10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Davec
November 26, 2015, 12:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
That's fair enough RoboCod, I was at Eastleigh and our fans were a different class, as they often are
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 91
Rik e B
November 26, 2015, 12:52pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Yeah the numbers at far outposts like Dover have been truly outstanding these last few years, if remember rightly we have even outnumbered the home fans sometimes at place like these despite being several hours from our home base!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 91
ginnywings
November 26, 2015, 12:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Given the support Lincoln muster, that was a good turnout for them last night, so fair play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 91
acko338
November 26, 2015, 1:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,213
Gold Stars: 33
For the loyal exiles, the Southern games are their home games, and the noise they make as an organised fan base, who must at least know many of the regulars by sight is immense.

It's great to listen and hear that support over the airwaves from broadcasts, that really should be reciprocated at home games, instead of constantly hearing bad comments about every tiny slip up by our guys.

I bet we've all got one moaner near to us in whichever stand we watch from at home games.

All trained in discretion by that well known motivator Rob Scott - has everyone actually seen that Linked in profile ??

Talk about total delusion !!

I defy anyone not to laugh after reading the profile of him - obviously never met Paul Hurst in his life !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 91
Les Brechin
November 26, 2015, 1:34pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
I see that they've signed striker Nathan Blissett on loan from Bristol Rovers.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 91
Rik e B
November 26, 2015, 1:49pm

Whiskey Drinker
To be fair the dissenting moaners in my area of Pontoon seem to be extremely minimal nowadays, there certainly is a feel of patience and togetherness no doubt brought on by the fact everyone can clearly see all eleven in Black and White are triers and truly care.

Unfortunately Tondeur and Co. are housed in the Main Stand where there are a few who love nothing more than to loudly heckle the whomever they see fit, the opposition dugout or match officials, okay, if you must, but also the home dugout and players should they feel the need. And nobody in there likes to sing. I've been in there once or twice and the atmosphere was poison, people pay their money and people will do as they please but counterproductive in my eyes.

The Pontoon try their best to get it going but the acoustics are awful -we'd really be better off in the Osmond which more like an echoing cave. And to be fair the Findus seems to be a lot more atmospheric singing wise than I've ever known it in the last twenty years, but again they wide open.

Would be nice to see some movement on this safe standing they talked about (price it up and start a Crowdfunder  )!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 91
Davec
November 26, 2015, 2:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Hearing rumours something has happened with Liam Hearn and he has had a bust up, played his last game for Lincoln City by all accounts. But we await confirmation
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 91
Rik e B
November 26, 2015, 2:44pm

Whiskey Drinker
That's not like our Liam... maybe fat boy Rhead stood on his toes in training?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 91
Helgy
November 26, 2015, 3:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Quoted from RoboCod
DaveC, no problem, it just seemed a very odd claim give that the only thing that has remained constant in Towns recent topsy turvy footballing world is their extraordinary away support.
Might sound cliched but there's also the quality of that support. Read on the Gimps board that while it was a good turnout it added little as they were pinned back in their own half for most of the second half and they were subdued. That sounds like a bunch of 300 fans who are not used to being together, and there's the problem with the bandwagon jumpers.

At Eastleigh (and I think you may have been there to witness this) the Town fans were deafening, even at 0-0. I don't get to many away games but I could not believe how loud the Town fans sounded on the radio!
An away win is great but it's always good to hear the opposition home fans praise our support and the noise they made.

We have a lot of London bases imps , at Barnet we took more than 500 both seasons. Last seasons turnout at Barnet was more than we took to yours & don't ask me why it baffles me.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 91
RoboCod
November 26, 2015, 5:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Think Hearn's on his way to Barrow on loan from what they say. Very odd move, would add to the fall out theory.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GIMPS

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.