Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Classic Threads  /  
Posted by: bax, September 30, 2011, 5:15pm
...to GTST.

Humberside running something on it at 5.25.
Posted by: Grim_Exile, September 30, 2011, 5:20pm; Reply: 1
Hi There

Just to be clear, this is an OFFER at this stage, and will still need to be approved by the board of the football club.

GTSTs immediate response can be found at http://www.gtst.net

I'm about to get in the car and do the 170 mile drive home, so I won't be able to respond to any posts for the next 3/4 hours.

Regards, Emma
Posted by: 75 (Guest), September 30, 2011, 5:27pm; Reply: 2
Christ on a bike. How much of the club is half a million shares, percentage wise?
Posted by: Super Clive, September 30, 2011, 5:29pm; Reply: 3
80 s please come back and be chair.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, September 30, 2011, 5:30pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from 75
Christ on a bike. How much of the club is half a million shares, percentage wise?

about 54% ;)
Posted by: bax, September 30, 2011, 5:30pm; Reply: 5
Sorry for confusion.

According to Radio Humberside the 500,000 shares, if accepted and ratified, would put Fenty and Parker on an equal footing again.
Posted by: Super Clive, September 30, 2011, 5:32pm; Reply: 6
So is this the take over panels conclusion, parker was told to up his  shares or sell them/give then away ?
Posted by: Cod Almighty T shirt man, September 30, 2011, 5:35pm; Reply: 7
Too soon for Takeover panel to decide - Parker has sidestepped them with this offer.

There's enough soap operas on bloody telly without all this.
Posted by: Biccys, September 30, 2011, 5:36pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Super Clive
So is this the take over panels conclusion, parker was told to up his  shares or sell them/give then away ?

Doubtful. More likely a sign Parker doesn't want to be left holding the baby before their decision.
Posted by: Rich Boy, September 30, 2011, 5:43pm; Reply: 9
Does he really hate John Fenty that much? Thanks for ruining our great club Mike.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, September 30, 2011, 5:47pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Rich Boy
Does he really hate John Fenty that much? Thanks for ruining our great club Mike.

As Emma said, its only an offer at this stage, If the GTST rejects his donation then Parker still has his shares
Posted by: Quagmire, September 30, 2011, 5:51pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Rich Boy

If you want to blame someone for ruining GTFC then look no further than the worst thing ever to happen to GTFC - John Fenty.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, September 30, 2011, 5:54pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Rich Boy

Steady on. The club isn't ruined. If this is the case, it is a fantastic offer for the supporters trust and a great gesture from Parker to potentially give a supporters group some actual power at GTFC. The ultimate im of any supporters trust has be something along hose lines and this would be a huge step in that direction and might even encourage people to join the trust.

Posted by: mariner2000, September 30, 2011, 5:55pm; Reply: 13
Is he really doing a bad thing, maybe the gift is opening the door to Fenty to say, I'm no longer the major shareholder, please come back and carry on as was.
Posted by: Claudius Tiberius Smith, September 30, 2011, 6:06pm; Reply: 14
Looks to me like both boxers have hit the canvas without a punch being thrown. ( see film Sgt. Bilko)
Posted by: acko338, September 30, 2011, 6:42pm; Reply: 15
Is it ok to just give shares away withiut offering them to other existing directors?

Honest question - I have no idea of the legalities around being on the board !

How many more twists do normal fans have to take before the future is sorted and we know this club is in safe hands to exist for years to come ???
Posted by: psgmariner, September 30, 2011, 6:45pm; Reply: 16
Does this mean that as a new member of the trust I get a seat in the Directors Box?

Ooooh what to wear?
Posted by: kamakazebear, September 30, 2011, 7:02pm; Reply: 17
Is this good or bad? Do we have faith in our trust?
Posted by: TWAreaTownSupporter, September 30, 2011, 7:15pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from kamakazebear
Is this good or bad? Do we have faith in our trust?

If you join you could have an influence.  There's not many members (currently!) so each member has a voice!

