TheRonRaffertyFanClub
June 17, 2010, 8:01pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from gingervalentino

I said the same thing earlier in this thread, now that SA are close enough to being out there will be less local interest in the games and more genuine supporters of the teams will start to turn up in SA to fill the grounds as the games get more exciting/nailbiting/meaningfull which then means more chanting/less vuvuzelas

Until England play. The idiots will have bought up all the spare horns.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 146
EvilFish
June 17, 2010, 8:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +597
Gold Stars: 52
Quoted from MK Mariner

Hopefully so. I had to laugh as all their passionate supporters flooded for the exits after the second goal went in! Your not vuvuzelaing any more....

Yeah, you'd never see that at BP.........

.....our supporters start flipping off with 30 minutes left and the game at 0-0
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 146
GrimRob
June 17, 2010, 10:23pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ginnywings
Put your telly on Grimrob.Just heard the crowd singing for the first time.

I dipped my toe in the water tonight and watched most of the France game. It's not as bad as it was earlier in the tournament but the crowd and atmosphere that does come through is negligable. They show very few crowd shots as well in this WC and often put replays on at the wrong time so it has to be said the whole TV package is poor, but it is better than it was.

I'll watch the England match tomorrow whereas at one time I was contemplating watching it on Ceefax.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 142 - 146
GrimRob
June 17, 2010, 10:50pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Been done to death this one but here's the Vuvu version

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 143 - 146
ginnywings
June 17, 2010, 10:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from GrimRob

I dipped my toe in the water tonight and watched most of the France game. It's not as bad as it was earlier in the tournament but the crowd and atmosphere that does come through is negligable. They show very few crowd shots as well in this WC and often put replays on at the wrong time so it has to be said the whole TV package is poor, but it is better than it was.

I'll watch the England match tomorrow whereas at one time I was contemplating watching it on Ceefax.

Not much of an atmosphere i grant you but then France were abysmal and their fans didn't look too happy.I think the TV companies here have toned down the crowd volume because of the complaints.Hopefully the vulvas will now disappear and the volume will increase.

Your right about the coverage though.Pretty poor and too many oh so slow replays at inappropriate times.Guess ITV and BBC have no say over the camerawork.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 146
Biccys
June 18, 2010, 12:38am
Posts Per Day: 2.05
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Still, gotta love the Frogs getting beat!

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 145 - 146
benbowers
June 18, 2010, 6:40pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
a south african kid came in today to school with a vuvuzela
i threatened to do bad things to the vuvuzela
i can bear it in south africa but they are so loud and not part of english culture
keep them in south africa

i base my style on alan connell
town to go up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 146
15 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.