10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Helgy
November 25, 2015, 6:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Quoted from 120790

Helgy, I've just had a little look on your message-board. I find it odd that your supporters are debating the virtues of Rhead and Hearn over Amond and Bogle. Are they goals obsessed? They ought to consider defendig a bit too maybe. But seen as this seem's to be their fixation then I would offer you this.

Don't they realise that getting out of this blasted league is not about two players, but that in any event Amond and Bogle have scored more than your two?

Don't they realise that we also have two very good quality strikers as well as Amond and Bogle?

Don't they realise we have a number of wider players that are very comfortable if they are needed to play up front too?

Don't they realise that our squad has goals in it all over the place and is the most potent goal scoring outfit in the top six divisions, where we have scored a massive 11 goals more than Lincoln?

Helgy, you had better tell your lot not to pin their hopes all on Rhead and Hearn. You need to be able to find goals from all over the shop Helgy, because you can stake your mortgage on injuries, suspensions and dry patches from Hearn and Rhead.

Rhead has been  revelation 14 goals , he just does not look like a footballer but brings in so much.
Hearn is starting to find his way, massive injuries that would have ended anyone else's career.
He must have a massive will power to & belief in himself to keep going when so many would have given up.
I have the upmost respect for him.

To be fair i know nothing about your players so i don't comment but we too have good wide players, i like the fact you judge us on the game against us.
This team hates to lose & are winners.

Message boards you get good viewpoints & bad view point on any board.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 91
ginnywings
November 25, 2015, 7:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.00
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,157
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Helgy

Rhead has been  revelation 14 goals , he just does not look like a footballer but brings in so much.
Hearn is starting to find his way, massive injuries that would have ended anyone else's career.
He must have a massive will power to & belief in himself to keep going when so many would have given up.
I have the upmost respect for him.

To be fair i know nothing about your players so i don't comment but we too have good wide players, i like the fact you judge us on the game against us.
This team hates to lose & are winners.

Message boards you get good viewpoints & bad view point on any board.

Girth.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 91
zorro_is_a_Mariner
November 25, 2015, 7:52pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Lincoln play tonight hopefully they lose ir draw

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 91
Marinerz93
November 25, 2015, 7:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Lincoln

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/m74852.gif[/IMG]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 91
mariner91
November 25, 2015, 8:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,938
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
Lincoln play tonight hopefully they lose ir draw

I put a tenner on them, I'd love to lose it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 91
Rik e B
November 25, 2015, 9:41pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I'd love to play Lincoln in L2 next year, us up as Champions of course. Better for the area to have more Football League teams and I'd hate for them to end up going bust through lack of league football and in the process forever end our rivalry.

Let's be honest they are not our real rivals anyway but seeing as Hull have skyrocketed to untouchable  realms we can only dream of perhaps they slowly taking that slot.

All this being said I'll never actually root for them but they are no concern for me -we are a cut above.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 91
Grim up north
November 25, 2015, 9:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 1
Just had a look on their site and they honestly talk like they are a cut above . Having worked there for a few years I hope they all live either on steep hill or the Brayford as the rest is as big a shithole as every other town in the uk. They're now harping about the state of the away end and how they were crammed ,Christ they only bring a skateboard full each time .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 91
Rik e B
November 25, 2015, 9:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Bless em, this thread better stop expanding or they'll be getting delusions of grandeur thinking we obsessed with them.

Let them have their moment in the Sun, we'll dispatch them with aplomb this festive Season I'm sure and that's all I'm really worried about.

The rivalry is fun but I've no real hate for them and hate to say it out loud but Lincoln seems like a lovely place to me and a great (and friendly) night out full of harmless students.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 91
Davec
November 26, 2015, 7:28am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 42
As much as we don't like them doing well, the matter of the fact is, they are doing well.

Paul Farman is arguably in better form than James Mckeown this season.

They have an ugly style of play but it seems to be effective doesn't it? It's picking up the points, I have no doubt we have a better team than them but I do think Lincoln will finish high this season, I wouldn't say play offs are nailed on but certainly top 8 with a chance of reaching the play offs.

I know the manager personally and he is firmly keeping his feet on the ground. And he's got an ugly but effective style of play.

Also there attendance at Boreham Wood last night wss very impressive, don't think we would take that many on a cold Tuesday night at the back end of November
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 91
ginnywings
November 26, 2015, 8:53am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.00
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,157
Gold Stars: 548
We are half way through the season. Let's see what's what at the end as nobody really knows how it will pan out. One thing we do know is that we have finished in the top 5 in each of the last 3 seasons and i believe we have a better squad now, which to me suggests we will at least make the play offs. Coupled to that, there isn't a stand out side in the league and it's there for the taking. We are better equipped to do so than Lincoln IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GIMPS

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.