Posted by: grimsby pete, September 30, 2011, 7:21pm; Reply: 19
Who will sit on the board as rep for the trust ?

Any new members want to volunteer ?

This means Fenty will return as chairman, as I expected he would.
Posted by: alvinghammariner, September 30, 2011, 7:26pm; Reply: 20
I would join gtst if this goes through, another twist in the saga!
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 30, 2011, 7:31pm; Reply: 21
looks like parker couldnt get any further backing then :(
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, September 30, 2011, 7:40pm; Reply: 22
Just because the GTST get loads of shares does not mean they automatically would get a seat on the board. To join the board you have to meet the articles of association, These state that the GTST would have to put a loan in to the club of I think £50,000 and also commit to future investment.
Posted by: Fishy_Fingers, September 30, 2011, 7:40pm; Reply: 23
very generous offer from Mike but to have a place on the board don't you have to have to be a guarantor for the running costs of the footy club or put an amount of money in or something like that ??

If so get the collecting buckets out and make GTST work :)

Sorry this is not my first post but my old account wont let me log in and says my email address is not active :(
Posted by: scrumble, September 30, 2011, 8:56pm; Reply: 24
So if you allow for 3000 ardent town fans willing to reach into their pockets, that would be £16 each.
Posted by: gtfc98, September 30, 2011, 9:09pm; Reply: 25
Given the statement by the trust the other week that they basically haven't had a meeting in the last few years and they've all had better things to do is this really a good idea? We need a trust that has the time to give to the board, and the potential resources. It all smells a bit fishy to me...
Posted by: Will Haddock, September 30, 2011, 9:27pm; Reply: 26
gtfc98 - that's the point of the meeting tomorrow, to get the ball rolling and (I assume) take nominations from those wishing to join the GTST board.
Posted by: gtfc98, September 30, 2011, 9:31pm; Reply: 27
Meeting tomorrow? Could someone let me have details please?
Posted by: Will Haddock, September 30, 2011, 9:33pm; Reply: 28
12:30 till 2pm at BP.

Think an earlier post said go to reception and someone can give you directions.
Posted by: DJ Mera, September 30, 2011, 9:34pm; Reply: 29
Why does this news fill me with dread and leave me fearing for the future of the club? (This in no way reflects on the GTST board but more on MP, it feels like he has pulled the rug from under our beloved Club and I now fear for it's future)
Posted by: gtfc98, September 30, 2011, 9:38pm; Reply: 30
Do you need to be a current member to attend?
Posted by: Maringer, September 30, 2011, 9:49pm; Reply: 31
Certainly sounds like a populist way of beginning to bail out by MP. Can't really blame him too much, but my worry is that JF is planning to bail out as well.

Which would leave us up shite creek without the proverbial paddle.
Posted by: davmariner, September 30, 2011, 9:56pm; Reply: 32
He could donate all his shares to GTST? ;)
Posted by: TWAreaTownSupporter, September 30, 2011, 10:27pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from gtfc98
Given the statement by the trust the other week that they basically haven't had a meeting in the last few years and they've all had better things to do is this really a good idea? We need a trust that has the time to give to the board, and the potential resources. It all smells a bit fishy to me...

So surely the answer is for YOU to find you haven't got anything better to do and attend/hold a meeting.

Typical Grimsby.

Posted by: TWAreaTownSupporter, September 30, 2011, 10:28pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from DJ Mera
Why does this news fill me with dread and leave me fearing for the future of the club? (This in no way reflects on the GTST board but more on MP, it feels like he has pulled the rug from under our beloved Club and I now fear for it's future)

Why don't people take this for an opportunity it could be TURNED INTO instead of taking the usual "woe is me" approach?
Posted by: Shiver, September 30, 2011, 10:30pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Maringer
Certainly sounds like a populist way of beginning to bail out by MP. Can't really blame him too much, but my worry is that JF is planning to bail out as well.

Which would leave us up shite creek without the proverbial paddle.

