 people chipping in a tenner would just about stretch to as second hand Mondeo, not the running of a football club.  It doesn't give ANYONE the right to make decisions about the running of GTFC.
Fenty has played the Trust like a cheap fiddle.  He says jump, the trust says how high?
Reply: 8 - 44
STB
February 16, 2012, 12:36pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from 1054

You say Grow up. . . . . . and tell people not to be insulting.
You say the trust haven't made a decision . . . . but then say they were backed in to a corner.
People are allowed to whinge, 400 people chipping in a tenner would just about stretch to as second hand Mondeo, not the running of a football club.  It doesn't give ANYONE the right to make decisions about the running of GTFC.
Fenty has played the Trust like a cheap fiddle.  He says jump, the trust says how high?

£4000 for a used Mondeo? I'll get you one loads cheaper.  

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 44
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › the trust is a shambles

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.