Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Mike Parker donated 500,000 shares...
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 23 Guests

Mike Parker donated 500,000 shares...

This thread currently has 18,666 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
October 1, 2011, 7:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
We have just lost our only positive hope for investment in the last 10 years, a man who put 1.25 million into the club with no conditions. It is a sad day for Grimsby Town and a clear indication that Parker was unable to work with the current board, this whole torrid affair was orchestrated by one man to try and get his money out of the club.

This is another nail in the coffin of Grimsby Town as Fenty will finish the club off, i would like to think that the trust would be able to have a positive influence on the board but over the years the Trust's most vociferous spokesperson has been a clear supporter of the main reason we are were are.

The trouble is that Fenty's loans distort the value of the club and that to wrestle it from his hands would cost well over 2 million pounds and would see Fenty the architect of our our misery walk away with his money.

Im afraid the club and its fans have lost here and we are probably to be back in the stewardship of the most unsuccessful Chairman in our history.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 94
davmariner
October 1, 2011, 7:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
Quoted from headingly_mariner
We have just lost our only positive hope for investment in the last 10 years, a man who put 1.25 million into the club with no conditions. It is a sad day for Grimsby Town and a clear indication that Parker was unable to work with the current board, this whole torrid affair was orchestrated by one man to try and get his money out of the club.

This is another nail in the coffin of Grimsby Town as Fenty will finish the club off, i would like to think that the trust would be able to have a positive influence on the board but over the years the Trust's most vociferous spokesperson has been a clear supporter of the main reason we are were are.

The trouble is that Fenty's loans distort the value of the club and that to wrestle it from his hands would cost well over 2 million pounds and would see Fenty the architect of our our misery walk away with his money.

Im afraid the club and its fans have lost here and we are probably to be back in the stewardship of the most unsuccessful Chairman in our history.

If Mr Parker wanted to take on the role as chairman then surely this was his opportunity? And he didn't take it...

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 94
cleethorpes_mariner
October 1, 2011, 8:01pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from Marinerz93
Parker is making Fenty look a bigger twit now than when Fenty resigned his Chairmanship.

Parker put into the club what they both agreed on at the start of the season.  Fenty has reneged on that agreement to the tune of £350K and then tried to off load the bones of the club to ParkerFenty calls out for financial help but when it turns up in the form of someone who is richer than him he does what he can to alienate him.  Parker has invested more money in 20 months than JF did in 5 years.

Some time ago I said that Fenty could end up being the best or the worst Chairman we have ever had.   I was really hoping for the best but you can't always call what side the coin will land on.

Why do you say this as its nor true, Fenty and Parker both agreed to put £350k in loans in to the club which JF did, Parker decided to change his to shares, After quitting he told the club it was shares or nothing so the club had no choice.

Fenty has never said he would not pay what was agreed this year what he was/is asking for is someone to help him share the financial commitment for next year, When he asked Parker this is seems he would rather cut and run.

Don’t see then queuing up to help like some on here said they would and I cant see the trust stumping the cash up either
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 94
80sglory
October 1, 2011, 8:07pm
Guest User
Quoted from headingly_mariner
We have just lost our only positive hope for investment in the last 10 years, a man who put 1.25 million into the club with no conditions.

Wouldn't be so sure - one thing saying saying you're looking to reduce your shareholding, another actually doing it.
Who's gonna buy these shares anyway ?

Could be biding his time ?
If Fenty is forced to take reigns then how long will his money or patience last ?
And why would Parker put in that £500K of cash to walk away later ?

Another option - Parker could be offering reconcilation gesture to Fenty - maybe he's concerned about his investment too !

Of course you may well be right but still think this could go any number of ways...
Reply: 83 - 94
headingly_mariner
October 1, 2011, 8:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from 1600

Wouldn't be so sure - one thing saying saying you're looking to reduce your shareholding, another actually doing it.
Who's gonna buy these shares anyway ?

Could be biding his time ?
If Fenty is forced to take reigns then how long will his money or patience last ?
And why would Parker put in that £500K of cash to walk away later ?

Another option - Parker could be offering reconcilation gesture to Fenty - maybe he's concerned about his investment too !

Of course you may well be right but still think this could go any number of ways...

I honestly dount that after the revealing of personal emails to the public!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 94
80sglory
October 1, 2011, 8:23pm
Guest User
I could counter-argue but it's all speculation.
Scratch that one off the list then.
Reply: 85 - 94
Marinerz93
October 2, 2011, 9:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1

Why do you say this as its nor true, Fenty and Parker both agreed to put £350k in loans in to the club which JF did, Parker decided to change his to shares, After quitting he told the club it was shares or nothing so the club had no choice.

Fenty has never said he would not pay what was agreed this year what he was/is asking for is someone to help him share the financial commitment for next year, When he asked Parker this is seems he would rather cut and run.

Don’t see then queuing up to help like some on here said they would and I cant see the trust stumping the cash up either

The proof is in the pudding, one added ingredients the other took the jam and run off.  Regardless of the amount promised by both at a meeting, that for some strange reason didn't have minutes (how unprofessional) who is telling the truth.

The whole fiasco has been orchestrated, Parker's shares were approved by the board then Fenty jumps overboard crying foul, it stinks.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 94
STB
October 2, 2011, 9:42pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from GrimRob
He should have given the half million shares to this forum. We could have divided them upon based upon number of posts and reputation  

I'd have given mine to BigChris, everyone else on here talks out of their @rses.    

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 94
Wrawby_Mariner
October 2, 2011, 9:52pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from STB

I'd have given mine to BigChris, everyone else on here talks out of their @rses.    

Theres nothing like being up someones arsse mate  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 88 - 94
barralad
October 3, 2011, 6:49am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,193
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from STB

He'd have converted them to beer tokens by now...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Mike Parker donated 500,000 shares...

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.