JF was trying to get MP to either buy out his shares (forced by takeover panel) or sell/dump shares to drop control allowing JF to be in total control again, win-win for JF you'd think. This is a very clever move by MP because JF said the shareholding of MP was the ONLY reason he stepped down, so now if that reason becomes void he has no excuse for not being Chairman again does he? We'll soon find out if he was bluffing or not if GTST accept this offer...

They both have too much to lose to (both) walk away, I hope  :-/
Posted by: Will Haddock, September 30, 2011, 10:41pm; Reply: 36
gtfc98 - no you don't have to be a member.
Posted by: 3622 (Guest), September 30, 2011, 10:53pm; Reply: 37
Todays event has proved a real eye opener - it proves GTST can't or won't do anything of real value of for the supporters (sorry "their paying members" :B) without getting JF's stamp of approval first !

How ironic a "supporters club" is ultimately overseen by the board of directors !  ??)

On the subject of GTST "membership", I suggest people don't need to pay £15 or even a single penny to be a "member" to make it as accessible as possible.

Instead, they should rely on donations of what supporters can afford or think it's worth.

If anyone wants to ask that at the meeting then be my guest.
Posted by: petethemariner, September 30, 2011, 11:18pm; Reply: 38
Its like a game of chess, seems that both are worried to take total control of a failing, massively loss making club, they can no longer work together, so both are making their exits seem as if they have done all they can.
Id like to believe this is a good thing for the club,i desperately hope it is ,but the cynic in me tells me we could be witnessing two  egos pressing their  ejector seat buttons and leaving us with no club.
God i pray i'm wrong.
Posted by: Stranger in the Park, October 1, 2011, 12:00am; Reply: 39
So Mr Parker has no agenda(his words).This act is clearly designed to mix it for the existing board members.Nobody puts the amount of cash he did into a club without some return-finacial or position.Something caused him to rethink his position and the amount of abuse against John Fenty by so called supporters would surelly have been a factor.The position of chairman is the poison chalice at GTFC
Posted by: GrimRob, October 1, 2011, 12:01am; Reply: 40
Quoted from Paris Mariner

Steady on. The club isn't ruined. If this is the case, it is a fantastic offer for the supporters trust and a great gesture from Parker to potentially give a supporters group some actual power at GTFC. The ultimate im of any supporters trust has be something along hose lines and this would be a huge step in that direction and might even encourage people to join the trust.

It's a good gesture but the most important thing for the immediate future is the club does not get enough income to stand on its own two feet. If we lost both Fenty and Parker as benefactors can we survive alone? Perhaps but we'd have to massively cut the wage bill and we wouldn't be attract the quality of player which we have done since we went non-league.
Posted by: Biccys, October 1, 2011, 1:03am; Reply: 41
Quoted from 3622
Todays event has proved a real eye opener - it proves GTST can't or won't do anything of real value of for the supporters (sorry "their paying members" :B) without getting JF's stamp of approval first !

How ironic a "supporters club" is ultimately overseen by the board of directors !  ??)

On the subject of GTST "membership", I suggest people don't need to pay £15 or even a single penny to be a "member" to make it as accessible as possible.

Instead, they should rely on donations of what supporters can afford or think it's worth.

If anyone wants to ask that at the meeting then be my guest.

That awkward moment when you actually agree with the last person you thought you'd agree with.........

EVERY supporter SHOULD have a voice on the supporters trust..... I agree that ONLY people invited to a formal meeting (the GTST members) would have a VOTE, but every single person that has ever been to a GTFC game should carry a voice.Does that include my uncle knobhead that last went to a match in 1970? Yeah, why not?! The difficulty lies when defining a "fan" or a "follower". I believe the GTST is a portal for everyone to join together and benefit the goings on, on and off the pitch.
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), October 1, 2011, 1:12am; Reply: 42
Quoted from Biccys
That awkward moment when you actually agree with the last person you thought you'd agree with.........

Come on Biccys I'm not that bad - remember you were agreeing with me over Bradley Wood in midfield a day or so ago ?
If we agreed on everything think how boring the forums would be...

