Trawler
February 17, 2012, 8:55am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from lobsterpot
Jesus H Christ it's not rocket science! Apologies to the posters with more than half a brain cell when i state the obvious here but if you want a football club then back Fenty. You don't have to agree with anything he says but he has the cash so he holds the cards. Weather he has forced the trust into a corner, held a gun to their heads or blackmailed Big Chris into wearing his wife's thong is irrelevant! If you don't want a football club then carry on like a bunch of idiots! If we we're going under next week and Saddam Hussain came in with the cash he would get my vote! I don't agree with alot of Fenty's decision making like the majority of you and in hindsight i'm sure John himself wouldn't either but fact is money talks. The man can only try and nobody's perfect. The trust have YOUR best interests at heart so back them or go w a n k off about your Grimsby Borough season ticket when we are no longer in existence.

Or Lobsterpot what about going back to the negotiating table with JF and getting a better deal for the Trust in exchange for the shares i.e. a seat on the board?

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 44
lobsterpot
February 17, 2012, 9:09am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
That's fair point Trawler. Only problem is it's blatantly obvious that the Trust is not wanted on the board for whatever reason. They are not stupid people are they. This is not Dilly Graham heading the table. I'm sure they have enquired to get on their already m8. Also, if the re-negotiations come to nothing and JF tells the Trust to ram it, where does that leave us? I do agree tho' that maybe there should be more time given to make certain decisions. Maybe, taking into account the Bennett and possible Hearn news, postpone for a while and have another look in a few months? Or is that just wishful thinking cos' JF makes the rules?

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 44
Marinerz93
February 17, 2012, 9:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Trawler

Quoted from lobsterpot
Jesus H Christ it's not rocket science! Apologies to the posters with more than half a brain cell when i state the obvious here but if you want a football club then back Fenty. You don't have to agree with anything he says but he has the cash so he holds the cards. Weather he has forced the trust into a corner, held a gun to their heads or blackmailed Big Chris into wearing his wife's thong is irrelevant! If you don't want a football club then carry on like a bunch of idiots! If we we're going under next week and Saddam Hussain came in with the cash he would get my vote! I don't agree with alot of Fenty's decision making like the majority of you and in hindsight i'm sure John himself wouldn't either but fact is money talks. The man can only try and nobody's perfect. The trust have YOUR best interests at heart so back them or go w a n k off about your Grimsby Borough season ticket when we are no longer in existence.

Or Lobsterpot what about going back to the negotiating table with JF and getting a better deal for the Trust in exchange for the shares i.e. a seat on the board?

Know your place, only people with more than half a brain cell can make bold statements, it's not rocket science  

Lobsterpot ever heard of the story about The Pied Piper of Hamelin or the The Scorpion and the Frog  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 44
lobsterpot
February 17, 2012, 9:10am

Table Wine Drinker
Oh and i'd just like to apologise in advance to Dilly Graham if he reads this as i know he posts on here as WOZOFGRIMSBY. Please don't take offence i'm only playin' silly buggers

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 44
Trawler
February 17, 2012, 9:15am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from lobsterpot
That's fair point Trawler. Only problem is it's blatantly obvious that the Trust is not wanted on the board for whatever reason. They are not stupid people are they. This is not Dilly Graham heading the table. I'm sure they have enquired to get on their already m8. Also, if the re-negotiations come to nothing and JF tells the Trust to ram it, where does that leave us? I do agree tho' that maybe there should be more time given to make certain decisions. Maybe, taking into account the Bennett and possible Hearn news, postpone for a while and have another look in a few months? Or is that just wishful thinking cos' JF makes the rules?

LP I'm not sure that it's entirely true to say the "Trust is not wanted on the board forever reason".  I stand to be corrected, but I think in the past the only sticking point about a seat on the board is that the GTFC wanted the Trust to put up funds (to the tune of £150,000 was it?) in exchange for a seat on the board - a sum which was well out of the Trust's range. Arguably  this was a sum designed to prevent it ever happening, but have a look at the proposition for selling some shares to Fenty on the other thread. I think it's an interesting one.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 44
lobsterpot
February 17, 2012, 9:16am

Table Wine Drinker
Never heard the scorpion and the frog one but does sound good. Does it start with the scorpion being hard as nails, having the best looking chick and wads of wonga and then end with the frog doin' his bird whilst the scorpion is forced to watch and then clean the ' frogspawn ' up orally?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 44
Marinerz93
February 17, 2012, 9:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from lobsterpot
Never heard the scorpion and the frog one but does sound good. Does it start with the scorpion being hard as nails, having the best looking chick and wads of wonga and then end with the frog doin' his bird whilst the scorpion is forced to watch and then clean the ' frogspawn ' up orally?

No, not the orginal one anyway, maybe you could put the link up for 'research purposes' of the one you've watched  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 44
lobsterpot
February 17, 2012, 9:23am

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

No, not the orginal one anyway, maybe you could put the link up for 'research purposes' of the one you've watched  

Nice

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 44
ginnywings
February 17, 2012, 10:19am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Trawler

LP I'm not sure that it's entirely true to say the "Trust is not wanted on the board forever reason".  I stand to be corrected, but I think in the past the only sticking point about a seat on the board is that the GTFC wanted the Trust to put up funds (to the tune of £150,000 was it?) in exchange for a seat on the board - a sum which was well out of the Trust's range. Arguably  this was a sum designed to prevent it ever happening, but have a look at the proposition for selling some shares to Fenty on the other thread. I think it's an interesting one.

I'm inclined to think this was Parkers intention all along.He knew that JF wouldn't have enough shares for overall control and in handing over a significant amount to the trust,he would give them some bargaining power to acquire a seat on the board,using the shares as leverage.

I'm with you and others on this,who think the Trust should push for a seat on the board while they have a bit of negotiating power behind them.

I also think fans would be more inclined to join the Trust if they knew their wishes were represented at board level

JF has said that he has no problem with a Trust representative on the board,but if he is insisting on £150,000 to gain that seat,then he knows it's never going to happen,as the shares have no monetary value,unless he buys them from the Trust,or waives the "entrance fee" in return for enough shares to have overall control.

I think the Trust members should beware,because once Fenty gains overall control again,he could just shut the door on things.I'm not saying that he will,but the opportunity to force his hand may have gone and i think Hearn will be sold whatever happens,so that should not be an issue.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 44
Garth
February 17, 2012, 10:20am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from pontoonlew
Let's get this one straight, the trust could never run this football club and if they did then we'd be resigning ourselves to life in this league. They do a great job raising funds and it's got a lot of people interested and it is a nice back-up just incase. But if they think somebody can do more with their money than they can and still have a large chunk of that money to keep away for desperate times, then good on them. It isn't a 'shambles' it's a couple of shrewd moves for the good of the club, first accepting the shares from Parker and secondly giving away 200k so the club can have 200k extra. Let us not forget that the trust never raised the money themselves, it was given to them and if they've managed to double the CLUBS money in that time then fantastic.

It shouldn't be a case of trust v the club, they both work as one and this is a good decision for the club.

Good post I agree
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › the trust is a shambles

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.