5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Garth
February 17, 2012, 10:27am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27

What public arguing and politcal games? - The only agruing i see is between supporters on a message board? - I would be greatly concened if what people say on here effect the performance on the pitch.

Yes but you haven`t taken into account that the Fishy runs the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 44
Trawler
February 17, 2012, 10:28am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from ginnywings

I'm with you and others on this,who think the Trust should push for a seat on the board while they have a bit of negotiating power behind them.

I also think fans would be more inclined to join the Trust if they knew their wishes were represented at board level

Too right ginnywings. There's never been a better time to negotiate. Right now The Trust have something Mr Fenty wants. Hand over 200,000 shares and their position is significantly weakened. It's the perfect bargaining chip to gain a seat on the board. And I don't really see how Mr Fenty (or the rest of the board) loses out - especially if there's a cash for shares exchange with the funds ploughed back into GTFC.

I also fundamentally agree with your second point above. Seat on the board = more Trust members = more funds which could (and should) be used to the benefit of GTFC.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 44
cleefish
February 17, 2012, 10:42am
L:incoln
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +6

IMHO I Do belive the trust as people at the head of it who have enough brain power between them to not be rode rough shot over them.
I reckon that at the moment gtfc is run better and is performing better than for a long time  FENTY as made many mistakes but to me he is honest in hid dealings with the club otherwise why would he pour all his own money into a bottomless pit my thoughts on that is because like many of us he loves and cares about the club.
I know people off the imps board and know they are in one hell of a mss and I bet they wish they had their own Mr  Fenty so let us all be thankful I am.UTMM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 44
marinerjase
February 17, 2012, 11:00am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,713
Gold Stars: 156
Quoted from lobsterpot
Jesus H Christ it's not rocket science! Apologies to the posters with more than half a brain cell when i state the obvious here but if you want a football club then back Fenty. You don't have to agree with anything he says but he has the cash so he holds the cards. Weather he has forced the trust into a corner, held a gun to their heads or blackmailed Big Chris into wearing his wife's thong is irrelevant! If you don't want a football club then carry on like a bunch of idiots! If we we're going under next week and Saddam Hussain came in with the cash he would get my vote! I don't agree with alot of Fenty's decision making like the majority of you and in hindsight i'm sure John himself wouldn't either but fact is money talks. The man can only try and nobody's perfect. The trust have YOUR best interests at heart so back them or go w a n k off about your Grimsby Borough season ticket when we are no longer in existence.

With all due respect mate that argument bores me as much as the previous stated does you. John Fenty has the money..yes..agreed, but he isn't the be all and end all. It's Grimsby Town FC not John Fenty FC. Contrary to popular opinion we won't fade into oblivion if he doesn't get his own way right now. He's got as much to lose as anyone, hence this latest developments that have been rumbling along for a few weeks. There's absolutely no need to bow down to his wishes in acting fast, in fact I'm not sure we should agree to anything as it stands. He'll still be here in May and so will we. Don't be brow beaten (that's especially for you Sonic ) and only agree when everything is right for the Trust and it's members. Don't rush in now because one person, albeit the key one, threatens to not support it anymore if you don't agree now.  

#I'm also not convinced we'd fall down like a pack of cards without him as some feel. Too much history, too big a name (daft as that sounds where we are now) and if it came down to a situ like Darlo for example I'm convinced we'd survive. (not that I'm advocating such a move by anyone involved..)

In summary - fight for your rights/support/club/history and don't have a guilty conscience in doing so. Things can be agreed over time.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 44
forza ivano
February 17, 2012, 11:06am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from marinerjase

With all due respect mate that argument bores me as much as the previous stated does you. John Fenty has the money..yes..agreed, but he isn't the be all and end all. It's Grimsby Town FC not John Fenty FC. Contrary to popular opinion we won't fade into oblivion if he doesn't get his own way right now. He's got as much to lose as anyone, hence this latest developments that have been rumbling along for a few weeks. There's absolutely no need to bow down to his wishes in acting fast, in fact I'm not sure we should agree to anything as it stands. He'll still be here in May and so will we. Don't be brow beaten (that's especially for you Sonic ) and only agree when everything is right for the Trust and it's members. Don't rush in now because one person, albeit the key one, threatens to not support it anymore if you don't agree now.  

#I'm also not convinced we'd fall down like a pack of cards without him as some feel. Too much history, too big a name (daft as that sounds where we are now) and if it came down to a situ like Darlo for example I'm convinced we'd survive. (not that I'm advocating such a move by anyone involved..)

In summary - fight for your rights/support/club/history and don't have a guilty conscience in doing so. Things can be agreed over time.

good post jase

TRAWLER - looks like another recruit for your 'third way' movement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › the trust is a shambles

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.