Posted by: Biccys, October 1, 2011, 1:36am; Reply: 43
I think you'll find I said playing BW in midfield was one of my suggestions a long time ago............
http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1313251801/s-39/highlight-wood/#num39
Posted by: billo, October 1, 2011, 1:46am; Reply: 44
He is offering about 4%
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), October 1, 2011, 5:33am; Reply: 45
Quoted from Biccys
I think you'll find I said playing BW in midfield was one of my suggestions a long time ago............
http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1313251801/s-39/highlight-wood/#num39

Was aware of that - wasn't trying to "nick" your suggestion I promise.
If you'd prefer to disagree with me, then I won't think the same as you if it makes you feel better.  ;)

Posted by: 1600 (Guest), October 1, 2011, 5:41am; Reply: 46
What about....
Parker could be offering GTST shares(in effect to Fenty?) to re-build the relationship ?

Easy to assume it's a "battle of wills" or "tactical chess game" but if you listen to Parker and assume he's being honest then think he said that it was a misunderstanding on Fenty's part when Parker increased his shareholding and didn't mean to threaten his role.
Let's face it, it all happened quickly didn't it ?
Before we knew it, the TOP were involved and Fenty has stood down in the same breath.

I was concerned when Parker stated he had plans to decrease his shareholding even further - my first reaction was "he wants out".
So it could be that - but of course Fenty is now in a difficult position where he is almost obligated to take control back again.
Assuming Parker DOES want control, then he may not need to gain control now - he can possibly wait until Mr Fenty has had enough or his "pot runs dry" so to speak.
But it's all speculation...

I see this as Parker handing his shareolding to Fenty for free either to:
a) reconcile differences
b) change the Take Over Panel direction to stick the ball back in Fenty's court and make him obligated to re-assume control
c) Dump shareholding and look for get out scenario.

IMO c) unlikely because who would buy the shares ?

At the end of the day, would Parker really invest £500K only to decide he wanted no involvement later ?
So maybe he is worried about his investment too and wants to build bridges.  :)
Posted by: GodHelpUs, October 1, 2011, 5:45am; Reply: 47
Quoted from 3622

Would you care to explain this?
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), October 1, 2011, 5:46am; Reply: 48
What bit don't you understand ?
Posted by: GodHelpUs, October 1, 2011, 5:48am; Reply: 49
Quoted from 1600
What bit don't you understand ?

What makes you say they won't do anything without JF's seal of approval?
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), October 1, 2011, 5:51am; Reply: 50
I believe Dave Otter said on RH that it was up to the board of directors to ratify the proposal.
Posted by: GodHelpUs, October 1, 2011, 5:56am; Reply: 51
Quoted from 1600
I believe Dave Otter said on RH that it was up to the board of directors to ratify the proposal.

If he did he was correct. And if you read what Mike Parker said in the GT you'll see that he backed this up - "As with any transfer of shares in a limited company, this transfer will require approval of the board of directors of Grimsby Town Football Club Plc."

Posted by: 1600 (Guest), October 1, 2011, 5:59am; Reply: 52
Yes I know.
So why did you ask me "What makes you say they won't do anything without JF's seal of approval?" ?
Posted by: GodHelpUs, October 1, 2011, 6:09am; Reply: 53
Well you have just said that you know that Dave Otter was correct in saying that any transfer of shares would require the approval of the board of directors so why did you post

"Todays event has proved a real eye opener - it proves GTST can't or won't do anything of real value of for the supporters (sorry "their paying members" ) without getting JF's stamp of approval first !

