Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › What was the best home match you ever seen?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 23 Guests

What was the best home match you ever seen?

This thread currently has 15,032 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 16, 2011, 8:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Tommy

That's one I'll always remember too. Super Clive's comeback game after what felt like an eternity out injured. 90 minutes later....boom...Mendonca hattrick... and you'd have never known he'd been away.

for some reason i thought that finished 3-1?!?!?!? as seem to remember me and my best mate "celebrating" their goal in the ponny!??

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 73
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 16, 2011, 9:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
one game i am PROUD to have been at with only 150 others, was a lincs cup game and seeing futch score his only goal for town. proud as fook

top games imho :

scunny 2-1 (tuesday night) & lincoln (1-0)  89/90
stoke (2-0 the one when the micky thomas hit the copper on the noggin) exeter (2-1) 90/91

fulham 98

burnley 2002? (3-1)

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 73
Paris Mariner
December 16, 2011, 10:40am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Several for me. Unfortunately, 97/98, living in Skegness area we were unable to get tickets for play-offs and Auto windscreens semi-final game so we watched it (me, my brother and my dad) believe or not on teletext!! The quarter final v Blackpool was brilliant though. Burnett header at the Pontoon end lte on and the atmosphere was electric. When the goal went in the first 5-10 rows imploded towards to hoardings and the realisation that Wembley might just be in sight.

Burnley 6-5. Everyone at school (I was 16 at the time) was talking about it the next day and I was the only Town fan in my year. I remember the players going in at half-time and everyone in the Main Stand looking at each other in disbelief.

Burnley 3-1 to secure safety in Division 1. A brilliant performance and a great day. When the results came in in the car on the way home it was amazing.

Barnsley 6-1 for the comedy value of seeing all them Yorkshire gets trying to leave after 40 mins and it burying the memory of Hignet giving us a footballing lesson a few seasons previously.

Lincoln away 04/05 0-0. An incredible atmosphere. It really was electric and when all those Town fans turned up 15 mins in with tickets but nowhere to sit it was hilarious. The Town fan in the Lincoln end who slowly unzipped his jacket and then got pummeled by about 40 Lincoln fans was also pretty comical. For a match under Slade as well, Town actually played decent football that night and Ronnie Bull had his only decent game in a Grimsby.

Wolves 0-0 Croudson's debut. Any game with Wolves gets a big turn out from Town fans and this night was no different. Both teams needing a result fo different reasons and Town came up with a stirling performance to all but end Wolves' promotion hopes and secure our safety. Croudson was majestic. It was great knowing the Wolves chairman would sulk all the way home knowing he'd "have to visit Grimsby" next year as well

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 72 - 73
wmacky200
December 17, 2011, 11:02am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
got to be plough lane against wimbledon with the harry haddocks in there thousands. and the late keith alexander goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › What was the best home match you ever seen?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.