Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Mike Parker donated 500,000 shares...
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 29 Guests

Mike Parker donated 500,000 shares...

This thread currently has 18,825 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
October 1, 2011, 5:51am
Guest User
I believe Dave Otter said on RH that it was up to the board of directors to ratify the proposal.
Reply: 50 - 94
GodHelpUs
October 1, 2011, 5:56am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1600
I believe Dave Otter said on RH that it was up to the board of directors to ratify the proposal.

If he did he was correct. And if you read what Mike Parker said in the GT you'll see that he backed this up - "As with any transfer of shares in a limited company, this transfer will require approval of the board of directors of Grimsby Town Football Club Plc."

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 94
80sglory
October 1, 2011, 5:59am
Guest User
Yes I know.
So why did you ask me "What makes you say they won't do anything without JF's seal of approval?" ?
Reply: 52 - 94
GodHelpUs
October 1, 2011, 6:09am
Snakebite drinker
Well you have just said that you know that Dave Otter was correct in saying that any transfer of shares would require the approval of the board of directors so why did you post

"Todays event has proved a real eye opener - it proves GTST can't or won't do anything of real value of for the supporters (sorry "their paying members" ) without getting JF's stamp of approval first !

How ironic a "supporters club" is ultimately overseen by the board of directors !"?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 94
80sglory
October 1, 2011, 6:14am
Guest User
Erm, because it's true ?
Reply: 54 - 94
GodHelpUs
October 1, 2011, 6:27am
Snakebite drinker
Oh well, if you don't want to explain your comments that's up to you. It seems odd though....on the one hand you originally said that you made those comments because of what Dave Otter said on the radio then, when I said he was correct, you agreed with me. Then, when I asked again why, if you knew he was correct, you made that statement you said it was because it was true!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 94
GodHelpUs
October 1, 2011, 6:38am
Snakebite drinker
Anyway, I'm lead to the conclusion that you either have a personal agenda, enjoy the attention or are lacking in grey matter.  Whatever the case is I won't waste my time asking you to explain yourself again. Thanks for the chat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 94
80sglory
October 1, 2011, 6:41am
Guest User
Becasue that statement I made that was true came as a result of the statement Dave Otter made that was also true ?
Not sure what you don't understand or what else I can say tbh.
I get the impression you're arguing the toss for the sake of it.
Reply: 57 - 94
GodHelpUs
October 1, 2011, 7:35am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from 1600
Becasue that statement I made that was true came as a result of the statement Dave Otter made that was also true ?
Not sure what you don't understand or what else I can say tbh.
I get the impression you're arguing the toss for the sake of it.

But I am not arguing am I? I asked you to substantiate the statement I quoted (a statement that was critical of the Trust's actions yesterday). You did so by referring to Dave Otter's interview on the radio. When I pointed out that what he said was correct you agreed. I therefore asked you again why you made the statement. You then said "Erm, because it's true ?". That was hardly an adequate response was it?

As I said, I am not going to ask for further explanations. In the light of the replies I have received from you, your comments lack any credibility whatsoever and I will be paying them no further attention.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 94
mariner2000
October 1, 2011, 8:34am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
I think this proves that MP clearly has no desire to run the club or invest further which was JF's point from the star I  believe.  If he doesn't want the work or the cost then don't be the owner.

I just hope that JF hasn't had time to think better of running the club and throwing further money away!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 59 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Mike Parker donated 500,000 shares...

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.