How ironic a "supporters club" is ultimately overseen by the board of directors !"?
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), October 1, 2011, 6:14am; Reply: 54
Erm, because it's true ?
Posted by: GodHelpUs, October 1, 2011, 6:27am; Reply: 55
Oh well, if you don't want to explain your comments that's up to you. It seems odd though....on the one hand you originally said that you made those comments because of what Dave Otter said on the radio then, when I said he was correct, you agreed with me. Then, when I asked again why, if you knew he was correct, you made that statement you said it was because it was true!  
Posted by: GodHelpUs, October 1, 2011, 6:38am; Reply: 56
Anyway, I'm lead to the conclusion that you either have a personal agenda, enjoy the attention or are lacking in grey matter.  Whatever the case is I won't waste my time asking you to explain yourself again. Thanks for the chat.
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), October 1, 2011, 6:41am; Reply: 57
Becasue that statement I made that was true came as a result of the statement Dave Otter made that was also true ?
Not sure what you don't understand or what else I can say tbh.
I get the impression you're arguing the toss for the sake of it.
Posted by: GodHelpUs, October 1, 2011, 7:35am; Reply: 58
Quoted from 1600
Becasue that statement I made that was true came as a result of the statement Dave Otter made that was also true ?

But I am not arguing am I? I asked you to substantiate the statement I quoted (a statement that was critical of the Trust's actions yesterday). You did so by referring to Dave Otter's interview on the radio. When I pointed out that what he said was correct you agreed. I therefore asked you again why you made the statement. You then said "Erm, because it's true ?". That was hardly an adequate response was it?

As I said, I am not going to ask for further explanations. In the light of the replies I have received from you, your comments lack any credibility whatsoever and I will be paying them no further attention.
Posted by: mariner2000, October 1, 2011, 8:34am; Reply: 59
I think this proves that MP clearly has no desire to run the club or invest further which was JF's point from the star I  believe.  If he doesn't want the work or the cost then don't be the owner.

I just hope that JF hasn't had time to think better of running the club and throwing further money away!
Posted by: psgmariner, October 1, 2011, 8:45am; Reply: 60
Quoted from 1600

Just re- read the posts you dummy.
Posted by: BIGChris, October 1, 2011, 9:04am; Reply: 61
Quoted from mariner2000
I think this proves that MP clearly has no desire to run the club or invest further which was JF's point from the start I  believe.  If he doesn't want the work or the cost then don't be the owner.

WHS

I had hoped that MP would have the desire to take control but it now looks like that isnt, and perhaps never was, the case
Posted by: petethemariner, October 1, 2011, 9:17am; Reply: 62
Quoted from mariner2000
I think this proves that MP clearly has no desire to run the club or invest further which was JF's point from the star I  believe.  If he doesn't want the work or the cost then don't be the owner.

I just hope that JF hasn't had time to think better of running the club and throwing further money away!

I fear that is precisely what he is doing! I have felt all along that JF now wants out and both he and MP are now just chucking the 'hot potato' that is Grimsby Town Football Club to each other with a series of
manouveres, aimed at lumbering one of them with the club.
Unless one of them has a so far hidden, ultra devious plan, we are in dire trouble.
Posted by: GrimRob, October 1, 2011, 9:29am; Reply: 63
He should have given the half million shares to this forum. We could have divided them upon based upon number of posts and reputation  ;)
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), October 1, 2011, 9:31am; Reply: 64
Quoted from psgmariner
Just re- read the posts you dummy.

Just what is your problem ?
I don't even know what you're on about.
Posted by: mariner2000, October 1, 2011, 10:05am; Reply: 65
Quoted from GrimRob
He should have given the half million shares to this forum. We could have divided them upon based upon number of posts and reputation  ;)

LOL one thing you could never accuse the Fishy of is under-promotion or lack of self confidence!
Posted by: wigworld, October 1, 2011, 10:57am; Reply: 66
We don't need shares, do we? I thought we ran the club anyway!
Posted by: realityman, October 1, 2011, 11:06am; Reply: 67
some muppett on here as said "thanks for ruining our club mike" . what a complete moron you are. the club has been ruined by years of mis management and some people on here can still not see it. this whole thing has been a fenty sting. if you do not see it well more fool you. i have never been more ashamed to be from this town. it is full of inbred idiot's.
Posted by: Super Clive, October 1, 2011, 11:11am; Reply: 68
Quoted from realityman
some muppett on here as said "thanks for ruining our club mike" . what a complete moron you are. the club has been ruined by years of mis management and some people on here can still not see it. this whole thing has been a fenty sting. if you do not see it well more fool you. i have never been more ashamed to be from this town. it is full of inbred idiot's.

