Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Mike Parker donated 500,000 shares...
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 19 Guests

Mike Parker donated 500,000 shares...

This thread currently has 18,843 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
psgmariner
October 1, 2011, 8:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from 1600
Becasue that statement I made that was true came as a result of the statement Dave Otter made that was also true ?
Not sure what you don't understand or what else I can say tbh.
I get the impression you're arguing the toss for the sake of it.

Just re- read the posts you dummy.

Private Message
Reply: 60 - 94
BIGChris
October 1, 2011, 9:04am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from mariner2000
I think this proves that MP clearly has no desire to run the club or invest further which was JF's point from the start I  believe.  If he doesn't want the work or the cost then don't be the owner.

WHS

I had hoped that MP would have the desire to take control but it now looks like that isnt, and perhaps never was, the case
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 94
petethemariner
October 1, 2011, 9:17am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from mariner2000
I think this proves that MP clearly has no desire to run the club or invest further which was JF's point from the star I  believe.  If he doesn't want the work or the cost then don't be the owner.

I just hope that JF hasn't had time to think better of running the club and throwing further money away!

I fear that is precisely what he is doing! I have felt all along that JF now wants out and both he and MP are now just chucking the 'hot potato' that is Grimsby Town Football Club to each other with a series of
manouveres, aimed at lumbering one of them with the club.
Unless one of them has a so far hidden, ultra devious plan, we are in dire trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 94
GrimRob
October 1, 2011, 9:29am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
He should have given the half million shares to this forum. We could have divided them upon based upon number of posts and reputation  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 63 - 94
80sglory
October 1, 2011, 9:31am
Guest User
Quoted from psgmariner
Just re- read the posts you dummy.

Just what is your problem ?
I don't even know what you're on about.
Reply: 64 - 94
mariner2000
October 1, 2011, 10:05am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from GrimRob
He should have given the half million shares to this forum. We could have divided them upon based upon number of posts and reputation  

LOL one thing you could never accuse the Fishy of is under-promotion or lack of self confidence!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 65 - 94
wigworld
October 1, 2011, 10:57am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
We don't need shares, do we? I thought we ran the club anyway!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 66 - 94
realityman
October 1, 2011, 11:06am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +9 / -69
Approval: +1
some muppett on here as said "thanks for ruining our club mike" . what a complete moron you are. the club has been ruined by years of mis management and some people on here can still not see it. this whole thing has been a fenty sting. if you do not see it well more fool you. i have never been more ashamed to be from this town. it is full of inbred idiot's.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 94
Super Clive
October 1, 2011, 11:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from realityman
some muppett on here as said "thanks for ruining our club mike" . what a complete moron you are. the club has been ruined by years of mis management and some people on here can still not see it. this whole thing has been a fenty sting. if you do not see it well more fool you. i have never been more ashamed to be from this town. it is full of inbred idiot's.

Yep thats us, god you speak so much sense
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 94
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 1, 2011, 11:26am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
The biggest snag to this is not that the GTSC gets shares - that can only be a good thing because it will force the GTSC to take some responsibility and could give fans a bigger say in the boardroom. Neither is it that Parker wants to get rid of more shares. We could get new blood into the club with a bit of luck if the shares are bought by somebody not currently involved.

No - the biggest snag is that this may effectively hand back the club to JF and he may re-assume the chair. There's nothing to prevent that as he would be once more the largest shareholder. If anyone refuses to support him then he could simply say he was selling up. Then we really are back to square one. The future for GTFC would then look very bleak to me. The situation would be even worse if JF buys up the spare MP shares either directly or through short term intermediaries and becomes majority stock holder leading to a proper takeover.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Mike Parker donated 500,000 shares...

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.