This thread currently has 3,483 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
LeightonMariner
February 16, 2012, 12:39pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from STB

£4000 for a used Mondeo? I'll get you one loads cheaper.  

I see him more in a Skoda, pre VAG at that.

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 44
roundballovalhole
February 16, 2012, 12:41pm
Guest User
Quoted from LeightonMariner

I see him more in a Skoda, pre VAG at that.

Looking at your signature mate, I would suggest that you are very much Pre-Vag yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply: 11 - 44
Ya poosy
February 16, 2012, 12:42pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Quoted from pier39
as predicted by many they have caved in to fenty(con) at the earliest opportunity,fuk me even i thought  they would last a bit longer   stick to catering issues and painting the bogs clearly being turned over by tory boy.

I keep forgetting that we have lots of rich investors to choose from to bankroll the club.
Why don't you put up the money needed and then you can have more of a say.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 44
roundballovalhole
February 16, 2012, 12:43pm
Guest User
Owned
Reply: 13 - 44
LeightonMariner
February 16, 2012, 12:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from 1054

Looking at your signature mate, I would suggest that you are very much Pre-Vag yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did I mention being your mate?  My mates flip burgers and aspire to working on the tills with '4 star badge' status.  

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 44
Chris
February 16, 2012, 12:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from 1054

I think your limitations are the ones in evidence fella. . .Thank you for your confidence. I don't agree though. the voting process has come AFTER the decision made to hand over all voting rights thus giving fenty the majority he wanted to become chair again.  Whether or not they sell the remaining shares is kind of like window dressing. The voting rights have been transferred to the Chair of any AGM/EGM and NOT to John Fenty.

The trust have caved in (albeit to a formidable businessman), they are out of their depth business-wise. The Board had to act to safeguard the squad before the January deadline. This coupled with the above should demonstrate we not quite as naieve as you might imply. Much more than you know went on behind the scenes and this will be explaiined in due course

I am in no way insulting the efforts of the trust, they are generally good people but they have been manipulated to do exactly what John wanted them to do!I appreciate why you might have arrived at this conclusion.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 44
roundballovalhole
February 16, 2012, 12:58pm
Guest User
Quoted from LeightonMariner

Where did I mention being your mate?  My mates flip burgers and aspire to working on the tills with '4 star badge' status.  

Sorry Pre-Vag, I must clarify that I was using the word 'mate' in a very condescending way.  You are in no way my mate, you are irrelevant!
Reply: 16 - 44
cleefish
February 16, 2012, 1:00pm
L:incoln
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from 1054

I think your limitations are the ones in evidence fella. . . the voting process has come AFTER the decision made to hand over all voting rights thus giving fenty the majority he wanted to become chair again.  Whether or not they sell the remaining shares is kind of like window dressing.

The trust have caved in (albeit to a formidable businessman), they are out of their depth business-wise.

I am in no way insulting the efforts of the trust, they are generally good people but they have been manipulated to do exactly what John wanted them to do!

PHERHAPS YOUR RIGHT BUT WHICH WOULD YOU HAVE INCHARGE OF THE CLUB I KNOW WHO I WOULD HAVE a group of honest men (trust) who are trying their best but forsee a difficult future and have pheerhaps took the best way out IMHO for the club by excepting John  Fentys offer that wway making sure that they asnd we have a club for the for seeable future good work I will say. UTMM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 44
pontoonlew
February 16, 2012, 1:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 181
Let's get this one straight, the trust could never run this football club and if they did then we'd be resigning ourselves to life in this league. They do a great job raising funds and it's got a lot of people interested and it is a nice back-up just incase. But if they think somebody can do more with their money than they can and still have a large chunk of that money to keep away for desperate times, then good on them. It isn't a 'shambles' it's a couple of shrewd moves for the good of the club, first accepting the shares from Parker and secondly giving away 200k so the club can have 200k extra. Let us not forget that the trust never raised the money themselves, it was given to them and if they've managed to double the CLUBS money in that time then fantastic.

It shouldn't be a case of trust v the club, they both work as one and this is a good decision for the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 44
gaz57
February 16, 2012, 1:35pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
If Mr Fenty wants the shares why does'nt he buy them therefore giving the trust the funds to take a seat on the board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › the trust is a shambles

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.