Yep thats us, god you speak so much sense
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 1, 2011, 11:26am; Reply: 69
The biggest snag to this is not that the GTSC gets shares - that can only be a good thing because it will force the GTSC to take some responsibility and could give fans a bigger say in the boardroom. Neither is it that Parker wants to get rid of more shares. We could get new blood into the club with a bit of luck if the shares are bought by somebody not currently involved.

No - the biggest snag is that this may effectively hand back the club to JF and he may re-assume the chair. There's nothing to prevent that as he would be once more the largest shareholder. If anyone refuses to support him then he could simply say he was selling up. Then we really are back to square one. The future for GTFC would then look very bleak to me. The situation would be even worse if JF buys up the spare MP shares either directly or through short term intermediaries and becomes majority stock holder leading to a proper takeover.
Posted by: GrimRob, October 1, 2011, 11:30am; Reply: 70
No - the biggest snag is that this may effectively hand back the club to JF and he may re-assume the chair.

That's surely the best possible thing that could happen! Otherwise the club as a going concern would be insolvent and we wouldn't be able to afford players of the quality we have now. We'd be joining Southport, Gateshead and the other bottom feeders in this division at best.
Posted by: flash1, October 1, 2011, 11:35am; Reply: 71
Quoted from GrimRob

That's surely the best possible thing that could happen! Otherwise the club as a going concern would be insolvent and we wouldn't be able to afford players of the quality we have now. We'd be joining Southport, Gateshead and the other bottom feeders in this division at best.

whs,,i,m pretty sure that will actually happen,say what you like jf,,,but he is Grimsby town through and through!
Posted by: Perkins, October 1, 2011, 11:44am; Reply: 72
Put the ball back in Parkers court. If the shares are indeed offered to GTST, REFUSE THEM.
Posted by: wigworld, October 1, 2011, 11:53am; Reply: 73
Quoted from GrimRob

We'd be joining Southport, Gateshead and the other bottom feeders in this division at best.

Not sure if you were being ironic, but aren't both those teams above us in the league?  :o

Posted by: paddymariners, October 1, 2011, 11:57am; Reply: 74
Quoted from Perkins
Put the ball back in Parkers court. If the shares are indeed offered to GTST, REFUSE THEM.

What would that achieve?

You can't force someone to take responsibity for the company they own. Obviously, his investment is of no significance to him and his motives are not financially driven.

Posted by: Quagmire, October 1, 2011, 11:57am; Reply: 75
Quoted from flash1

whs,,i,m pretty sure that will actually happen,say what you like jf,,,but he is Grimsby town through and through!

Nobody disputes that he is a GTFC fan.  Unfortunately, despite being a fan and working hard he has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is incapable of running a football club and based upon what has happened since he became major string puller in 2002 the club are only liable to go one way with him running the club.

We've gone from a relatively solvent Championship club to a team in the lower reaches of non-league who lose a million quid each year under his 'stewardship'.

Nobody can really argue that he doesn't have the best interests of the club at heart but he is patently incapable of running the club.

People bang on about the money he has put in but the vast majority of that money has been used to pay for his mistakes and general mismanagement.

I struggle to see how people can continue to support him.

Whilst John Fenty is involved with GTFC we will continue to slide.

Medicority has become acceptable to too many on here and in the stands.

It is totally unacceptable that this club is playing Alfreton today and it is totally unacceptable that the man who has brought us to this point continues to be involved with the club.

