Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Mike Parker donated 500,000 shares...
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 29 Guests

Mike Parker donated 500,000 shares...

This thread currently has 18,668 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
October 1, 2011, 12:01am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Paris Mariner

Steady on. The club isn't ruined. If this is the case, it is a fantastic offer for the supporters trust and a great gesture from Parker to potentially give a supporters group some actual power at GTFC. The ultimate im of any supporters trust has be something along hose lines and this would be a huge step in that direction and might even encourage people to join the trust.

It's a good gesture but the most important thing for the immediate future is the club does not get enough income to stand on its own two feet. If we lost both Fenty and Parker as benefactors can we survive alone? Perhaps but we'd have to massively cut the wage bill and we wouldn't be attract the quality of player which we have done since we went non-league.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 40 - 94
Biccys
October 1, 2011, 1:03am
Posts Per Day: 2.05
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from 3622
Todays event has proved a real eye opener - it proves GTST can't or won't do anything of real value of for the supporters (sorry "their paying members" ) without getting JF's stamp of approval first !

How ironic a "supporters club" is ultimately overseen by the board of directors !  

On the subject of GTST "membership", I suggest people don't need to pay £15 or even a single penny to be a "member" to make it as accessible as possible.

Instead, they should rely on donations of what supporters can afford or think it's worth.

If anyone wants to ask that at the meeting then be my guest.

That awkward moment when you actually agree with the last person you thought you'd agree with.........

EVERY supporter SHOULD have a voice on the supporters trust..... I agree that ONLY people invited to a formal meeting (the GTST members) would have a VOTE, but every single person that has ever been to a GTFC game should carry a voice.Does that include my uncle knobhead that last went to a match in 1970? Yeah, why not?! The difficulty lies when defining a "fan" or a "follower". I believe the GTST is a portal for everyone to join together and benefit the goings on, on and off the pitch.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 41 - 94
80sglory
October 1, 2011, 1:12am
Guest User
Quoted from Biccys
That awkward moment when you actually agree with the last person you thought you'd agree with.........

Come on Biccys I'm not that bad - remember you were agreeing with me over Bradley Wood in midfield a day or so ago ?
If we agreed on everything think how boring the forums would be...

Reply: 42 - 94
Biccys
October 1, 2011, 1:36am
Posts Per Day: 2.05
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I think you'll find I said playing BW in midfield was one of my suggestions a long time ago............
http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1313251801/s-39/highlight-wood/#num39

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 94
billo
October 1, 2011, 1:46am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +24
He is offering about 4%
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 94
80sglory
October 1, 2011, 5:33am
Guest User
Quoted from Biccys
I think you'll find I said playing BW in midfield was one of my suggestions a long time ago............
http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1313251801/s-39/highlight-wood/#num39

Was aware of that - wasn't trying to "nick" your suggestion I promise.
If you'd prefer to disagree with me, then I won't think the same as you if it makes you feel better.  

Reply: 45 - 94
80sglory
October 1, 2011, 5:41am
Guest User
What about....
Parker could be offering GTST shares(in effect to Fenty?) to re-build the relationship ?

Easy to assume it's a "battle of wills" or "tactical chess game" but if you listen to Parker and assume he's being honest then think he said that it was a misunderstanding on Fenty's part when Parker increased his shareholding and didn't mean to threaten his role.
Let's face it, it all happened quickly didn't it ?
Before we knew it, the TOP were involved and Fenty has stood down in the same breath.

I was concerned when Parker stated he had plans to decrease his shareholding even further - my first reaction was "he wants out".
So it could be that - but of course Fenty is now in a difficult position where he is almost obligated to take control back again.
Assuming Parker DOES want control, then he may not need to gain control now - he can possibly wait until Mr Fenty has had enough or his "pot runs dry" so to speak.
But it's all speculation...

I see this as Parker handing his shareolding to Fenty for free either to:
a) reconcile differences
b) change the Take Over Panel direction to stick the ball back in Fenty's court and make him obligated to re-assume control
c) Dump shareholding and look for get out scenario.

IMO c) unlikely because who would buy the shares ?

At the end of the day, would Parker really invest £500K only to decide he wanted no involvement later ?
So maybe he is worried about his investment too and wants to build bridges.  
Reply: 46 - 94
GodHelpUs
October 1, 2011, 5:45am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Quoted from 3622
Todays event has proved a real eye opener - it proves GTST can't or won't do anything of real value of for the supporters (sorry "their paying members" ) without getting JF's stamp of approval first !

How ironic a "supporters club" is ultimately overseen by the board of directors !  

Would you care to explain this?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 94
80sglory
October 1, 2011, 5:46am
Guest User
What bit don't you understand ?
Reply: 48 - 94
GodHelpUs
October 1, 2011, 5:48am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1600
What bit don't you understand ?

What makes you say they won't do anything without JF's seal of approval?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Mike Parker donated 500,000 shares...

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.