RIP GTFC whilst John Fenty is involved in any way, shape, or form.
Posted by: GrimRob, October 1, 2011, 12:00pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from wigworld

Not sure if you were being ironic, but aren't both those teams above us in the league?  :o

They might be now but their playing budgets are way below ours. With our current playing budget we will eventually get promoted and generally you'd expect us to be swimming near the surface. With theirs they might have one good year when everything clicks but most of the time they'll be bottom feeders.
Posted by: pontoonlew, October 1, 2011, 1:48pm; Reply: 77
Judging by half of the fans that post on here and the ones that I hear spout shite at BP, the supporters running this club would be flipping terrible  ;D
Posted by: Marinerz93, October 1, 2011, 2:22pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from pontoonlew
Judging by half of the fans that post on here and the ones that I hear spout shite at BP, the supporters running this club would be flipping terrible  ;D

That's because you sit in the top left hand corner with the chavs  ;)
Posted by: Marinerz93, October 1, 2011, 2:29pm; Reply: 79
Parker is making Fenty look a bigger twit now than when Fenty resigned his Chairmanship.

Parker put into the club what they both agreed on at the start of the season.  Fenty has reneged on that agreement to the tune of £350K and then tried to off load the bones of the club to Parker.

Fenty calls out for financial help but when it turns up in the form of someone who is richer than him he does what he can to alienate him.  Parker has invested more money in 20 months than JF did in 5 years.

Some time ago I said that Fenty could end up being the best or the worst Chairman we have ever had.   I was really hoping for the best but you can't always call what side the coin will land on.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, October 1, 2011, 7:35pm; Reply: 80
We have just lost our only positive hope for investment in the last 10 years, a man who put 1.25 million into the club with no conditions. It is a sad day for Grimsby Town and a clear indication that Parker was unable to work with the current board, this whole torrid affair was orchestrated by one man to try and get his money out of the club.

This is another nail in the coffin of Grimsby Town as Fenty will finish the club off, i would like to think that the trust would be able to have a positive influence on the board but over the years the Trust's most vociferous spokesperson has been a clear supporter of the main reason we are were are.

The trouble is that Fenty's loans distort the value of the club and that to wrestle it from his hands would cost well over 2 million pounds and would see Fenty the architect of our our misery walk away with his money.

Im afraid the club and its fans have lost here and we are probably to be back in the stewardship of the most unsuccessful Chairman in our history.
Posted by: davmariner, October 1, 2011, 7:55pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from headingly_mariner
We have just lost our only positive hope for investment in the last 10 years, a man who put 1.25 million into the club with no conditions. It is a sad day for Grimsby Town and a clear indication that Parker was unable to work with the current board, this whole torrid affair was orchestrated by one man to try and get his money out of the club.

This is another nail in the coffin of Grimsby Town as Fenty will finish the club off, i would like to think that the trust would be able to have a positive influence on the board but over the years the Trust's most vociferous spokesperson has been a clear supporter of the main reason we are were are.

The trouble is that Fenty's loans distort the value of the club and that to wrestle it from his hands would cost well over 2 million pounds and would see Fenty the architect of our our misery walk away with his money.

Im afraid the club and its fans have lost here and we are probably to be back in the stewardship of the most unsuccessful Chairman in our history.

If Mr Parker wanted to take on the role as chairman then surely this was his opportunity? And he didn't take it...
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, October 1, 2011, 8:01pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from Marinerz93
Parker is making Fenty look a bigger twit now than when Fenty resigned his Chairmanship.

Parker put into the club what they both agreed on at the start of the season.  Fenty has reneged on that agreement to the tune of £350K and then tried to off load the bones of the club to ParkerFenty calls out for financial help but when it turns up in the form of someone who is richer than him he does what he can to alienate him.  Parker has invested more money in 20 months than JF did in 5 years.

Some time ago I said that Fenty could end up being the best or the worst Chairman we have ever had.   I was really hoping for the best but you can't always call what side the coin will land on.

Why do you say this as its nor true, Fenty and Parker both agreed to put £350k in loans in to the club which JF did, Parker decided to change his to shares, After quitting he told the club it was shares or nothing so the club had no choice.

Fenty has never said he would not pay what was agreed this year what he was/is asking for is someone to help him share the financial commitment for next year, When he asked Parker this is seems he would rather cut and run.

Don’t see then queuing up to help like some on here said they would and I cant see the trust stumping the cash up either
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), October 1, 2011, 8:07pm; Reply: 83
We have just lost our only positive hope for investment in the last 10 years, a man who put 1.25 million into the club with no conditions.

Wouldn't be so sure - one thing saying saying you're looking to reduce your shareholding, another actually doing it.
Who's gonna buy these shares anyway ?

Could be biding his time ?
If Fenty is forced to take reigns then how long will his money or patience last ?
And why would Parker put in that £500K of cash to walk away later ?

Another option - Parker could be offering reconcilation gesture to Fenty - maybe he's concerned about his investment too !

Of course you may well be right but still think this could go any number of ways...
Posted by: headingly_mariner, October 1, 2011, 8:10pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from 1600

Wouldn't be so sure - one thing saying saying you're looking to reduce your shareholding, another actually doing it.
Who's gonna buy these shares anyway ?

Could be biding his time ?
If Fenty is forced to take reigns then how long will his money or patience last ?
And why would Parker put in that £500K of cash to walk away later ?

Another option - Parker could be offering reconcilation gesture to Fenty - maybe he's concerned about his investment too !

Of course you may well be right but still think this could go any number of ways...

I honestly dount that after the revealing of personal emails to the public!
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), October 1, 2011, 8:23pm; Reply: 85
I could counter-argue but it's all speculation.
Scratch that one off the list then.
Posted by: Marinerz93, October 2, 2011, 9:29pm; Reply: 86

Why do you say this as its nor true, Fenty and Parker both agreed to put £350k in loans in to the club which JF did, Parker decided to change his to shares, After quitting he told the club it was shares or nothing so the club had no choice.

Fenty has never said he would not pay what was agreed this year what he was/is asking for is someone to help him share the financial commitment for next year, When he asked Parker this is seems he would rather cut and run.

Don’t see then queuing up to help like some on here said they would and I cant see the trust stumping the cash up either

The proof is in the pudding, one added ingredients the other took the jam and run off.  Regardless of the amount promised by both at a meeting, that for some strange reason didn't have minutes (how unprofessional) who is telling the truth.

The whole fiasco has been orchestrated, Parker's shares were approved by the board then Fenty jumps overboard crying foul, it stinks.
Posted by: STB, October 2, 2011, 9:42pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from GrimRob

I'd have given mine to BigChris, everyone else on here talks out of their @rses.  ;D  ??) 8)
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, October 2, 2011, 9:52pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from STB

I'd have given mine to BigChris, everyone else on here talks out of their @rses.  ;D  ??) 8)

Theres nothing like being up someones arsse mate  ;)
Posted by: barralad, October 3, 2011, 6:49am; Reply: 89
Quoted from STB

He'd have converted them to beer tokens by now...
Posted by: BIGChris, October 3, 2011, 7:34am; Reply: 90
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

Theres nothing like being up someones arsse mate  ;)

The thought of STB up any orrifice of my body makes me phyically ill.
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, October 3, 2011, 8:01am; Reply: 91
I suggest that the GTST reject Mike Parkers kind offer for the sake of Grimsby Town football club. Allow MP to give them or sell them to someone with a bit of money behind them.
Posted by: Denby, October 3, 2011, 8:47am; Reply: 92

cracking, but depressing, post
Posted by: Marinerz93, October 3, 2011, 9:14pm; Reply: 93
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
I suggest that the GTST reject Mike Parkers kind offer for the sake of Grimsby Town football club. Allow MP to give them or sell them to someone with a bit of money behind them.

In case you are not aware MP is considerably richer than JF.  Who do you know that is willing to gift someone £500K to keep the peace.  The only person with the cash to improve us has been alienated in the grossest manner.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, October 3, 2011, 9:29pm; Reply: 94
Quoted from barralad

He'd have converted them to beer tokens by now...

I'd have given mine to Hammo, but he would have converted them into prostitute tokens.
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 7:29am